Bangalore, now Bengaluru, is famously known as the Garden City of India. Once recognised as the country’s IT hub due to its booming tech industry, the city is today a colourful blend of tradition and contemporary vibes. One of the most vibrant cities of South India, Bangalore is a poster city for urban India. With our tips and suggestions, you can take a tour of Bangalore in a unique way and make the most of your travel.
Table of Contents
- Why travel from Shimoga to Bangalore?
- Traveling from Shimoga to Bangalore?
- Best time to take a road trip by car
- How to Reach Bangalore By Train
- How to Reach Bangalore By Flight
- Attractions in Bangalore for Sightseeing
- Savaari recommends – Popular places to eat in Bangalore
- Hotels and resorts – Accommodation in Bangalore
Why travel from Shimoga to Bangalore?
The road from Shimoga to Bangalore passes through some of the most fascinating locales, nature hotspots, and towns of Karnataka. With our completely customizable trip packages, you can stop at any of these places and do some quick sightseeing. The best way to do it is to rent a cab and enjoy this experience. Avail of a Shimoga to Bangalore cab service and enjoy a ride through the changing landscape of the state.
Traveling from Shimoga to Bangalore by Car
A road trip from Shimoga to Bangalore is one of the best ways to travel from the greener locales to the metro. The route between these two places passes through some interesting nature hotspots in the states. By taking a road trip from Shimoga to Bangalore, you will be able to truly experience the changes in people, culture and landscape.
Let us help you discover the best routes so you can plan an exciting trip to Bangalore from Shimoga by road.
Best time to take a road trip from Shimoga to Bangalore by Car
Sitting roughly 1000 feet from the sea and surrounded by the hills of Western Ghats, the city of Bangalore enjoys pleasant weather all year round. The winters are cool and breezy, summers are warm but not humid like most cities in India. Monsoon, however, can be rough and the city experiences heavy rainfall from July to September. So, if you want to experience the best of Bangalore, plan your travel in the dry or colder months.
Let us help you discover the best routes so you can ensure a great time on your Shimoga to Bangalore trip by road.
Route 1: Distance and Time taken from Shimoga to Bangalore via SH 24 and NH 48
This is the best route to travel from Shimoga to Bangalore. Via SH 24 and NH 48, the Shimoga to Bangalore distance is approximately 302 KM and takes about 6 hours to travel. Before you travel, always check for traffic updates and use live maps to get real-time information on Shimoga to Bangalore road conditions.
Here’s a basic Shimoga to Bangalore road map for this route:
|Shimoga — Bhadravathi — Hosadurga — Hiriyur — Tumakuru — Nelamangala Town — Bangalore|
Popular sights/monuments that you will encounter along this route:
- Upper Bhadra Project, Ajjampura – Canal distribution system of the Bhadra River, great for hill views and short treks.
- Vani Vilasa Sagara Dam, off Kattihole – Huge dam site on Vani Vilasa Sagara, with viewing points. Good for a refreshing break and panoramic views.
- Kaggaladu Bird Sanctuary, Kaggaladu – Locally popular natural sanctuary housing several species of avifauna, good for a quick detour and exploring.
- Nijagal Betta, Nijagal – A nature hotspot with views of rolling hills and meadows.
- Nelamangala Town – A rural suburb of Bangalore metro, known for trekking trails and camping grounds.
Places to eat along this route:
- Hotel Grand Shweta, Tarikere – Local diner serving standard north and south Indian dishes, family-friendly, good for groups.
- Gurjeet Punjabi Dhaba, Maranagere – Locally popular family restaurant, serving Punjabi, Dhaba-style food.
- Kamat Upachara, Sira – Standard highway side South Indian restaurant serving home-style food, good for quick stops, family-friendly.
- Pravasi Restaurant, Nelamangala – Small local eatery popular for seafood dishes.
Shimoga to Bangalore Road Condition Via SH 24 and NH 48
This is the shortest, fastest, and the most convenient route to cover the Shimoga to Bangalore by road distance. This is also the only designated route suggested by GPS and live maps. The road conditions are excellent and will make your journey even more pleasant. Do check the live updates of the traffic before leaving.
