Mumbai, also known as Bombay, is a bustling city located on the west coast of India. Capital city of the state of Maharashtra and is often referred to as the financial capital of India. It is a city of contrasts, where towering skyscrapers coexist with colonial-era buildings, and where the glamorous world of Bollywood meets the gritty reality of the slums. Mumbai is famous for its street food, shopping, nightlife, and the iconic landmarks such as the Gateway of India, Marine Drive, and the Elephanta Caves. The city is also known for its entrepreneurial spirit, with several businesses and startups based here. Book Thane car rental with Savaari and get the best experience of your trip.
Best Time to Visit Mumbai by Road:
The best time to visit Mumbai by road is during the winter season, from November to February. The weather during this time is pleasant, with temperatures ranging from 15°C to 30°C, making it ideal for outdoor activities.
You can also directly hire a cab from Thane to Mumbai to make most out of your journey.
Popular Route to take from Thane to Reach Mumbai :
There are several popular routes to travel from Thane to reach Mumbai by road, some of which are:
- Route 1- Thane to Mumbai Via Eastern Express Highway: This is the most popular and fastest route, which covers a distance of approximately 25 kilometers.
- Route 2- Thane to Mumbai Via LBS Road and Sion-Panvel Expressway: This route covers a distance of approximately 28 kilometers.
- Route 3- Thane to Mumbai Via Ghodbunder Road and Western Express Highway: This route covers a distance of approximately 32 kilometers.
The choice of route may depend on various factors such as time, distance, traffic conditions, and personal preferences. It is advisable to check the latest road conditions and plan the journey accordingly.
Places to Visit Along the Route:
- Sanjay Gandhi National Park: Located on the outskirts of Mumbai, the Sanjay Gandhi National Park is a popular tourist attraction. It is home to several species of wildlife, including leopards, deer, and monkeys. Visitors can enjoy trekking, cycling, and wildlife safaris in the park.
- R City Mall: Located in Ghatkopar, the R City Mall is a popular shopping destination.
- Bandra-Worli Sea Link: The Bandra-Worli Sea Link is an iconic bridge that connects the western suburbs of Mumbai to the southern part of the city. The bridge offers panoramic views of the Arabian Sea and is a popular spot for photography.
Places to Eat Along the Route:
- Guru Kripa: Guru Kripa is a famous eatery that is known for its vada pav, a popular street food in Mumbai.
- Jimmy Boy: Located in Fort, Jimmy Boy is a popular restaurant that serves authentic Parsi cuisine, including dhansak, patra ni machhi, and berry pulao.
- Shiv Sagar: Located in Mulund, Shiv Sagar is a popular restaurant that serves vegetarian North Indian and Chinese cuisine.
In conclusion, a road trip from Thane to Mumbai can be an enjoyable experience, especially if you take the time to explore the places along the route. From national parks to shopping malls, there is something for everyone to enjoy. And, of course, the food along the way is sure to tantalize your taste buds.
Download our Savaari car Booking app for a smooth and pleasant journey.