Ever traveled from Lucknow to Allahabad? The distance between Lucknow and Allahabad is is ideal for a road trip and certainly one of the best ways to explore the raw beauty of Uttar Pradesh. Lucknow and Allahabad are two of the most vibrant cities of Uttar Pradesh and have so much to offer to all its visitors.
Table of Contents
- Why travel from Lucknow to Allahabad?
- Traveling from Lucknow to Allahabad?
- Best time to take a road trip by car
- How to Reach Allahabad By Train
- How to Reach Allahabad By Flight
- Attractions in Allahabad for Sightseeing
- Savaari recommends – Popular places to eat in Allahabad
- Hotels and resorts – Accommodation in Allahabad
Why travel from Lucknow to Allahabad?
Allahabad, now officially known as Prayagraj, is best known for its Triveni Sangam or the meeting point of three rivers – the Ganga, the Yamuna, and the Saraswati. Allahabad has, since time immemorial, held the largest Hindu gathering on the banks of the Sangam – the Maha Kumbh Mela. While the Sangam city is often passed over for more travel-friendly cities, there is a lot to Allahabad besides just its religion.
Traveling from Lucknow to Allahabad by car
Taking a road trip has its own advantages as well as its own charm. When you decide to take a road trip, the onus to plan your trip according to your own convenience falls upon. You get the flexibility to plan your trip, explore interesting places along the way and also explore the local culture in the truest sense of the term. All of which gets compromised when you plan to travel via train or flight.
The distance between Lucknow and Allahabad is approximately 200 km. It can take anywhere between 4 to 4 and a half hours to cover the distance. While the distance may look like a heavy journey but with so many interesting places along the way, your ride will be nothing short of amazing!
Thus, experience the joy of being on the road by booking a Lucknow cab from Savaari.
Important Highway Information – Lucknow to Allahabad Highway
|Highway Name||Lucknow to Prayagraj highway|
|Alternate Name||Purvanchal Expressway|
|Highway Number||NH 731|
|Starting Point||Chand Saray, Lucknow|
|End Point||Haydaria village, Ghazipur|
Best time to take a road trip
October to March are the best months to plan a road trip from Lucknow to Allahabad. Magh Mela typically happens in the month of mid-January – early March (according to Hindu Calendar), and this is the time when thousands of people flock to the town to take a dip in holy Sangam. However, the Maha Kumbh happens only once in 12 years during the same months, and should not be missed.
Although Allahabad is accessible throughout the year and tourists sites are also always open, summer (April-June) temperatures can get uncomfortably high, and it is best to avoid this time.
During the monsoon (July-September), the Ghats may not be accessible, and there are restrictions on people bathing in the river so this time too is not ideal.
Popular Routes from Lucknow to Allahabad
Route 1: Lucknow to Allahabad Via Piro-Jagdishpur Road
Lucknow to Allahabad Distance Via Piro-Jagdishpur Road
The Lucknow to Allahabad distance via this route is approximately 139 KM and takes over 2 hours 45 mins to travel. Before you travel, always check for traffic updates and use live maps to get real-time information on Lucknow to Allahabad road conditions.
Lucknow to Allahabad Road Conditions Via Piro-Jagdishpur Road
This is the shortest, fastest, and most recommended route. Most tourists and regular travellers use this route since the Lucknow to Allahabad traffic are also not heavy on this highway. Here’s a basic road map for this route:
|Lucknow — Mohanlalganj — Raebareli — Unchahar — Kunda — Prayagraj|
Popular Places along the way:
- Ganga Aquarium, Lucknow – A small detour will help you reach this place. It is one of the most interesting places to visit in Lucknow. The aquaria have been on display with more than 100 amazing fish species procured from different parts of the world including a good number of them from India. This place is sure to make you curious of the underwater world.
- Diamond Aqua Park, Mohanganj – For a little fun and adventure, this is an ideal place to take a break. Diamond Aqua Park offers amazing water slides, with an extravagant wave pool, and a lavish rain floor. It also has a wide parking area, restaurants, and rooms to stay overnight.
