Bargarh is a town in the state of Odisha, India, known for its rich cultural heritage and traditional handicrafts. The town is famous for its annual Dhanu Yatra festival, which is the largest open-air theatrical festival in the world. Bargarh is also home to many ancient temples and historical sites. When you book a Raipur car rental with Savaari, the most noteworthy part of it is that you can turn a simple drive into an experiential road trip.
Best time to visit Bargarh by road:
The best time to visit Bargarh by road is from November to February, when the weather is pleasant and comfortable. Avoid going during summer season and monsoon season, as it is difficult to travel by road.
Let us help you discover some of the best routes so your trip from Raipur to Bargarh by road is nothing short of amazing in a Savaari cab.
Popular routes to take from Raipur to reach Bargarh:
There are mainly two popular routes to take from Raipur to reach Bargarh by road.
- Route 1- Raipur to Bragarh Via NH 53: This route covers a distance of approximately 250 km and takes around 5-6 hours to reach Bargarh. You will have to take NH 53 from Raipur towards Bargarh.
- Route 2- Raipur to Bargarh Via SH 6 and NH 353B: This route covers a distance of approximately 270 km and takes around 6-7 hours to reach Bargarh. You will have to take SH 6 from Raipur towards Sambalpur and then take NH 353B towards Bargarh.
Both these routes offer scenic views of the surrounding countryside and are well-maintained.
Places to visit along the route:
- Rajiv Lochan Temple: Located in Rajim, on the NH 53 route, Rajiv Lochan Temple is an ancient Hindu temple known for its mesmerizing architecture and intricate carvings.
- Hirakud Dam: Located near Sambalpur, on the SH 6 and NH 353B route, Hirakud Dam is one of the longest earthen dams in the world. It offers stunning views of the reservoir and is a popular spot for picnics.
- Nrusinghanath Temple: Located near Paikmal, on the NH 53 route, Nrusinghanath Temple is an ancient temple dedicated to Lord Shiva. It is known for its natural beauty and is surrounded by dense forests and hills.
Places to eat along the route:
- Hotel Gurukripa: Located on the NH 53 route, Hotel Gurukripa is a popular restaurant that serves a range of vegetarian and non-vegetarian dishes.
- Dhaba 56 Milestone: Located on the SH 6 and NH 353B route, Dhaba 56 Milestone is a popular roadside eatery that serves a range of Indian snacks and fast food.
- Swastik Restaurant: Located on the NH 53 route, Swastik Restaurant is a popular vegetarian restaurant that serves a range of Indian and Chinese dishes.
Download our Savaari car booking app for a smooth and pleasant journey. Get an exclusive offer on downloading our app.