Shirdi is considered to be one of the most revered and is, therefore, the most visited Hindu pilgrimage sites in Maharashtra. It attracts devotees from all over the country, irrespective of caste, religion and so on. Tucked in the heart of Maharashtra, the town is the sacred sanctum of the legendary holy saint, Sai Baba. It has remained historic for over a hundred years now and will continue to for many more to come. A lot of people travel from different parts of the country and mainly from Mumbai. Make your Mumbai to Shirdi trip memorable by booking a Mumbai Taxi service with Savaari and explore the city at your own pace!
Table of Contents
Why Travel From Mumbai to Shirdi?
Planning a road trip from Mumbai to Shirdi? Here’s Savaari’s guide for an epic road trip experience. Read on!
However, the charm of Shirdi also goes beyond the temples and the holy sites. It extends to its raw as well as its rustic landscape, which is quite inviting for those who love the countryside. Whether you are going to Shirdi for a pilgrimage or for a regular touristy affair, you can make it interesting. Moreover, as they say, a divine destination is best accomplished when then the journey is equally divine.
For such a trip, you can start your journey from Mumbai (whether you are from Mumbai or traveling to Mumbai to reach Shirdi). Book a cab with Savaaari and you can easily customize the entire trip as you wish, making stopovers on the way, so your journey becomes more experiential.
Traveling from Mumbai to Shirdi by car
You can make your travel interesting with our Mumbai to Shirdi trip packages. Take a Shirdi trip from Mumbai by car, and enjoy the ride through the hills and valleys of Western Ghats before you reach the hinterlands of Maharashtra and head into the sleepy villages.
On covering Mumbai to Shirdi distance by car, you will clearly witness the transitioning landscape and get to see some popular nature locales of this part of the state and also experience the shifting culture. Let us help you with the best route plan so you can make the most of your Mumbai to Shirdi trip by road.
Thus, experience the joy of being on the road by booking a Mumbai to Shirdi cab from Savaari.
Important Highway information – Mumbai-Shirdi Highway
|Highway Name||Mumbai-Shirdi Highway|
|Total Distance||241 Km|
Best time to take a road trip by car
Shirdi is centrally located within Maharashtra and therefore is not surrounded by any prominent water body or hills. As a result, the region is very arid. Summers are very harsh with hot and dry weather and temperatures that can go up to even 42 degrees (C).
Winters, however, are cooler and the weather is much more conducive to explore the town. But if you also want to experience the natural environment of Shirdi, the best time to visit Mumbai to Shirdi by car is during the rainy season, between July and September, when the monsoon turns the otherwise muted landscape into a rich, velvety shade of green.
Route 1: Mumbai to Shirdi via Ghoti-Shirdi Road and NH 160
Mumbai to Shirdi distance Via NH 160
This is the shortest, fastest, and most convenient route. As a result of which, most travelers and pilgrims opt for this route. The traffic here is also much lighter on this highway and makes it more comfortable to drive.
The distance between Mumbai and Shirdi via Ghoti by road is 240 KM and takes about four and a half hours. However, before you travel, always make sure to check for live traffic updates and use real-time maps for better assessment of Mumbai to Shirdi road conditions.
Here’s a basic Mumbai to Shirdi road map for this route:
|Mumbai — Thane– Dombivali — Asangaon — Vihigaon — Igatpuri — Sinnar — Pangdi — Pathare — Shirdi|
Popular places along the way:
- Vihi Falls, Vihigaon – The sparkling waterfall is the highlight of this village-town and has evolved to become a popular spot for activities such as trekking, water sports, camping, and picnic. For the best experience, visit the waterfalls during monsoon, when the water flow is higher, resulting in more torrential cascades and greener surroundings.
- Vipassana Center, Igatpuri – The largest meditation center in Asia is right here in Maharashtra. The huge premise houses a spiritual learning centre as well as a retreat for visitors.
- Kanvai Fort, Igatpuri – The ancient fort sitting on a hill, is another interesting attraction of Igatpuri. Particularly in the rainy season, the dark stone structure surrounded by lush foliage makes it a sight to savor and explore. You can easily stop here on your way to Shirdi and do a short trek for a couple of hours.
