A heartwarming note of “Muskuraiyein, kyunki aap Lucknow mein hai”, welcomes you to the land of architecture, culture, poetry, food and kebabs. Situated on the banks of the River Gomti, Lucknow is one of the biggest cities in Uttar Pradesh and the erstwhile hot seat of the Mughal dynasty. Often called the city of nawabs and kebabs, Lucknow is the artistic hub of the Awadh region and home to some of the most beautiful monuments in the country.
With our customizable trip plans and itineraries, you can do more than just a regular road trip from Allahabad to Lucknow, and enjoy a comfortable ride, while making your journey interesting at the same time.
Table of Contents
- Why travel from Allahabad to Lucknow?
- Traveling from Allahabad to Lucknow by car
- Best time travel to Lucknow
- Popular Roadtrip Routes from Allahabad to Lucknow
- Best Roadtrip Route from Allahabad to Lucknow
- How to Reach Lucknow By Train
- How to Reach Lucknow By Flight
- Attractions in Lucknow for Sightseeing
- Savaari recommends – Popular places to eat in Lucknow
- Hotels and resorts – Accommodation in Lucknow
Why travel from Allahabad to Lucknow?
The roads connecting Allahabad to Lucknow are smooth, and this has helped connect the two cities as well as other major cities of Uttar Pradesh. Lucknow is one of the most visited cities because of its food, people, the vibrant culture, etc. People from all over visit the city to admire its beauty and to get a taste of its royal culture. The city’s rich history has been kept alive for more than a thousand years through the monuments that stand tall to this day.
Use this ready-made guide from Savaari when you take a road trip from Allahabad to Lucknow. We will take you through a gorgeous route with breathtaking monuments, hidden gems, and eateries enroute.
Traveling from Allahabad to Lucknow by road
From the ancient town to the beautiful city, the road from Allahabad to Lucknow is dotted with several nature hotspots, historical monuments, interesting viewing points, and more. Hence, a road trip from Allahabad to Lucknow is one of the best ways to travel between these two destinations. Make your Allahabad to Lucknow trip memorable by booking a car rental in Lucknow and explore the city at your own pace! Let us help you discover the best routes so you can plan an exciting trip from Allahabad to Lucknow by road.
Experience the joy of being on the road by booking a Savaari cab from Allahabad to Lucknow.
Best time to take a road trip from Allahabad to Lucknow
The best time to take a road trip from Allahabad to Lucknow is between October and March. The weather is ideal as well as suitable for local sightseeing in Lucknow. Summers in Lucknow should be avoided because the temperatures are extremely unpleasant for any kind of day tours. July to September is also a good time to visit but rains might be a little hindrance and could delay your local sightseeing plans.
Popular Routes from Allahabad to Lucknow
Route 1: Allahabad to Lucknow Via Piro-Jagdishpur Road
The Allahabad to Lucknow distance is approximately 201 KM and takes nearly 4 hours and 30 minutes to travel. You can most probably expect regular Allahabad to Lucknow traffic, but certainly no severe congestion. Before you travel, always check for traffic updates and use live maps to get real-time information on Allahabad to Lucknow road conditions.
Here’s a basic Allahabad to Lucknow road map for this route:
|Allahabad — Kunda — Unchahar — Raebareli — Mohanlalganj — Lucknow|
Popular places to visit on this route:
- Bharat Mata Temple, Raebareli – Ever heard of a temple where the presiding deity is the map of India? Well, India never fails to amaze us. This temple, located in the heart of the city, was built back in the day when India was fighting, struggling and craving for its independence. Various Bharat Mata temples were built in different corners of India to infuse the spirit of patriotism. The temple is also a great place to catch a breath of fresh air.
- Samaspur Bird Sanctuary, Raebareli – The sanctuary is a haven of peace and provides a welcome respite from the hustle and bustle of Raebareli. With more than 250 species of birds, both resident and migrant, the sanctuary is a major birding destination in Uttar Pradesh.
- Diamond Aqua Park, Mohanganj – For a little fun and adventure, this is an ideal place to take a break. Diamond Aqua Park offers amazing water slides, with an extravagant wave pool, and a lavish rain floor. It also has a wide parking area, restaurants, and rooms to stay overnight.