- Samaspur Bird Sanctuary, Raebareily – The sanctuary is a haven of peace and provides a welcome respite from the hustle and bustle of Raebareli. With more than 250 species of birds, both resident and migrant, the sanctuary is a major birding destination in Uttar Pradesh.
- Bharat Mata Temple, Raebareli – Ever heard of a temple where the presiding deity is the map of India? Well, India never fails to amaze us. This temple, located in the heart of the city, was built back in the day when India was fighting, struggling and craving for its independence. Various Bharat Mata temples were built in different corners of India to infuse the spirit of patriotism. The temple is also a great place to catch a breath of fresh air.
- Behta Bridge, Raebareli – This would be a great stop to relax amidst the most pristine surrounding in Raebareli. The calm and peace of Behta Bridge would certainly relax you for the journey ahead.
- Gushmeshwar Nath Dham, Lalganj Ajhara – This is a historical pilgrim destination. The rare kareel tree found near the dham finds mention in the Ramcharitramanas written by Goswami Tulsidas. The temple attracts hordes of devotees throughout the year who come here to worship and take a purifying dip in the river.
Places to eat along the way:
- Chawanni Chat, Bairisalpur Road – It is impossible to be traveling through the length and breadth of Uttar Pradesh and not sampling the chats from the local stores. Chawanni Chat is apparently one of your best options on this route. Their Google reviews are rave.
- Divyanshi Dhaba, Raebareli – Their good food, quick service and late night service all add to the popularity. Stop here for a wholesome meal.
- S. S Restaurant and Dhaba, Khairhani – A decent alternative in case you don’t get a table in Divyanshi Dhaba. Their outdoor seating makes this place quite pleasant to enjoy a meal with friends and family.
- Batohi Sweets and Restaurant, Khojanpur – Pack some delicious sweets for the road trip here.
- Mama Dhaba, Phaphamau – Open 24 hours, this restaurant perfectly describes dhaba food for all of us. Their chicken and mutton curries are quite a hit among travelers.
Route 2: Lucknow to Allahabad via AH1
Lucknow to Allahabad Distance via AH 1
The Lucknow to Allahabad distance via this route is approximately 241 KM and takes over 5 hours 10 mins to travel. Before you travel, always check for traffic updates and use live maps to get real-time information on Lucknow to Allahabad road conditions.
Lucknow to Allahabad Road Conditions Via AH1
This is the alternative route to travel from Lucknow to Allahabad. But this is a slightly longer road. However, there are more sightseeing options on this route. Here’s a basic Lucknow to Allahabad road map for this route:
|Lucknow — Mohanlalganj — Bachhrawan — Lalganj — Fatehpur — Iskuri — Ahjuwa — Mahgaon — Prayagraj|
Popular Places along the way:
- Hanuman Temple, Bachhawaran – Visit the sacred temple of the town built only with marble and red sandstone. Stop for a peaceful break here before continuing the road trip.
- Anandi Mata Temple, Bilanda – Open 24 hours, this is another temple revered by the locals and should be visited to witness the faith of hundreds of people who gather around the temple every evening for an elaborate aarti.
- Gurudwara Sri Guru Singh Sabha, Manauri – Those seeking peace and solitude should stop here to catch a breath of air. Do not miss the langar.
- Happy Home Park, Bamrauli – A government-protected area perfect for a quiet picnic with family.
Places to eat along the way:
- Mom’s Kitchen Restaurant, Lucknow – If you are looking for a place to eat before starting the road trip, this restaurant, open till late in the night, is a great option for a meal as well as quick bites.
- Kashish Restaurant, Mohanlalganj – A decent option on the highway, the restaurant serves both veg and non-veg food. Their noodles and biryani are quite liked by travelers.
- Gurukripa Shakahari Restaurant, Mastipur – This spacious restaurant can be your ideal choice if you are looking for a pure vegetarian restaurant.
