A hub of business, education, entertainment, art and culture makes Mumbai one of India’s busiest and largest cities, with an electrifying energy that can overwhelm you. Mumbai is the capital of Maharashtra and the second-most populous city in India and the seventh in the world.
Table of Contents
- Why travel from Nashik to Mumbai?
- Traveling from Nashik to Mumbai by car
- Best time to take a road trip by car
- How to Reach Mumbai By Train
- How to Reach Mumbai By Flight
- Places to eat along this route
- Attractions in Mumbai for Sightseeing
- Popular routes from Nasik to Mumbai
- Hotels and resorts – Accommodation in Mumbai
Why travel from Nashik to Mumbai?
A trip from Nashik to Mumbai by car is undoubtedly one of the most popular ways to travel between these two cities. The route passes through the gorgeous landscape of the Western Ghats and is one of the best stretches in the state. You will be riding along the hilly roads, through the valleys, small towns, and villages, before you touch the coastal city of Mumbai.
Travelling from Nashik to Mumbai by Car
As you begin your journey from Nashik, you may not encounter as much traffic as you would upon reaching Mumbai city limits. Whether you are travelling via Vikramgad or Igatpuri, the beautiful trees, country roads and small towns on the way are sure to leave you feeling mesmerized. With our completely customizable Nashik to Mumbai trip packages, you can stop at any of these places and do a quick sightseeing. Let us help you discover the best routes to travel from Nashik to Mumbai by car.
Important Highway Information about Nashik to Mumbai
|Highway Name||Nashik to Mumbai Highway|
|Alternate Name||National Highway 160|
|Highway Number||NH – 160|
Best Time to Visit Mumbai
The best time to explore the Nashik to Mumbai road route is during the monsoon when the surroundings turn lush green and make for a great sight. However, you can also travel during the winter and experience colder temperatures. The distance between Nashik to Mumbai by car is roughly 150 to 200 KM. Depending on the season as well as traffic conditions, it should ideally take 3 to 4 hours to reach Mumbai from Nashik.
Quick Facts about Nashik to Mumbai
|Road Distance from Nashik to Mumbai||165 kms|
|Aerial Distance from Nashik to Mumbai||138 kms|
|Travel Time for Nashik to Mumbai||3 hours and 48 minutes|
|Travel Time for Nashik to Mumbai by Train||3 hours and 25 minutes|
|Travel Time for Nashik to Mumbai by Flight||1 hours and 25 minutes|
|Best Routes||Nashik to Mumbai Via NH160|
|Best time to visit||October and February|
Popular Routes from Nashik to Mumbai
Route 1: Nashik to Mumbai via NH 160
This is the shortest and the best route to travel between Nashik to Mumbai. It is also the fastest because the Nashik to Mumbai traffic on this route is regular and there are no road closures. The distance between Nashik to Mumbai on this route is somewhere around 166 KM and takes about three and a half hours. Always check live maps and instant traffic updates for the latest information on Nashik to Mumbai road conditions.
Here’s the basic route map from Nashik to Mumbai:
Popular sights/monuments that you will encounter along this route:
- Deolali Camp – A quiet cantonment area, now a natural hotspot for picnics, day treks, or overnight stays.
- Myanmar Gate, Igatpuri – Entrance to the Vipassana Center, the largest meditation center in Asia.
- Vihi Waterfalls, Vihigaon – A natural cascade surrounded by forests and greenery, good for day picnics, short treks, hikes, camping, or water sports.
- Laxmi Baug Agro Tourism, Shahapur – A local organic farmland offering eco-tourism, good for a farm-stay and enjoying fresh produce.
- Ganesh Ghat, Kalyan – Sprawling green area overlooking the Ulhas River, with a riverside promenade, great for sunset views.
- Sanjay Gandhi National Park – Take a tour of the greenest patch of Mumbai metropolitan, known for migratory birds and snaking trails.
Places to eat along this route:
- Vithal Kamat, Khambale – Oldest restaurant chain in the state and popular among travellers for vegetarian snacks and quick meals.
- Hotel Sai Bhatsa, Lahe – Highway side diner serving vegetarian and non-vegetarian food, good for families and big groups.
- Foodmax, Vasind – Standard highway side eatery serving fast food and quick meals, good for quick stops, late nights, and families.
- Kath and Ghat Restaurant, Thane West – A fine dining family restaurant serving Maharashtrian dishes and local seafood specialities.
Nashik to Mumbai Road Condition via route 1:
The road condition on route 1 from Nashik to Mumbai is excellent. It is the fastest route with light traffic, some tolls on the way and no road closures.
Route 2: Distance and time taken from Nashik to Mumbai via NH48 & NH848
This is an alternative route for travelling from Nashik to Mumbai but this route is much longer and takes more time to travel than the previous route. There are also tolls on this route. The distance from Nashik to Mumbai on this route is about 220 km and takes about five hours. Always use live maps to check for road closures or check for other traffic updates while travelling.
Here’s the basic route map from Nashik to Mumbai along this route:
- Jawhar Hill Station – An offbeat hilly town with old temples, monuments, and ample natural surroundings, good for trekking, camping, and picnics.