- Ganga Aquarium, Lucknow – A small detour will help you reach this place. It is one of the most interesting places to visit in Lucknow. The aquariums have been on display with more than 100 amazing fish species procured from different parts of the world including a good number of them from India. This place is sure to make you curious about the underwater world.
Popular places to eat along the way:
- Mama Dhaba, Phaphamau – Open 24 hours, this restaurant perfectly describes dhaba food for all of us. Their chicken and mutton curries are quite a hit among travelers.
- Batohi Sweets and Restaurant, Khojanpur – Pack some delicious sweets for the road trip here.
- S. S Restaurant and Dhaba, Khairhani – A decent alternative in case you don’t get a table in Divyanshi Dhaba. Their outdoor seating makes this place quite pleasant to enjoy a meal with friends and family.
- Divyanshi Dhaba, Raebareli – Their good food, quick service and late night service all add to the popularity. Stop here for a wholesome meal.
- Chawanni Chat, Bairisalpur Road – It is impossible to be traveling through the length and breadth of Uttar Pradesh and not sampling the chats from the local stores. Chawanni Chat is apparently one of your best options on this route. Their Google reviews are rave.
Allahabad to Lucknow Road Condition Via Piro-Jagdishpur Road
This is the shortest, fastest, and most convenient route to cover Allahabad to Lucknow by road distance. Most tourists and frequent travelers use this route since the traffic is also not heavy on this highway.
Route 2: Allahabad to Lucknow via NH 31 and Lucknow Road
The Allahabad to Lucknow distance is approximately 225 KM and takes less than 5 hours to travel. Before you travel, always check for traffic updates and use live maps to get real-time information on Allahabad to Lucknow road conditions.
Here’s a basic Allahabad to Lucknow road map for this route:
|Allahabad — Phaphamau — Mohanganj — Lilapur — Salon — Raebareli — Mohanlalganj — Lucknow|
Popular sights/monuments that you will encounter along this route:
- Ghusmeshwar Nath Dham, Lalganj Ajhara – This is a historical pilgrim destination. The rare kareel tree found near the dham finds mention in the Ramcharitmanas written by Goswami Tulsidas. The temple attracts hordes of devotees throughout the year who come here to worship and take a purifying dip in the river.
- Behta Bridge, Raebareli – This would be a great stop to relax amidst the most pristine surroundings in Raebareli. The calm and peace of Behta Bridge would certainly relax you for the journey ahead.
Places to eat along the way:
- Rajwada Restaurant, Prayagraj – A clean, hygienic restaurant, good for friends and families is your perfect stop for a wholesome meal.
- Verka Milk, Chak Mirza Patti – This is one of the most famous places in the vicinity for a tumbler of hot milk. The milk served here is fresh and of good quality. From Kesar Dudh to Malai Dudh, you get every kind of milk and milk product here.
- Yadav Dhaba and Tea Stall, Rajapur Mafi – Open till late hours in the night, stop here to grab a cup of tea with snacks.
- New Somu da Dhaba, Raebareli – This multi-cuisine restaurant has everything from snacks to a three-course meal. Try their chole khasta and aloo tikki for sure if you stop here.
- Dosa Plaza, Raebareli – This clean and hygienic South Indian restaurant is a great place to grab a breakfast of idli and piping hot sambar.
Allahabad to Lucknow Road Condition via NH 31 and Lucknow Road
This route via NH 31 and Lucknow Road is longer and takes more time to cover the Allahabad to Lucknow distance. It has tolls.
Allahabad to Lucknow Best Route
While you can take any of the two routes, we recommend Route 1 Via Piro-Jagdishpur Road. The road conditions are excellent and the time taken is less. However, it is advisable to check live traffic updates before leaving for your trip.
Other means of traveling from Allahabad to Lucknow
You can also cover the Allahabad to Lucknow distance by train, which is available daily. There are around 17 trains that ply between Allahabad to Lucknow, of which 6 ply daily. So you can visit the Indian Railways website for your Allahabad to Lucknow train bookings, or choose your options from the multiple online portals.