- Raj Sweets and Restaurant, Fatehpur – A good option for travelers offering good food, clean washroom and ample parking area. Stop here for a quick coffee break with some snacks to wash it down.
- Awadh Family Restaurant and Hotel, Kanpur-Allahabad Highway – Known for their good food, stop here for a full meal. Their Chicken and Mutton Biryani are the star hits.
Book a cab from Lucknow to Allahabad
Route 3: Lucknow to Allahabad via Purvanchal Expy and Ayodhya – Prayagraj Rd
Lucknow to Allahabad Distance via Purvanchal Expy and Ayodhya – Prayagraj Rd
The Lucknow to Allahabad distance via this route is approximately 211 KM and takes over 4 hours 45 mins to travel. Before you travel, always check for traffic updates and use live maps to get real-time information on Lucknow to Allahabad road conditions.
Lucknow to Allahabad Road Conditions via Purvanchal Expy and Ayodhya – Prayagraj Rd
This is the alternative route to travel from Lucknow to Allahabad. But this is a slightly longer road. Here’s a basic Lucknow to Allahabad road map for this route:
|Lucknow –Haidargarh — Kurebhar — Sultanpur — Pratapgarh — Prayagraj|
Popular Places along the way:
- Rumi Darwaza – An imposing gateway to Old city Lucknow, this sixty feet tall eneterance was built in 1784 by Nawab Asaf-Ud-Daula. The design is an epitome to all that Lucknow is known for. This place should be on your list while traveling to Allahabad from lucknow.
- Paryawaran Park Sultanpur
Places to eat along the way:
- The Royal Bakery & Chinese fast food- This multi-cuisine restaurant has everything from snacks to a three-course meal. Try their chole khasta and aloo tikki for sure if you stop here.
- Narayani restaurant – A classic pitstop for some snacks and meal restaurant located in Sultanpur.
- Rajwada Restaurant, Prayagraj – A clean, hygienic restaurant, good for friends and families is your perfect stop for a wholesome meal.
Lucknow to Allahabad Best Route
While you can take any of the two routes, we recommend Route 1 Via Piro-Jagdishpur road. The road conditions are excellent and the time taken is less. However, it is advisable to check live traffic updates before leaving for your trip.
Other means of traveling
There are, of course, other ways of traveling from Lucknow to Allahabad. Both these cities are located at a distance of 201kms and are well connected to each other. Some of the other ways of traveling from Lucknow to Allahabad are as follows:
How to Reach Allahabad by Train
Traveling from one place to the other is easy because of the efficient rail connectivity. There are many trains that run between the two cities. On a daily basis, 2 trains run between Lucknow and Allahabad. On a weekly basis, the count shoots up to 7.
The first train that leaves Lucknow and takes you to Allahabad is 14116 Haridwar Junction Allahabad Junction Express. It departs from Lucknow at 01:25 AM and reaches Allahabad at 02:40 AM. The last train that leaves Lucknow for Allahabad is 12540 Lucknow Nr Yesvantpur Junction Superfast Express. It leaves at 20:00 PM and reaches its destination at 21:50 PM.
14210 Lucknow Nr Vindhyachal Intercity is the fastest train that will take you from Lucknow to Allahabad. It takes 4h 15m and leaves Lucknow at 07:30. The maximum duration of 6h 55m is taken by Lucknow Nr Yesvantpur Junction Superfast 22684. It departs from Lucknow at 17:25.
Out of all the trains that operate between Lucknow and Allahabad,4 originate from Lucknow while the rest 5 pass from Lucknow. For more information, visit the IRCTC website.
How to Reach Allahabad by Flight
There are no direct flights from Lucknow to Allahabad. However, there are still many airlines that ply between these two cities, but with layovers. The average time taken by flights to cover the Lucknow to Allahabad distance varies from 5 to 7 hours depending upon factors such as the airline, the layover, the season of travel and so and so forth. For more information, visit any online travel portal for more accurate fares and availability.
