Pune is a city in western India, in the state of Maharashtra. It is the second-largest city in the state and the ninth-most populous city in the country. Pune is known for its cultural and historical landmarks, as well as its educational and industrial centers. Pune has a diverse population, with a mix of cultures and traditions.
- Why travel from Shirdi to Pune?
- Traveling from Shirdi to Pune by car
- Best time to take a road trip by car
- Popular routes from Shirdi to Pune
- How to Reach Pune By Train
- How to Reach Pune By Flight
- Popular Places to eat in Pune
- Attractions in Pune for Sightseeing
- Hotels and resorts – Accommodation in Pune
Why travel from Shirdi to Pune?
Pune has some amazing historical places where you can revel in the architectural gems left behind by time, lip-smacking food, buzzing nightlife, and easy access to some amazing places like Lonavala, Mahabaleshwar, Panchgani and more. When you take a road trip from Shirdi to Pune, you can enhance your experience by enjoying everything that lies on the way. With a Savaari, you can turn your drive into a fun-filled journey and also customize the trip to your liking, travel time, and budget.
Travelling from Shirdi to Pune
The distance between Shirdi to Pune by road is approximately 184 km and therefore should ideally take 5 hours to cover this distance. Follow NH6O for about 138 km, then take Sangamner-Kopargaon road to NH160 and continue for 46 km. The drive is enjoyable, with well-maintained roads, and several options for fuel as well as refreshments along the way.
With our completely customizable Shirdi to Pune trip packages, you can stop at any of these places and do a quick sightseeing. Let us help you discover the best routes to travel from Shirdi to Pune by car.
Important Highway Information about Shirdi to Pune
|Highway Name||Shirdi to Pune Highway|
|Alternate Name||National Highway 160|
|Highway Number||NH – 160|
Best time to visit
For Shirdi to Pune road trip, the months from July to February would be the best time to take a road trip. Pune weather remains cool and pleasant. It is best to avoid the torrid weather during the summer months which usually lasts from March till the end of June.
Quick Facts about Shirdi to Pune
|Road Distance from Shirdi to Pune||185.7km|
|Aerial Distance from Shirdi to Pune||153 kms|
|Travel Time for Shirdi to Pune||4 hours and 45 minutes|
|Travel Time for Shirdi to Pune by Train||6 hours and 13 minutes|
|Travel Time for Shirdi to Pune by Flight||3 hours and 25 minutes|
|Best Routes||Shirdi to Pune Via NH 60|
|Best time to visit||October and February|
Popular Routes from Rameshwaram to Madurai
Route 1: Shirdi to Pune via NH 80
The route covers a distance of 184 km within 4.5 hours and the road condition is excellent. This route is preferred by most travellers and passes through beautiful cities like Kurali and Vadgaon.
Popular places along the way:
- Chandanapuri Ghat Forest Department, Gunjalwadi – This mountain pass is a perfect place to catch a breath of fresh air. The lush green surroundings along with the fresh air provide a perfect break from driving.
- Sri Venkateshwara Balaji Mandir, Narayanpur – A replica of Tirupati Balaji Temple from Andhra Pradesh, the temple is located in Narayanpur off the Pune-Bangalore Highway. With an extremely peaceful and clean ambience, this place is another perfect stop for a break.
- Bird Valley Udyan, Chinchwad – Located just around 8 Km via Jadhavwadi road, Bird Valley Udyan is one of the most popular recreational spots in Chinchwad. The key feature of this park is that it surrounds an old lake. Located in MIDC Chinchwad, this popular lakeside park offers boating and therefore is a great picnic spot that can be enjoyed with family.
Places to eat along the way:
- Aswad Pure Veg Family Restaurant, Rajgurunagar – Their prompt service, delicious food, and ample parking space are highly appreciated by travellers. Stop here for a wholesome meal in case you are looking for a place to eat.
- Hotel Mahadev, Waki BK – Get a taste of authentic misal pav in this small highway-side eatery.
- Shivneri Snacks and Tea Center, Chakan – Grab a cup of hot tea or coffee here.
- Bhujbal Bandhu Hotel Super Shriraj, Pune-Nashik Highway – This highway-side restaurant serves good veg as well as non-veg dishes. So, if you are looking for a place to eat a wholesome meal, this is quite a decent option on the highway.
- Atharva Pure Veg, Pimpri Chinchwad – A great breakfast stop on the way. The lovely ambience and organized parking space, therefore, make this place quite a hit among travellers.
Shirdi to Pune Road Conditions via NH 80
The road conditions from Shirdi to Pune on route 1 are excellent. It is the fastest route with light traffic, despite some tolls on the way, but there are no road closures.
Route 2: Visa Pune-Ahmednagar Highway and NH 160
Popular places along the way:
- Futala Lake, Nagpur – Built by Bhonsle Kings, the lake is surrounded on three sides by forest and a landscaped beach on the fourth side. This picturesque lake is a perfect place to relax and take a break from driving.
- Ahmednagar Fort, Ahmednagar – Once known as the second-most impregnable fort (the first one being the Gwalior Fort), Ahmednagar Fort was the main headquarters of the Ahmednagar Sultanate. Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru was also imprisoned here. Visit the iconic fort for its grandeur and the extremely significant history attached to it.
