Places near Hyderabad
Top 10 Destinations to Visit from Hyderabad
Srisailam happens to be one of the twelve revered Jyotirling Temples in India. Srisailam is also one the religious destination in India. Besides its identity as a holy city, Srisailam has several fun activities to offer tourists. Travelling from Hyderabad will be an ideal option for tourists to reach Srisailam. Along with visiting the famous temples, you can also visit other popular places in Srisailam.
The largest city in Telangana, Warangal has a rich historical past and was once the seat of charismatic kings and legendary warriors. You can visit the most famous temples in Warangal when you are on a trip to this beautiful place. Located at a distance of about 145km from Hyderabad, Warangal is an ideal option for weekend getaway.
A city located on the banks of the Krishna River, the name ‘Vijayawada’ translates to ‘the city of victory.’ A major commercial hub, it is home to respected educational institutions. A thermal power plant takes care of the city’s power requirements and a unique railway line connects the northern and southern parts of the city.
Nalgonda is situated in Telangana. Previously known as Nilagiri, it had been renamed to Nallagonda before being named as Nalgonda. The destination Nalgonda is a traveller's paradise. Being a major station in the Guntur-Secunderabad railway line, it is connected to Howrah, Chennai, Thiruvananthapuram, Vishakapatnam, Tirupati, Vijayawada, Guntur, Tenali, Quilon, Bhavnagar, Kakinada and Hyderabad.
Karimnagar is a heritage city located in Telangana. It is situated on the banks of the River Manair which is a tributary of the River Godavari. The place has a rich cultural history. Being an eminent pilgrimage centre, it is dotted with many ancient temples and forts. It is a good option for Hyderabad residents to travel to Karimnagar for a trip along with family or friends.
Bangalore is the capital of Karnataka. It is also called as the silicon city if India. Being a hub for the IT industry, Bangalore has many sightseeing places. Planning a trip to Bangalore will be a treat for the travellers as they can visit temple, amusement park, historical places and many more. One can plan for a tour to Bangalore from Hyderabad which will definitely be worthy of the budget.
Khammam is a warehouse of ancient architectural wonders too. It consists of dense forests, splendid waterfalls and delightful atmosphere in combination with the architectural sculptures and buildings. Tourists are awed by the superb artistry and craftsmanship. Cabs play a really pivotal role for tourists who wish to visit Khammam.
Nanded is one of the major pilgrim centre of the Sikhs. Nanded has beautiful places to be visited. One must cover the most popular places when you are going on a trip to Nanded. You can visit the kaleshwar temple, Gurudwara and many more.
Kurnool is a spectacular place lying on the banks of the River Tungabhadra with the Nallamalas mountain range running along it. Kurnool is believed to be the land of the Hindu God Murugan, also known as Kathikeyan. It is famous for many rock paintings that date back to the Palaeolithic era, which can be seen at The Ketavaram, Jurreru Valley, and Yaganti.
Nizamabad is a city that is located in Andhra Pradesh. The city is the headquarters of the district and is a relatively old city. The region has been ruled by many different kings and different religion and culture can be witnessed in the city. There are many interesting places that travelers can visit in the town and some of them are Nizamabad Fort, Saraganpur Temple, Yemcha village, Mallaram, Tilak Garden and Nizam Sagar Dam.
Places to visit in Hyderabad
1) Salar Jung Museum - The museum houses the largest one-man collection of antiques in the world. Collections includeThe Veiled Rebecca and other huge collection of artifacts dating back to a few centuries. > Birla Mandir - a Hindu temple made of white marble located on top of a hill overlooking the city.
2) Golconda Fort - Once abandoned by Qutub Shahis, Golconda Fort is one of the most magnificent fortress complexes in India. Seated on a hill on one side and spiraling fort on the other, its location and internal design made it one of the strongest forts in India.
3) Nehru Zoological Park - This zoo is a natural habitat housing a large variety of animals, birds, nocturnal species, aquatic and amphibian species. Located close to this is the Mir Alam Sagar, which is proposed to be converted into an Aquarium along the lines of Sentosa, Singapore. Its unique feature is the 21 in-built masonry dams that are jewel shaped, which were built in 1804 by Henry Russle, a French engineer in British service.
4) Mrugavani National Park - A sanctuary for deer and leopards, it is located en route to Chilkur. The Outer Ring Road passes over (flyover) through this national park which is a thrilling experience.
5) Birla Science Museum - The science centre is another beautiful structure, reflecting the advances made in science and technology. The interior decor matches the architectural exterior of the centre built over 10,000 sq ft (930 m2). The centre is host to a number of divisions such as the Planetarium, the Science Museum, and the centre for Applied Mathematics and Computer Sciences.
6) Charminar - a major landmark of Hyderabad with four graceful minarets located in the old city. It is built by Muhammed Quli Qutb Shah as a memorial for plague victims. Charminar in most occasions is used to represent the city and the state and is hailed as a unique Deccan monument. It is in the midst of Charkaman which are four archaways leading to roads in all four directions of the Charminar monument.