Bangalore – a city that was once recognized by its tech industry, is now a colorful collage of cultures and businesses, making the Silicon Valley of India the most vibrant metro city of the south. An IT hub, Bangalore is one of the poster cities for urban India.
Table of Contents
- Why travel from Tirupati to Bangalore?
- Traveling from Tirupati to Bangalore by car
- Best Time To Visit
- How to Reach Bangalore By Train
- How to Reach Bangalore By Flight
- Places to eat along this route
- Other means of traveling
- Attractions in Bangalore for Sightseeing
- Savaari recommends – Popular places to eat in Bangalore
- Hotels and Resorts – Accommodation in Bangalore
Why travel from Tirupati to Bangalore?
Bangalore, now Bengaluru, is famously known as the Garden City of India. A city that was once recognized by its tech industry, is now a colorful collage of cultures and businesses, making the Silicon Valley of India the most vibrant metro city of the south. An IT hub, Bangalore is one of the poster cities for urban India.
Bangalore is vibrant and has much to offer including gardens, temples, monuments, museums, pubs and great nightlife. When you take a road trip from Tirupati to Bangalore, you can enhance your experience by enjoying everything that lies on the way. With a Savaari, you can turn your drive into a fun-filled journey and also customize the trip to your liking, travel time, and budget.
Traveling from Tirupati to Bangalore by Car
A trip to Bangalore from Tirupati by car is certainly one of the best ways to explore this route. The road from Tirupati to Bangalore passes through small towns and villages of southern Andhra Pradesh and Karnataka. Along the way, you will also come across some popular tourist locales and pilgrim sites, where you can stop for sightseeing. With our completely customizable Tirupati to Bangalore trip packages, you can stop at any of these places and do a quick sightseeing. Let us help you discover the best routes to travel from Tirupati to Bangalore by car.
Best Time To Visit
Sitting roughly 1000 feet from the sea and surrounded by the hills of Western Ghats, the city of Bangalore enjoys pleasant weather all year round. The winters are cool and breezy, summers are warm but not humid like most cities in India. Monsoon, however, can be rough and the city experiences heavy rainfall from July to September. So, if you want to experience the best of Bangalore, plan your travel in the dry or colder months.
Popular Routes from Tirupati to Bangalore
This is the shortest and the best route to travel between Tirupati and Bangalore. It is also the fastest, because the Tirupati and Bangalore traffic on this route is regular and there are no road closures. The distance between Tirupati and Bangalore on this route is somewhere around 254 KM and takes about 5 hours. Always check live maps and instant traffic updates for the latest information on Tirupati and Bangalore road conditions.
|Tirupati – Pakala – Chittoor – Palamaner – Kolar – Bangalore
Popular places along the way:
- Talakona Waterfalls, Chittoor – An important biosphere reserve of the state, the waterfall, and its surrounding area is popular for treks, picnics, as well as outdoor adventures.
- Chandragiri Fort, Chittoor – You can take a detour from the highway towards Chittoor and stop by the iconic fort of Chandragiri. While you are here, you can also visit the ancient Srikalahasti Temple, known for its colorful and exquisite architecture.
- Anthara Gange, Kolar – The boulder-covered mountain peak with naturally-formed caves is a popular trekking spot as well as a pilgrimage site. You can hike through the hills and enjoy the views from the top or you could also visit the temples submerged in the adjoining water bodies. The freshwater pools are fed by an underground network of rivers, which is said to be as pure as the Ganges. Hence the site is also referred to as Dakshina Kashi.
Places to eat on this route:
- VVR Anand Bhavan Pure Veg. Restaurant, Sonnavadi – Another popular highway eatery serving classic vegetarian south Indian fare.
- Rudra’s Andhra & Kerala Family Restaurant, Kolar – Local restaurant serving traditional Andhra and Malabari food, good for families and big groups.
- Nandini Grand, Hoskote – Tourist-favorite highway side eatery serving multi-cuisine food, good for late-night grubs.