- Bhima Koregaon Vijaystambha, Perne Phata – Visit the historical monument in Perne Phata which is open 24 hours every day. Pay your respects to the brave Marathas who fought and resisted the British forces in the Third Anglo-Maratha War. History buffs are surely going to love this place.
Places to eat along the way:
- Maharaja Misal, Palwe – For some mind-boggling misal pav, stop here for a plate full of happiness.
- Hotel Sadhguru Pure Veg, Kurund – For those of you looking for a pure vegetarian restaurant, this place serves good quality as well as delicious food. Also, please carry sufficient cash to the restaurant. They only accept payments in cash.
- Shree Saidatta Snacks Center, MH SH 27 – This highway-side eatery is a perfect place to stop for breakfast.
- Housai Hotel, Koregaon Bhima – Start your road trip with a steaming cup of tea or coffee from Housai Hotel.
Shirdi to Pune Road Conditions Via NH160
The route covers a distance of 210 km within 4 hours and 50 minutes and the road condition is good. This route is preferred as a good alternative that crosses the quaint views and places like Sakori and Wagholi
Shirdi to Pune Best Route
While you can take any of the two routes, we recommend Route 1 Via NH 60. The road conditions are excellent and the time taken is less. However, it is advisable to check live traffic updates before leaving for your trip
How to Reach Pune By Train
Travel time by train between SAINAGAR SHIRDI to Pune is nearly 7 hours. For Shirdi to Pune train booking, you can visit any online travel portal or check the Indian Railways website to get the best deals. For the latest and most accurate information on Shirdi to Pune train timings, always check the timetables of IRCTC before you book.
|11042 – SNSI DR EXP||08:10 PM||02:23 AM||6 hour and 12 minutes|
|11040 – Maharashtra Express||09:50 PM||04:05 AM||6 hour and 15 minutes|
|17630 – NED PUNE EXP||12:02 AM||05:30 AM||5 hour and 28 minutes|
|12150 – DNR PUNE EXP||10:40 PM||04:40 AM||6 hour|
How to Reach Pune By Flight
There are no direct flights from Shirdi to Pune. The nearest airport to Shirdi is the Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport in Mumbai, which is about 185 kilometers from Shirdi. From Mumbai, you can take a flight to Pune. Several airlines operate flights between Mumbai and Pune.
Explore Pune Like a Local: A Handy Guide
The Queen of the Deccan, Pune is the cultural capital of the Marathas and is rich in heritage. It is a shining example of New India which has restored its heritage and embraced modernization to make life better. The weather in Pune is typically tropical with average temperatures ranging between 20 and 28 degrees around the year.
Pune will never cease to amaze you. Every turn reveals a historic structure steeped in history. And, the locals love the history of this interesting town. It is also known as the Education Capital of Maharashtra due to the numerous educational institutes in the city. This gives the place a young and energetic vibe too. Here are some tips and suggestions to help you make the most of your trip to Pune.
Attractions in Pune for Sightseeing
Here are some places in Pune that you must consider visiting:
- Sinhagad Fort for a quick trek
- The largest mall in Pune – the Phoenix Market City
- The National Defense Academy Campus
- ISKCON NVCC Temple
- Sri Balaji Mandir
- Okayama Friendship garden built on the Japanese Garden theme
- Dagadusheth Halwai Ganapati Temple
- Laxmi Road for endless shopping
Savaari recommends – Popular places to eat in Pune
Punekars love their food. This is evident by the range of options available across the city. Here are some food items and the best places to eat them in Pune:
- JJ Garden, Camp – Wada Pav
- Bedekar, Narayan Peth – Misal Pav
- Goodluck Café, Deccan Gymkhana – Kheema Pav
- Baked & Wired, Kalyani Nagar – Cheesy Deep Dish Pizza
- Diamond Bakery, Fatima Nagar – Lemon Tarts
- Kapila, Dhole Patil Road – Kathi Rolls
- Marzorin, Camp – Chutney Sandwich
- Maasa, Mundhwa – Chicken special thali
- Chitale Bandhu, Deccan Gymkhana – Bhakarvadi
- Budhani, Camp – Wafers
- Manna Magic Dosa, Pimpri-Chinchwad – 85 varieties of Dosas
- Café Laileena, Kondhwa – Yemeni cuisine
- Amruteshwar, Erandwane – Midnight snacks
- The Place, Camp – Sizzlers
- Sharma Ice Cream Parlor, Pimpri-Chinchwad – Guava Ice Cream with Chilli Powder
- Paratha House, J.M. Road – Bahubali Thali
Hotels and resorts – Accommodation in Pune
|The Ritz-Carlton||Golf Course Square, Airport Road, Yerwada, 411006 Pune, India|
|Conrad Pune by Hilton||7, Mangaldas Road, Koregaon Park, 411001 Pune, India|
|Vivanta Pune||Xion Complex, Wakad Road, 411057 Pune, India|
|Fort Jadhavgadh Pune||Hadapsar – Saswad – Jejuri Rd, Jadhavwadi, Maharashtra 412301|
|Hotel Sunderban Pune||19, Koregaon Park Next to Osho International Commune, Maharashtra 411001|
Download our savaari car rental app for a smooth and pleasant journey.
- PM Modi inaugurates 520 km Nagpur-Shirdi stretch in phase 1 of Nagpur-Mumbai Samruddhi Expressway
- MSRTC to launch sleeper coach service on Samruddhi expressway on Nagpur-Shirdi, Aurangabad route