Kodaikanal is a beautiful hill station located in the state of Tamil Nadu in Southern India. Situated in the Palani Hills of the Western Ghats, Kodaikanal is known for its scenic beauty, pleasant climate, and lush greenery. With its misty hills, sparkling lakes, and enchanting waterfalls, Kodaikanal is a perfect retreat for nature lovers and adventure enthusiasts alike. Kodaikanal attracts tourists throughout the year, especially during the summer season, when people from nearby cities and states visit to escape the heat. When you book a Dindigul car rental with Savaari, the most noteworthy part of it is that you can turn a simple drive into an experiential road trip.
Best Time to Visit Kodaikanal by Road:
The best time to visit Kodaikanal by road is during the months of September and May, when the weather is pleasant and ideal for sightseeing.
Let us help you discover some of the best routes so your trip from Dindigul to Kodaikanal by road is nothing short of amazing!
Popular Route to take from Dindigul to reach Kodaikanal :
There are two popular routes to take from Dindigul to reach Kodaikanal by road:
- Route 1- Dindigul to Kodaikanal Via Batlagundu – This route is around 75 km long and takes around 2.5 to 3 hours to reach Kodaikanal from Dindigul. The route passes through the towns of Batlagundu, Pannaikadu, and Kumbur.
- Route 2- Dindigul to Kodaikanal Via Palani – This route is around 100 km long and takes around 3 to 4 hours to reach Kodaikanal from Dindigul. The route passes through the town of Palani and then ascends up to the Kodaikanal hills.
Both of these routes are scenic and offer beautiful views of the Western Ghats. However, the road via Batlagundu is wider and more well-maintained, making it a preferred choice for many travelers.
Places to Visit Along the Route:
- Sirumalai Hills: Sirumalai Hills is a picturesque hill station located on the way to Kodaikanal from Dindigul. The place is known for its tea plantations, and panoramic views of the surrounding hills.
- Silver Cascade Falls: Silver Cascade Falls is a stunning waterfall located on the way to Kodaikanal from Dindigul. The waterfall is a popular stopover for tourists to enjoy the scenic beauty and take photographs.
- Palani Murugan Temple: Palani Murugan Temple is a popular pilgrimage site located on the way to Kodaikanal from Dindigul. The temple is dedicated to Lord Murugan.
Places to Eat Along the Route:
- Murugan Idli Shop: Murugan Idli Shop is a popular eatery located in Dindigul. The restaurant serves delicious South Indian breakfast dishes, including idlis, dosas, and vadas.
- Hotel Gowri Krishna: Hotel Gowri Krishna is a popular restaurant located on the way to Kodaikanal from Dindigul.
- Muncheez: Muncheez is a popular bakery and cafe located in Kodaikanal. The cafe serves a variety of snacks, pastries, and beverages.
Download our Savaari car Booking app for a smooth and pleasant journey.