Other means of traveling from Shimoga to Bangalore
How to Reach Bangalore by Train
You can also cover Shimoga to Bangalore distance by train. There are about 16 trains that run between these two cities weekly, of which 5 are daily trains. The fastest train is the JAN SHATABDI EXPRESS Shimoga to Bangalore, which takes only three hours to reach Bangalore.
For Shimoga to Bangalore train ticket price and booking, you can visit the Indian Railways website or check with any online travel portal to get the best deals. The train time from can vary from three to six hours, depending on which train you take. For the most updated Shimoga to Bangalore train ticket price and timings, always check the latest timetables of IRCTC before booking.
How to Reach Bangalore by Flight
You can also travel from Shimoga to Bangalore by flight. The town is served by Shimoga Airport (IXE), which is roughly a 10-minute drive from the city center. The nearest airport is Bangalore International Airport, 35 km from the city center.
The average Shimoga to Bangalore flight duration is about one to five hours and costs between INR 2000 and 5000. For your flight booking from Shimoga to Bangalore, visit any online travel portal or airline website for the latest deals and information.
You can also take a bus to travel between the two cities. You check the Shimoga to Bangalore bus ticket price online. There are also several state buses running between the two cities. For Shimoga to Bangalore KSRTC bus timings and other information, you can check any travel website.
Attractions in Bangalore for Sightseeing
Apart from beautiful public gardens and parks, the Garden City has a host of other interesting things to see and do.
- Cubbon Park – The biggest patch of greenery of the city, great for walks, jogs, or simply relaxing in the shaded areas.
- Lalbagh Botanical Garden – A public garden housing exotic plants, trees, flowers, along with a museum and an exhibition venue.
- Vidhan Soudha – The city hall with all major government offices, known for its brilliant architecture.
- Ulsoor Lake – The biggest water body of the city, surrounded by ample greenery and jogger’s park.
- Jayachamarajendra Museum & Gallery – A public gallery with a museum, preserving the city’s history and heritage.
- St. Mary’s Basilica – The oldest church of the city, located in the Archdiocese of Bangalore, known for its splendid Gothic architecture with carved arches, ornamental motifs, and stained-glass windows.
Sitting in the heart of South India, flanked by all the states of the region, Bangalore and its vicinity is blessed with endless natural and man-made wonders, making this the perfect starting point for uncountable road trips and places to visit nearby. With wide stretches of national and state highways crisscrossing the state, you can be anywhere, anytime, within a few hours’ drive. Check out the best road trips you can embark on for a quick weekend getaway from Bangalore.
Savaari Recommends – Popular Places to Eat in Bangalore
Being a cosmopolitan metro city, Bangalore’s food culture is influenced by all the communities that have settled in the city for generations, making it a melting pot of various cuisines from home and abroad.
To sample the best of classic and contemporary, Indian and international flavors, explore these places in Bangalore.
- Only Place, Museum Rd, near Post Office, Shanthala Nagar, Ashok Nagar
- Lantern Restaurant, 99, Residency Rd, Shanthala Nagar, Ashok Nagar
- The Hole in the Wall Café, 8th Main Rd, Koramangala 4th Block, Koramangala
- Toit Brewpub, 100 Feet Road, Near Drops Total Spirits, Indiranagar
- Vidyarthi Bhavan, Gandhi Bazaar Main Road
- Arogya Ahaara, HSR Layout 5th Sector
Hotels and Resorts in Bangalore
|Place Name||Address||Phone Number|
|The Leela Palace||23, HAL Old Airport Rd, HAL 2nd Stage, Kodihalli, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560008||080 2521 1234|
|ITC Gardenia-A Luxury Collection Hotel||1, Residency Rd, Ashok Nagar, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560025||080 2211 9898|
|Golden Lotus Boutique Suites||149, Richmond Road, Rathna Avenue, Craig Park Layout, Ashok Nagar, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560025||091486 50149|
|Eagleton The Golf Resort||off Bangalore – Mysore Highway, Shyanamangala Cross, Bidadi, Bengaluru, Karnataka 562109||080 2263 2222|
|Vivanta Bengaluru||66, Residency Rd, Ashok Nagar, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560025||080666 04545|
Download our savaari car rental app for a smooth and pleasant journey.