Other means of traveling
You can also travel from Tirupati to Bangalore via train. There are a total of 33 trains that ply between these two cities. Of which 11 trains run daily. The fastest train is YESVANTPUR – HOWRAH AC SF EXPRESS (22864).
Therefore, to book your train from Tirupati to Bangalore, you can visit the website of Indian Railways or any online travel portal, for the best deals. The total time taken from Tirupati to Bangalore can vary between six to 12 hours, depending on the train route. However, for updated Tirupati to Bangalore train ticket price, timings, check IRCTC’s latest timetables.
Another way of traveling from Tirupati to Bangalore is via flights. There are multiple flights available daily. The nearest airport in Tirupati is Tirupati Airport (TIR), which is roughly 40 KM from the temple site. The nearest airport is Bangalore International Airport, 35 km from the city center.
The time taken by flight can vary between one to eight hours depending upon the airline you choose. You can, therefore, visit the website of any airline for flight booking or visit any online travel portal for the best deals.
A flight ticket from Tirupati to Bangalore can cost you anywhere between INR 2500 to INR 7000 depending upon factors such as the travel season, airline, available deals, and booking window. You can hire a reliable Bangalore airport taxi for a convenient ride to your hotel in the city.
Attractions for Sightseeing in Bangalore
Apart from beautiful public gardens and parks, the Garden City has a host of other interesting things to see and do.
- Cubbon Park – The biggest patch of greenery of the city, great for walks, jogs, or simply relaxing in the shaded areas.
- Lalbagh Botanical Garden – A public garden housing exotic plants, trees, flowers, along with a museum and an exhibition venue.
- Vidhan Soudha – The city hall with all major government offices, known for its brilliant architecture.
- Ulsoor Lake – the biggest water body of the city, surrounded by ample greenery and jogger’s park.
- Jayachamarajendra Museum & Gallery – A public gallery with a museum, preserving the city’s history and heritage.
- St. Mary’s Basilica – The oldest church of the city, located in the Archdiocese of Bangalore, known for its splendid Gothic architecture with carved arches, ornamental motifs, and stained-glass windows.
Sitting in the heart of South India, flanked by all the states of the region, Bangalore and its vicinity is blessed with endless natural and man-made wonders, making this the perfect starting point for uncountable road trips and places to visit nearby. With wide stretches of national and state highways crisscrossing the state, you can be anywhere, anytime, within a few hours’ drive. Check out the best road trips you can embark on for a quick weekend getaway from Bangalore.
Savaari recommends – Popular places to eat in Bangalore
Being a cosmopolitan metro city, Bangalore’s food culture is influenced by all the communities that have settled in the city for generations, making it a melting pot of various cuisines from home and abroad.
To sample the best of classic and contemporary, Indian and international flavors, explore these places in Bangalore.
- Only Place, Museum Rd, near Post Office, Shanthala Nagar, Ashok Nagar
- Lantern Restaurant, 99, Residency Rd, Shanthala Nagar, Ashok Nagar
- The Hole in the Wall Café, 8th Main Rd, Koramangala 4th Block, Koramangala
- Toit Brewpub, 100 Feet Road, Near-Drops Total Spirits, Indiranagar
- Vidyarthi Bhavan, Gandhi Bazaar Main Road
- Arogya Ahaara, HSR Layout 5th Sector
Hotels and Resorts in Bangalore
|The Leela Palace||23, HAL Old Airport Rd, HAL 2nd Stage, Kodihalli, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560008||080 2521 1234|
|ITC Gardenia-A Luxury Collection Hotel||1, Residency Rd, Ashok Nagar, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560025||080 2211 9898|
|Golden Lotus Boutique Suites||149, Richmond Road, Rathna Avenue, Craig Park Layout, Ashok Nagar, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560025||091486 50149|
|Eagleton The Golf Resort||Off Bangalore – Mysore Highway, Shyanamangala Cross, Bidadi, Bengaluru, Karnataka 562109||080 2263 2222|
|Vivanta Bengaluru||66, Residency Rd, Ashok Nagar, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560025||080 666 04545|