- Deolali Camp, Deolali – This is indeed an iconic camping site in this part of Maharashtra. Deolali attracts outdoor lovers after the rains who come to enjoy the transformed natural surroundings.
Places to eat along this route:
- Food Hub Restaurant, Asangaon – Typical highway-side eatery serving fast food, breakfast, as well as small meals. Good for quick grub.
- Anand Mangal Pure Veg Garden Restaurant, Igatpuri – Local restaurant serving pure vegetarian fare, with outdoor seating, good for families and big groups.
- Kamat Restaurant, Sinnar – Popular statewide restaurant chain serving Maharashtrian and South Indian breakfast, snacks, along with quick meals as well.
Mumbai to Shirdi road condition Via NH 160
The route covers a distance of 250 km within 5 and a half hours and the road condition is good. This route is preferred by travelers because it is shorter and faster.
Route 2: Mumbai to Shirdi via NH 61
Mumbai to Shirdi distance Via NH 61
This is, however, an alternative route to cover the Mumbai to Shirdi distance. This highway takes only an hour longer than the previous route but experiences heavier traffic.
Via this route, the distance between Mumbai and Shirdi via Nashik by road is 266 KM. Before you travel, always check for live traffic updates and make sure you use real-time maps to get the best assessment of Mumbai to Shirdi road conditions.
Here’s a basic Mumbai to Shirdi road map for this route:
|Mumbai — Thane– Dombivali — Saralgaon — Alephata — Shirdi|
Popular places along this route:
- Junnar: This is a historic town located about 40 km from Alephata, known for its ancient caves and temples. The Lenyadri Caves, a series of ancient rock-cut Buddhist caves, are a particularly popular attraction.
- Malshej Ghat: It is known for its natural beauty and waterfalls. The pass is surrounded by hills, valleys, and waterfalls, making it a popular destination for trekking and picnicking.
- Gorakhgad Fort: It is a small hill fort located in the Nashik district of Maharashtra, India. The fort was built in the 11th century and was used as a strategic military outpost by the Maratha Empire.
- Ovalekar Wadi Butterfly Garden: Tranquil, a small butterfly farm with guided tours of the different species and their life cycles.
Places to eat along this route:
- Hotel Satkar, Thane: This is a popular restaurant located in Thane, known for its delicious North Indian and Chinese dishes. They have a wide variety of vegetarian and non-vegetarian options, as well as a variety of snacks and desserts.
- The Food Street, Thane: This is a street food market located in Thane, offering a wide variety of local snacks and dishes. You can try different types of chaat, pav bhaji, vada pav, and other popular street foods here.
- Gajalee, Thane: This is a seafood restaurant located in Thane, known for its delicious coastal dishes. They have a wide variety of seafood options, including prawns, crabs, and fish, as well as vegetarian dishes.
- Hotel Surya, Saralgaon: This is a restaurant located in Saralgaon, known for its delicious South Indian dishes. They have a wide variety of vegetarian and non-vegetarian options, as well as a variety of snacks and desserts.
- The Chocolate Room, Alephata: This is a cafe and dessert shop known for its delicious chocolate-based desserts. They have a wide variety of chocolate-based cakes, pastries, and ice cream flavours.
Mumbai to Shirdi road condition Via NH 61
The route covers a distance of 270 km within 6 hours and the road condition is good. This route is preferred as a good alternative that crosses the quaint views and places like Alephata and Saralgaon.
Mumbai to Shirdi Best Route
While you can take any of the two routes, we recommend Route 1 Via NH 160. The road conditions are excellent and the time taken is less. However, it is advisable to check live traffic updates before leaving for your trip.
Book a cab from Mumbai to Shirdi
Other means of traveling from Mumbai to Shirdi
You can also take a Mumbai to Shirdi bus to cover the distance. The Mumbai to Shirdi bus price ranges from Rs 800 – Rs 2000 based on your choice of preference.
How to Reach Shirdi By Train
You can also cover Mumbai to Shirdi distance by train. There are a total of three trains that run between Mumbai and Shirdi, of which one runs daily.