Explore Allahabad like a local – A Handy Guide
Prayag or Prayagraj had been the ancient name of the city of Allahabad. Pra means “first” and Yag means “devotion”. Prayag also signifies the coming together of rivers Ganga, Yamuna and Saraswati. After the Mughal invasion, Emperor Akbar, impressed by the location named the city Ilahabas which meant “Abode of God”. Emperor Shah Jahan, his grandson, renamed the city to Allahabad.
This important destination in Uttar Pradesh has seen days of political, cultural and administrative influence from the time when it was the capital of Kuru rulers of Hastinapur, so you see Allahabad’s rich history does hold a power to captivate tourists on their visit. The city is popular as a venue for Kumbh Mela and for housing edifices like the Allahabad Fort, Allahabad University, and Anand Bhawan which is the ancestral home of the Nehru Family. In fact, the city is not just the home of the Nehru family but 13 other Prime Ministers of India!
Keep reading to find out the very best of the city so that you do not miss anything worth experiencing.
Local Attraction Sightseeing in Allahabad
One of the top places to visit in Allahabad, if you’re spiritually inclined (and even if you’re not because this place deserves a visit), Triveni Sangam is a place bustling with tourists and locals all year round. People can easily differentiate between the rivers as they maintain their original colours and this convergence point is considered as an auspicious junction as according to the Hindus, a bath here will help them wash away their sins and free them from the cycle of rebirth. This place is also super crowded during the religious festival- Kumbh Mela.
The Allahabad Fort is another monument of historical significance and is a heritage site recognized by UNESCO. Built during the reign of Akbar, this fort is also a fine example of the curation and craftsmanship of the Mughal era.
Also famous as the church of stones or Patthar Girja, All Saints Cathedral is a must-visit location in Allahabad. It is an astonishing marvel and one of those Gothic-style churches which was built by the British. Sir William Emerson was the person behind the architecture of this cathedral who has also built Victoria Memorial in Kolkata. While you visit here, the magnificent carvings and glasswork here will surely catch your attention. Apart from this, the peace you’ll feel here is hard to express through words.
Other popular places to visit in Allahabad include the Anand Bhavan, Chandra Shekhar Azad Park, and Allahabad Museum.
Savaari Recommends: Popular Places to eat in Allahabad
The holy land and the city of pilgrims and pilgrimages, Allahabad is undoubtedly among the top places to visit in India. This holy mecca is also a major dining destination, especially to enjoy the Mughalai cuisine of North India, though there’s a surprising number of North American-style burger joints as well. From tempting thalis to sinful sundaes, these are some of the best places to enjoy good food in Allahabad –
- Lassi at Raja Ram Lassi Waalaa
- The Biryani at Eat on
- Chaat at Nirala
- Kachori and Sabzi at Netram Mulchand and Sons
- Chhole Samose at Sainik
- Dahi Bhalla at Kamdhenu
- Gulab Jamuns at Hira Halwai
Hotels and Resorts – Accommodation in Allahabad
|The Legend Hotel||23C, Thornhill Road, Civil Lines, Prayagraj, Uttar Pradesh 211001 PH: 070803 05807|
|Hotel Polo Max||Multi-Functional Complex, Civil Lines Railway Station Compound, Prayagraj, Uttar Pradesh 211001 PH: 075218 70444|
|Hotel Ravisha Continental||18th Ward 18-1-5/6 Tirumala Bypass Road, Near, Kapila Teertham, Ramchandra Nagar, Tirupathi, Andhra Pradesh 517501 PH: 073882 00886|
|Hotel Harsh Ananda||118, 16, Mahatma Gandhi Marg, Civil Lines, Prayagraj, Uttar Pradesh 211001 PH: 099845 02097|
|Sri Padmavathi Guest House||Sri Venkateswara University Rd, Sri Padmavati Mahila Visvavidyalayam, Tirupati, Andhra Pradesh 517502 PH: 0877 226 4510|
Download our Savaari car Booking app for a smooth and pleasant journey.