Bangalore – a city that was once recognized by its tech industry, is now a colourful collage of cultures and businesses, making the Silicon Valley of India the most vibrant metro city in the south. An IT hub, Bangalore is one of the poster cities for urban India.
Table of Contents
- Why Travel from Gokarna to Bangalore
- Traveling from Gokarna to Bangalore by Car
- Best Time To Visit
- Popular Routes from Gokarna to Bangalore
- Gokarna to Bangalore Best Route
- How to Reach Bangalore By Train
- How to Reach Bangalore By Flight
- Attractions in Bangalore for Sightseeing
- Savaari Recommends – Popular Places to Eat in Bangalore
- Hotels and resorts – Accommodation in Bangalore
Why Travel from Gokarna to Bangalore
Bangalore, now Bengaluru is famously known as the Garden City of India. Being the Silicon Valley of India, it is a melting pot of culture and has the perfect blend of heritage and modernisation.
Bangalore is vibrant and has much to offer including gardens, temples, monuments, museums, pubs and great nightlife. When you book a cab from Gokarna to Bangalore, you can enhance your experience by enjoying everything that lies on the way. With a Savaari, you can turn your drive into a fun-filled journey and also customize the trip to your liking, travel time, and budget.
Traveling from Gokarna to Bangalore by Car
The route from Gokarna to Bangalore goes through the lushest part of northern Karnataka and is one of the most popular drives in the state. You can enjoy the drive through the scenic landscape, and enjoy the greenery and famous nature spots. Along the way, you will pass through some popular tourist locales where you can make a stop and add some adventure to the trip. One of the best ways to travel to Bangalore is by availing the services of a car rentals in Gokarna.
Quick Facts about Gokarna to Bangalore
|Road Distance from Gokarna to Bangalore||488 kms|
|Aerial Distance from Gokarna to Bangalore||395 kms|
|Travel Time for Gokarna to Bangalore by car||9 hours|
|Travel Time for Gokarna to Bangalore by train||16 hours 30 minutes|
|Travel Time for Gokarna to Bangalore by bus||9 hours|
|Travel Time for Gokarna to Bangalore by flight||1 hours|
|Best Routes||Gokarna to Bangalore via NH48|
|||Gokarna to Bangalore via Bangalore- Shivamogga Road & NH69|
|Best time to visit||October – February|
Best Time To Visit
Sitting roughly 1000 feet from the sea and surrounded by the hills of the Western Ghats, the city of Bangalore enjoys pleasant weather all year round. The winters are cool and breezy, summers are warm but not humid like most cities in India. Monsoon, however, can be rough and the city experiences heavy rainfall from July to September. So, if you want to experience the best of Bangalore, plan your travel in the dry or colder months.
Popular Routes from Gokarna to Bangalore
Route 1: Distance and Time taken from Gokarna to Bangalore via NH48
The Gokarna to Bangalore distance by road is nearly 500 KM and takes about nine and a half hours to travel. This route has tolls and there might be some Gokarna to Bangalore traffic due to road work. The route is dotted with lush greenery and you will also encounter waterfalls on the way that will make your trip pleasant. But for the best information on Gokarna on Bangalore road conditions, always check for real-time traffic updates and follow live maps.
Popular sights/monuments that you will encounter along this route
- Mirjan Fort, Mirjan – Take a tour of this historical site with ruins of an old fort, just before reaching Gokarna town.
- Benne Hole Falls, Hebre – Stop by this natural waterfall cutting through hills and forests, for a refreshing break, walk through the woods, or simply for great views.
- Chitradurga Fort, Chitradurga – Make a quick detour to this historical hill fortress with carvings and remarkable natural sandstone formations.
- Nijagal Betta, Nijagal – This short stretch of rolling sandstone hills surrounded by grasslands offers great views and a good break from the long drive.
Places to eat along this route
- Five Star Chicken, Sirsi – Statewide famous fast food joint serving fried chicken and on-the-go meals, good for quick stops
- Reddy Military Hotel, Chitradurga – Highway side cheap eatery serving mess-style meals, good for big groups.
