Places near Mysore
Top 10 Destinations to Visit from Mysore
Coorg is known for its beautiful scenery. Tourists are fascinated by the colourful scenery, wooded slopes, undulating landscape and quaint villages of Coorg. The hill station and the beautiful weather is what that attracts users the most. Having Coorg as option for trip from Mysore will definitely be a good choice for the travellers.
Ooty is the most beautiful hill station in India. Located near Chennai, it happens to be traveller’s favourite spot who are a freak about adventures and who enjoys nature. You can stay in resorts which will make your trip memorable and enjoyable. You can travel from Mysore to Ooty in optimal time.
Bandipur is known for its National Park and vivacity of wildlife, making it a wildlife enthusiasts must see destination. The Bandipur National Park is the proud adobe of rare species such as the Indian elephant, gaur, tiger, sloth bear, mugger, Indian rock python, four-horned antelope and chital.
The city attracts tourists in large numbers due to various attractions including heritage walks, gardens, parks, temples and churches apart from shopping malls and cinemas. If you are looking for convenient travelling options within the city, Savaari provides the right solution. Bangalore is a truly cosmopolitan city with wonderful weather throughout the year.
Wayanad is a city in the north-east of Kerala, India. It is set high on the majestic Western Ghats with altitudes ranging from 700 to 2100 m. Wayanad district stands on the southern tip of the Deccan plateau and its chief glory is the majestic rugged terrain of the Western Ghats, with lofty ridges interspersed with dense forest, tangled jungles and deep valleys.
Situated in the Western Ghats, Madikeri is a popular hill station destination in Karnataka. Also known as Mercara, it is the headquarters of Kodagu (also called Coorg) district. It is a popular tourist destination. Madikeri was formerly known as Muddu raja Keri.
Kabini is a small village overlooking the beautiful Kabini river in the Mysore district of Karnataka. It is mainly a wildlife reservoir region. Kabini happens to be a magnificent place to be visited for a trip.
In the south of Karnataka is a district called Kodagu, and in the east of the district is the stunning town of Kushalnagar. A town, where one can enjoy the beauty of the forest, the river and gushing sound of the water falling from the dams. Kodagu, the district where rests the town of Kushalnagar, is of easy access by the roadways.
Mangalore located in the coastal regions is the harbour in Karnataka. The city is a shoppers-paradise. Mangalore port handles majority of the coffee exports and cashew exports of India.
Munnar is a hill station in the Indian state of Kerala. The town itself is typically Indian with the usual shops, guest houses and is really beautiful and traditional. It is a good place to stay to see the surrounding countryside. Munnar attracts the users across the country with its scenic views and beautiful places.
Places to visit in Mysore
1) Bandipur National Park - Bandipur National park includes rocky hills and valleys drained by rivers Kabini, Nugu, Moyar and numerous small streams.
2) B R Hills - The Biligiri Rangaswamy Sanctuary (B R Hills) at K Gudi (Kyathadevara Gudi), just 90 km. from Mysore, on a hilly terrain at an altitude of 3300 ft., (to 5000 ft.,) above sea level.
3) Brindavan Gardens - The Brindavan Gardens, then called the Krishnarajendra Terrace Garden, on the Krishnaraja Sagar Dam site, one of the most beautifully laid out terrace gardens in the world.
4) Chamundi Hills - Chamundi Hills, the home of Goddess Chamundeshwari is about 335 metres high, can be reached by a 13 km road from Mysore.
5) Himavad Gopalaswamy Betta - is a small hill, in the core zone can be accessed by a small road through the village of Hangala north of the national park.
6) Nagarhole National Park - Nagarhole National Park also known as 'Rajiv Gandhi National Park,' is located 94 km from Mysore.
7) Ranganthittu Bird Sanctuary - Ranganthittu Bird Sanctuary is a Bird Sanctuary in the Mandya District of the state of Karnataka in India.
8) Shivasamudram Falls
9)Brahmagiri Wildlife Sanctuary