The fastest train is Vindhyachal-Lucknow intercity. The total time taken from Allahabad to Lucknow can vary from 3 to 6 hours, depending upon the train you choose. Therefore, for the updated Allahabad to Lucknow train timings, check with IRCTC for their latest timetables.
You can also fly from Allahabad to Lucknow. There is 1 direct flight between these two cities daily. The nearest airport in Allahabad is Bamrauli Airport which is 12 km from the city center; the nearest airport in Lucknow is Chaudhary Charan Singh International Airport, which is about 12 KM from the city centre.
The average Allahabad to Lucknow direct flight duration is 1 hour 5 minutes and usually costs between Rs 1200 to 4000 depending on the airline, flight route, booking window, available deals, and the travel season. For your Allahabad to Lucknow flight booking, visit any online travel portal or check with the airlines’ direct website. You can hire a reliable Lucknow airport taxi for a convenient ride to your hotel in the city.
Explore Lucknow like a local – A handy travel guide
Built back in the 18th Century, Lucknow was constructed by the fourth Nawab of Awadh and is a wonderful reminder of a forgotten time. There is much to see and visit in Lucknow that it is important you plan your day tours way in advance. With Savaari’s handy guide to exploring the city of Nawabs, be rest assured to take home only the best experience.
Attractions in Lucknow for Sightseeing
- Bada Imambara – Standing tall since 1784, the beauty of Bada Imambara will amaze you along with its gigantic size. An important place of worship for the Muslims, the mosque receives thousands of devotees during the festival of Muharram. The central hall in Bada Imambara is said to be about 50 meters long, thus making it the largest arched hall in the world as well as an unsupported structure. Do visit the Asifi Mosque and Shahi Bauli.
- Chota Imambara – Only 1.5 km from Bada Imambara, Chota Imambara is a 19th Century structure that delights every visitor with colourful lamps, chandeliers, and a mosaic of green patterns. You can also find the tomb of Muhammad Ali Shah and that of his family members inside the monument.
- Hazratganj – Hazratganj is a renowned attraction situated in the heart of the city. The place has a number of coffee shops and fine dining restaurants like Royal Cafe, Jone Hing, and Chedilal. You can also find the popular Paanch Pani Ke Bataashe here which should not be missed when in Lucknow.
- Chowk – This place is quite a hit among shoppers and foodies. Chowk is popular for its divine Makhan Malai and Rahim’s Nahari kulcha. It is here that you will find the popular embroidered Chikan Garments, a fine collection of itar, traditional and modern ornaments, antiques, etc. This place is also the best corner to buy handicrafts and if you happen to make it to the Golden Darwaja area, do check out other beautifully handcrafted products like knives, lampshades, ivory shirt pins, Nagra shoes, and chappals.
Places to eat in Lucknow
- Rahim’s Kulcha Nahari – Tunday Kebabs and Nahari Kulcha
- Rati Lal’s Khasta Kachori – Poori and Chickpea sabzi
- Prakash ki Kulfi – Falooda Kulfi
- Sharma Tea Stall – Bun Makhan with Masala Chai
- Jain Chat Wala -Dahi Batashe and Aloo Tikki
- Makhan Malai Chowk -Makhan Malai
- Chowk – Chole Bhature
- Gomti Nagar – Chaat and Street food
- Wahid’s Biryani – Awadhi Biryani
- Raja Thandai – Thandai
- Idris ki Biryani – Nawabi Biryani
Hotels and Resorts – Accommodation in Lucknow
|Hotel Name||Address||Phone No.|
|Hotel Deep Palace||Cantonment Rd Opp Irrigation Office Burlington Chauraha, Udaiganj, Husainganj, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh 226001||0522 223 6738|
|Hotel Olive Tree||169, 92/147, Gautam Buddha Marg, Ganeshganj, Aminabad, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh 226018||095198 22227|
|Scorpio Club Water Park and Resort||Woodland Garden, Off, Kursi Rd, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh 206026||088742 02471|
|Radisson Lucknow ||24, Cantonment Rd, Kaiserbagh Officer’s Colony, Husainganj, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh 226001||0522 429 9999|
|Lebua Lucknow, Saraca Estate||19, Sarva Palli, Saraca Estate, The Mall Avenue, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh 226001||0522 223 8333|