The fastest train between Mumbai and Shirdi is DADAR SAINAGAR SHIRDI SUPERFAST EXPRESS (22147), which takes only six hours to reach. Therefore, for train fares and bookings, you can visit the Indian Railways website or check any online travel portal for the best deals.
It however takes 6 to 10 hours, depending upon the train you take or the season of travel. For the most updated train timings, always check the latest timetables of IRCTC, before booking. For more relaxing ride you can directly book a Mumbai car rental to reach your destination
How to Reach Shirdi By Flight
You can also reach Shirdi from Mumbai by flight. The nearest airport is Shirdi Airport (SAG).The average flight distance is covered in 1 to 6 hours, depending on the airline and flight route.
Therefore, for your Mumbai to Shirdi flight booking, you can visit any airline website or online travel portals for the best deals. The flight ticket can cost you INR 2500 to 10,000, depending on your booking window, the airline, available deals, as well as the travel season. You can book a Mumbai airport to Shirdi cab to have safe and comfortable journey.
Explore Shirdi Like a Local: A Handy Guide
Shirdi is revered for the holy shrine and temple of Sai Baba, the native saint of Maharashtra. If you want to absorb the place in its true essence, do take a tour of the town and also stay for a few days.
With its divine vibes coupled with a rustic charm, the town of Shirdi and its surroundings are sure to fascinate you. Shirdi tourism goes beyond the temples and religious sites and extends to the nearby nature locales. With our tips and suggestions, you can make your Shirdi trip memorable and make the most of the place.
Attractions in Shirdi for Sightseeing
For an ultimate Shirdi tour, you must visit these holy sites-Sai Baba Sansthan Temple, Dwarkamai, Gurusthan, Samadhi Mandir, Lendi Baug, and Chavadi. Each of these sites has its own significance as well as stories associated with Sai Baba.
You can also visit the Dixit Wada Museum and Sai Heritage Village. Turn your Shirdi sightseeing into a holistic pilgrimage by also visiting Shani Shignapur.
With our tips and suggestions, you can take a tour of Shirdi in a unique way and make the most of your travel.
Savaari recommends – Popular places to eat in Shirdi
As a result of being a pilgrim town, Shirdi’s food culture is predominantly vegetarian. However, you might find a few places serving meat or fish dishes. But whatever the food is, the local cuisine is quintessentially Maharashtrian, albeit with a rustic touch. Pithla Bhakri, Pohe, Bharli Vangi, sabudana khichdi, aamti (lentils), and rassa (curries) are some of the ethnic dishes that you will surely find in Shirdi, along with local fast food.
To fulfill your hunger pangs or simply to try traditional cuisines, head to these places in Shirdi-
- Ahaan Restaurant, Daiwik Hotels, Behind B.S.N.L.
- Sai Sagar Food Court, Pimpalwadi Road.
- The Tulip, Shiv Road.
- Blue Coriander, Off Pimpalwadi Road.
- Trail Restaurant, Opp Hotel Shanti Kamal, Manmad Road.
- Madhuvan Saattvic, near The Tulip.
- Woodlands, off MH SH 10, Sai Nagar
Hotels and resorts – Accommodation in Shirdi
|Sun-n-Sand||Plot No. 109/P – 124/P, Village Nighoj, Taluka Kopergaon, Shirdi 423 109. PH: 02423 257 164|
|Daiwik Hotels||New Pimpalwadi Road, Behind B.S.N.L. Bldg., Tal – Rahata, Dist. Ahmednagar, Shirdi, Maharashtra 423109 PH: 095525 55222|
|St. Laurn The Spiritual Resort||S. No. 5, 19, Rui Shiv Rd, Shirdi, Maharashtra 423109 PH: NA|
|Shraddha Inn||Pimpalwadi Road, Shirdi, Maharashtra 423 109 PH: 096191 76522|
|Sai Neem Tree Hotel||Rui Shiv Rd, Shirdi, Maharashtra 423109 PH: 073011 10111|
For the Mumbai to Shirdi car rental price download our Savaari car rental app. You will find the cheapest Mumbai to Shirdi taxi prices with exclusive discounts and offers on the app.