Delhi is a dream. It is everything at once – chaotic, serene, beautiful, and grand. From the rich history to the vibrant thriving urban life, there is nothing that Delhi cannot afford. There is something for every kind of traveller here. Whether you are a history buff, foodie, shopaholic, night owl, Delhi will spoil you with the choices.
With our customizable trip plans and itineraries, you can do more than just a regular road trip from Lucknow to Delhi, and enjoy a comfortable ride, while making your journey interesting at the same time. To ensure a stress-free and memorable trip to Lucknow from Delhi, Consider hiring a car in Lucknow with a driver and enjoy the sights and sounds of the city without the hassle of navigating on your own.
Table of Contents
Why travel from Lucknow to Delhi?
By driving from Lucknow to Delhi, you can explore the historical sites, traditional and modern culture, and scenic surroundings of the city. And by booking a Delhi cab with Savaari, you also get the chance to customize your whole trip , including the itinerary, so you can make it an incredible travel experience!
Travelling from Lucknow to Delhi by Car
From the ancient town to the capital city, the road from Lucknow to Delhi is dotted with several nature hotspots, historical monuments, interesting viewing points, and more. Hence, a road trip from Lucknow to Delhi is one of the best ways to travel between these two destinations. With our completely customizable Lucknow to Delhi trip packages, you can stop at any of these places and do quick sightseeing. Let us help you discover the best routes so you can plan an exciting trip from Lucknow to Delhi by road.
Thus, experience the joy of being on the road by booking a Lucknow cab from Savaari.
Best time to take a road trip from Lucknow to Delhi by car
November to March is the best time to visit Lucknow to Delhi by car. The weather is pleasant around this time of the year. Avoid travelling in summers because Delhi tends to get extremely hot from April to September. The ruthless heat and unbearably hot temperatures are best avoided, for Delhi is a place that deserves all of your time and certainly all of your attention. Let us help you discover some routes which can take you to Delhi from Lucknow and back, and also help you discover popular places along the way.
Popular Routes from Lucknow to Delhi
Route: Lucknow to Delhi via Taj Express Highway
The Lucknow to Delhi distance is approximately 535 KM and takes nearly 7 hours and 30 minutes to travel. You can most probably expect regular Lucknow to Delhi traffic, but certainly no severe congestion. Before you travel, always check for traffic updates and use live maps to get real-time information on Lucknow to Delhi road conditions.
Here’s a basic Lucknow to Delhi road map for this route:
|Lucknow -> Agra -> Mathura-> Vrindavan-> Faridabad-> Noida-> Delhi
Popular sights/monuments that you will encounter along this route:
- Taj Mahal, Agra – Probably the biggest highlight of your road trip, Taj Mahal is one of the world’s seven wonders. Hence is it absolutely necessary to stop here and admire the gorgeous monument adorning the land of Agra.
- Kusum Sarovar, Mathura – Visit Kusum Sarovar for the evening aarti. This is quite a famous attraction among photography buffs.
- ISKCON Temple, Vrindavan – One of the most beautiful temples in Vrindavan, Hare Rama Hare Krishna temple is a place to experience peace and tranquility in the midst of a chaotic city.
- Keshi Ghat, Vrindavan – Watch the most beautiful sunset at Keshi Ghat which is situated on the banks of the River Yamuna.
- Forts of Pawai, Mali and Chandangarh – Belonging to the migrants from Rajasthan during the medieval period, the forts of Pawai are the major attractions for archaeology and photography buffs.
- Raja Nahar Singh Palace – About 15 km before South Delhi, Raja Nahar Singh Palace is an enormous palace with huge arches, beautifully embellished rooms and magnificent courtyards.
- Badkhal Lake, Faridabad – The lake is nestled in the Aravalli Hills, and therefore, should be visited for the scenic beauty it is surrounded with.
Places to eat along this route:
- Radha Rani Tea Stall – The best masala tea on the highway. They’re known to add a particularly lavish amount of spices to their tea.
- Express Plaza – A clean, well-maintained food court. Ideal for a short break to stock up on snacks and water bottles.
- Magic Food Zone – Craving something sweet? They serve the best moong dal barfi.
- Hie Five Dhaba – The palak paneer and lachha paratha here are a must-try.
- Slice of Italy – Open from 10 am till the late hours of the night, Slice of Italy is a famous highway stop that takes care of your pizza cravings.
- Highway Masala – Stop here for breakfast. Chole Bhature and Masala Chai are their signature dishes.
Lucknow to Delhi Road Condition Via Taj Express Highway
This is the shortest, fastest, and most convenient route to cover Lucknow to Delhi by road distance. It is one of the best expressways in the country with excellent road conditions! Most tourists and frequent travellers use this route since the traffic is also not heavy on this highway.
Other means of traveling from Lucknow to Delhi
You can also travel from Lucknow to Delhi by train or flight.
How to Reach Delhi By Train
You can also cover the Lucknow to Delhi distance by train, which is available daily. There are around 51 trains that ply between Lucknow and Delhi, of which 16 ply daily. So you can visit the Indian Railways website for your Lucknow to Delhi train bookings, or choose your options from the multiple online portals.
The fastest train is Tejas Express (12003). The total time taken from Lucknow to Delhi can vary from 6 to 8 hours, depending upon the train you choose. Therefore, for the updated Lucknow to Delhi train timings, check with IRCTC for their latest timetables.