- Simandhar Swami Shwetambar Jain Temple, Naingaon – An elaborately carved Jain temple and a popular pilgrimage site, housing a library, colourful murals and shrines.
- Ovalekar Wadi Butterfly Garden, Thane – A tranquil, small butterfly farm with guided tours of the different butterfly species and well-tended gardens.
Places to eat along this route:
- Café Coffee Day, Haloli – National café chain serving specialty coffee, snacks, and quick meals, good for breakfast or tea/coffee breaks.
- Kinara Dhaba, Navghar – A village-themed, dhaba-style restaurant with rustic interiors, serving Punjabi and north Indian meals, good for families and big groups.
- AIB roast Fast Food, Mira Road – Local fast-food joint serving quick meals, tea and coffee, good for quick stops, late night meals.
Nashik to Mumbai Road Condition via route 2:
The road conditions on this route from Nashik to Mumbai are good as of date but it is a longer route and can have some traffic.
Nashik to Mumbai Best Route
With interesting pit stops along the way, both the above routes are good for travelling from Nashik to Mumbai but if time and a pleasant journey are a priority for you, then route 1 seems to be the better choice for travelling from Nashik to Mumbai by road. Additionally, if rest stops are important for your travel, then also the first route is better since the second route does not offer many food options along the way.
How to Reach Mumbai
The fastest train from Nashik to Mumbai is LOKMANYATILAK T MANDUADIH EXPRESS (12165), which takes about three hours. The average travel time by train from Nashik to Mumbai is somewhere between three and five hours, depending on the train. To book a train to Mumbai from Nashik, you can visit any online travel portal or check the Indian Railways website to get the best deals. For the latest and most accurate information on Nashik to Mumbai train timings, always check the timetables of IRCTC before you book.
|02168 – LTT FESTIVL SPL||08:55 AM||12:30 PM||3 hour and 35 minutes|
|01094 – MAHANAGARI SPL||07:20 AM||11:25 AM||4 hour and 05 minutes|
|02106 – G CSMT SF SPL||02:35 AM||06:50 AM||4 hour and 15 minutes|
|02110 – MMR CSMT SPL||07:05 AM||10:15 AM||3 hour and 40 minutes|
There are several flights available daily from Nashik to Mumbai which connect via Delhi. The nearest airport is Mumbai International Airport (MUM). The average Nashik to Mumbai flight duration can range from 8 to 10 hours, and costs between Rs 7,000 and 10,000 depending on the airline or the flight route you take. For your Nashik to Mumbai flight booking, visit any online travel portal or check with the airline’s direct website.
Attractions in Mumbai for Sightseeing
Start your tour the way once settlers started, through the Gateway of India and have a look around the iconic Taj Mahal Hotel. You can also take a boat ride to the Elephanta Caves nearby, known for one of the oldest Buddhist and Jain temples and statues.
A city of beaches, Mumbai is best viewed from some of these beach promenades such as the Marine Drive, Bandra Bandstand, Carter Road, Juhu Beach, Versova Beach, Marve Beach, and Gorai Beach.
Also, spend a day on Manori Island, at a ferry ride off the suburb of Malad. Explore the Borivali National Park, the greenest patch of the city and a local nature hotspot for treks, hikes, picnics, and seasonal bird watching.
If you wish to seek divine intervention, make your way to places like the SiddhiVinayak Temple, Haji Ali Dargah, Basilica of Our Lady of the Mount/Mount Mary’s Church, or St. Michael’s Church/Mahim Church.
Savaari recommends – Popular places to eat in Mumbai
A melting pot of all possible cultures and communities of India, and above all, from many international locations, Mumbai’s food flair has evolved to be a hearty mix of all. Therefore, from the quintessential Maharashtrian delicacies to fine French, Italian, Lebanese, and many popular global cuisines, Mumbai seems to have it all.
So, to sample a flavour from every possible culture around the world, explore these eateries in the city –
- Wasabi by Morimoto, Taj Hotel, Colaba
- Café Leopold, Colaba Causeway
- Slink & Bardot, Worli Village
- Bombay Canteen, Lower Parel
- Mahesh Lunch Home, Juhu
- Silver Beach Café, Juhu
- Pali Village Café, Bandra
- Lake View Café, Powai
Hotels and Resorts – Accommodation in Mumbai
|Radisson Mumbai||X-22, MIDC Central Rd, Hanuman Nagar, Andheri East, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400093||022 5005 0123|
|Sahara Star||Opp. Domestic Airport, Navpada, Vile Parle East, Vile Parle, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400099||022 3989 5000|
|Four Seasons||1, 136, Dr E Moses Rd, Gandhi Nagar, Upper Worli, Worli, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400018||022 2481 8000|
|Hotel Sea Princess||Juhu Tara Rd, near Juhu Beach, Airport Area, Juhu, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400049||022 6692 4455|
|St. Regis||462, Tulsi Pipe Rd, Lower Parel, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400013||022 6162 8000|
Download our Savaari Car Booking App for a smooth and pleasant journey.