Delhi, the capital city of India, is a bustling metropolis with a rich history and culture. It is a city where ancient traditions blend seamlessly with modern-day developments. Delhi is famous for its vibrant markets, delectable street food, magnificent monuments, and vibrant nightlife. From the grandeur of the Red Fort and the Qutub Minar to the serenity of the Lotus Temple and the lush greenery of the Lodhi Gardens, Delhi has something to offer for everyone. When you book a Jalandhar car rental with Savaari, the most noteworthy part of it is that you can turn a simple drive into an experiential road trip.
Best time to visit Delhi by Road:
The best time to visit Delhi by road is between October to March. During these months, the weather is pleasant, and the temperature remains in the range of 10-25 degrees Celsius, making it comfortable for road trips.
Let us help you discover some of the best routes so your trip from Jalandhar to Delhi by road is nothing short of amazing!
Popular Route to take from Jalandhar to Reach Delhi:
There are several popular routes to travel from Jalandhar to reach Delhi by road, some of which are:
- Route 1 – Jalandhar to Delhi Via Ludhiana, Ambala and Panipat- Via NH 44
This is the most popular and fastest route, which covers a distance of approximately 385 kilometers. It passes through cities such as Ludhiana, Ambala, and Panipat.
- Route 2- Jalandhar to Delhi Via Karnal and Sonipat Via NH 9 and NH 44
This route covers a distance of approximately 400 kilometers and passes through cities such as Karnal and Sonipat.
- Route 3- Jalandhar to Delhi Via Kurukshetra and Yamunanagar ViaNH 44 and NH 352:
This route covers a distance of approximately 375 kilometers and passes through cities such as Kurukshetra and Yamuna Nagar.
Places to Visit Along the Route:
- Phillaur Fort: Located on the banks of the Sutlej River, Phillaur Fort is a historic fort built in the 17th century. It is located near Jalandhar and is a popular tourist attraction.
- Panipat Museum: This museum is located in Panipat and houses artifacts and exhibits related to the historic battle of Panipat.
- Karnal Lake: This serene lake is located in Karnal and is a popular spot for picnics and boating.
- Kurukshetra: This historic city is known for its association with the epic Mahabharata and has several temples and monuments related to the same.
- Lotus Temple: This iconic temple in Delhi is known for its unique lotus-shaped architecture and is a popular tourist spot.
- India Gate: This majestic war memorial in Delhi is a must-visit for its grandeur and history.
Places to Eat Along the Route:
- Haveli Restaurant in Jalandhar: This restaurant serves traditional Punjabi food and is a popular spot for its ambiance and delicious food.
- Amrik Sukhdev Dhaba in Murthal: This famous dhaba on the way to Delhi is known for its mouth-watering parathas and other North Indian delicacies.
- Neelkanth Star Dhaba in Karnal: This dhaba is known for its delicious Punjabi food and is a popular stopover for travelers.
- Zhilmil Dhaba in Sonipat: This popular dhaba is known for its delicious food and rustic ambiance.
- Indian Accent in Delhi: This fine-dining restaurant in Delhi is known for its fusion cuisine and is a must-visit for foodies.
Download our Savaari car Booking app for a smooth and pleasant journey.