How to Reach Delhi By Flight
You can also fly from Lucknow to Delhi. There are over 30 direct flights between these two cities daily. The nearest airport in Lucknow is Chaudhary Charan Singh International Airport, which is about 12 KM from the city centre; the nearest airport in Delhi is Indira Gandhi International airport which is 20 km from the city center.
The average Lucknow to Delhi direct flight duration is 1 hour 5 minutes and usually costs between Rs 1200 to 4000 depending on the airline, flight route, booking window, available deals, and the travel season. For your Lucknow to Delhi flight booking, visit any online travel portal or check with the airlines’ direct website. You can hire a reliable Delhi airport taxi for a convenient ride to your hotel in the city
Attractions in Delhi for Sightseeing
Delhi is a city offering glimpses of its culturally rich past as well as the thriving present. It is also a city where you can see an impeccable blend of traditional and modern. It is home to three World Heritage Monuments – Qutub Minar, Red Fort, and Humayun’s Tomb. From malls to restaurants, temples to mosques, international brand outlets to local haats (markets), Delhi has surely something to offer to every kind of traveler. There are endless possibilities for long vacations or quick weekend getaways from Delhi, every few hundred miles. Check out the best road trips you can embark on for a quick weekend getaway from Delhi.
- Take some time out to explore the busy lanes of Chandni Chowk. Sample the street food here. It is one of the best in India. This place is also known among shoppers of all kinds.
- Visit the historical monuments here. They are the face of Delhi. The Red Fort, Jama Masjid, Humayun’s Tomb, Qutub Minar and Purana Qila take you back in time.
- Other equally interesting places you must include in your itinerary are Rashtrapati Bhawan on Raisina Hill, the Rajpath, and the India Gate. The best time to visit these monuments is in the evening when the buildings are lit up beautifully.
- Savour the peace and serenity at Bangla Sahib and Gurudwara Sis Ganj Sahib.
- Try the umpteen number of cafes and restaurants at Hauz Khas Village.
- Shop till you drop at Khan Market. It is a shopper’s paradise.
- Popularly known as CP among locals, Rajiv Chowk is another place famous for good food and shopping.
Savaari recommends – Popular places to eat in Delhi
- For the best Chole Bhature – Chache di Hatti (Kamla Nagar), Sitaram Diwan Chand Paharganj), Kakke di Hatti (Chandni Chowk)
- Best chaat – Atul Chaat (Rajouri Garden), Natraj Dahi Bhalle Wala (Chandni Chowk), Bishan Swaroop Chat Corner (Chandni Chowk), Ashok Chaat Bhandar (Chawri Bazaar), Daulat ki Chaat (Chandni Chowk),
- Sweets – Juneja (Amar Colony), Chaina Ram Sindhi Confectioners (Chandni Chowk), Bengali Sweet House (Mandi House)
- Kulfi – Roshan di Kulfi (Karol Bagh), Kakke di Hatti (Chandni Chowk), Kuremal (Chawri Bazaar), Siya Ram Nannumal (Ajmeri Gate), Ravi Raj di Kulfi (Karol Bagh), Jain Kulfi Bhandar (Shahdara)
- Aloo Puri – Shyam Sweets, Gopal foods, Gujarat Bhawan restaurants, Bille di Hatti, Chaina Ram Sindhi confectioners
Hotels and Resorts – Accommodation in Delhi
|Hotel Name||Address||Phone Number|
|Hotel Picasso Prive||Plot No. A-14, Near Audi Showroom, Naraina Vihar, Delhi, 110028||011 4505 3330|
|The Manor Hotel||77, Mathura Rd, Friends Colony West, New Delhi, Delhi 110065||011 4687 7777|
|Hotel Surya Grand||No.J-14, Community Center, Rajouri Garden, Block J, Block V, Subhash Nagar, New, New Delhi, Delhi 110027||011 2546 7800|
|Hotel Broadway||4/15A, Asaf Ali Rd, Chatta lal Miya, Chandni Mahal, Chandni Chowk, New Delhi, Delhi 110002||011 4366 3600|
|The Ashok Hotel||50-B Central Bank Of India, Diplomatic Enclave, Chanakyapuri, New Delhi, Delhi 110021||011 2611 0101|
Things to Keep in Mind While Traveling to Delhi
- Delhi is a central location for many treks and camping tours in North India. You can use the city as a base and go for treks.
- Always wear a mask in public places in Delhi, the state-government has imposed a fine for not following Covid-rules.
- Check for current curfew hours at night.
- Pandemic rules may affect visiting hours of tourist sites and restaurants. Check online or call before you visit.
Savaari Safety Tips for Road Trips from Lucknow to Delhi
- Carry all hygiene related items – sanitizer, masks, disinfectant sprays and a bed sheet to cover the seat with, while traveling.
- Use a hand sanitizer before and after your ride.
- Install the Aarogya Setu app before your trip.
- Running the AC continuously during the trip is not recommended. If you were to use the AC, please ensure that it is run in the recirculated mode and the windows are lowered at frequent intervals.
- Dispose of any tissues or pieces of cloth that you may have used outside the car.
- If you have opted for a car rental service, try to load your luggage in the boot of the car yourself to ensure a zero-contact ride.
- Maintain a safe distance between yourself and the driver.
- Download our savaari car rental app for a smooth and pleasant journey.
Download our Savaari cab Booking app for a smooth and pleasant journey.