- Kaarar Forest Breez Restaurant, Davanagere – Locally popular family restaurant specializing in non-vegetarian dishes.
- Spoorthi Prince Bar & Restaurant, Mydala – Casual diner with garden seating, serving multi-cuisine food and bar menu.
Route 2: Distance and Time taken from Gokarna to Bangalore via Bangalore- Shivamogga Road & NH 69
The distance on this road is 513 Km and takes nearly ten and half hours. There might be some occasional traffic on this route between Gokarna to Bangalore. This is the longer route between Gokarna to Bangalore. However, you will encounter some very famous places on the route where you can make a pit stop and enjoy your trip to the fullest. Always check real-time traffic and live maps for the most updated information on Gokarna to Bangalore road conditions.
Popular sights/monuments that you will encounter along this route:
- Jog Falls – Take a refreshing pit stop at this second-highest waterfall in India, for great views, or tour the adjacent Sharavathi Valley Wildlife Sanctuary.
- Shimoga Zoo & Safari, Shivamogga – A great place to stop by for a short wildlife safari, good for family with kids.
- Bhadra Wildlife Sanctuary, Bhadravathi – Take a detour to this huge wildlife sanctuary on the way for a drive through or a short walking tour.
- Nagapuri Forest, Arsikere – While passing through this forested area, take a drive around through the woods or the locally famous ancient temples.
- Markonahalli Dam, Markonahalli – Stop by this huge river dam for a break around the catchment area.
Places to eat along this route
- Romanshia Restaurant, Honnavar – Locally popular family-friendly restaurant, serving non-vegetarian and seafood dishes.
- Masala Suruchi Vegetarian Restaurant, Kadur – Popular highway side eatery serving vegetarian South Indian dishes, good for groups and families
- Taj Restaurant, Kallakainakanahalli – Standard highway side restaurant, specializing in biryani and non-vegetarian dishes, good for late night stops.
- Shark Food Court, Nagasandra – Local multi-cuisine food court, open for takeaways, good for quick stop and fast food.
Gokarna to Bangalore Best Route
Overall, both routes are good to take. However, Gokarna to Bangalore distance Via – Chitradurga NH48 route is advisable. This is the route with the shortest distance and is faster as well. It is important to check for live traffic updates before leaving to avoid any hassle during the journey.
Other means of traveling from Gokarna to Bangalore
You can reach Bangalore by bus, train and flight. If you plan to take a bus, you can check Gokarna to Bangalore KSRTC bus timings to avoid any delays.
How to Reach Bangalore By Train
You can also reach Bangalore from Gokarna by train. The nearest railway station to Gokarna is at Ankola, about 20 km from Gokarna. There are only 2 weekly trains plying between these two destinations and the fastest train is BENGALURU EXP(16514). It takes about 12 hours to cover the distance between Gokarna and Bangalore of 728 KM. For the most updated Gokarna to Bangalore train ticket price and timings and schedule, visit the Indian Railways website.
How to Reach Bangalore by Flight
You can also travel from Gokarna to Bangalore by air. Gokarna doesn’t have a local airport, and the nearest one is Dabolim Airport in Goa, about 140 km away. The airport is well connected by flights to Indian and international cities. It takes between two to six hours to fly from Gokarna to Bangalore and the fares can range from INR 3000 to INR 6000 depending on the airline, flight route, available deals etc. You can book a convenient Gokarna to Goa Airport cab and reach your destination in three and a half hours. For all Gokarna to Bangalore flight updates and information, visit any online travel portal or airline website.
For a hassle-free road trip, you can also book a Goa to Bangalore Airport taxi.
Attractions for Sightseeing in Bangalore
Apart from beautiful public gardens and parks, Garden City has a host of other interesting things to see and do.
- Cubbon Park – The biggest patch of greenery in the city, great for walks, jogs, or simply relaxing in shaded areas.
- Lalbagh Botanical Garden – A public garden housing exotic plants, trees, and flowers, along with a museum and an exhibition venue.
- Vidhan Soudha – The City Hall with all major government offices, is known for its brilliant architecture.
- Ulsoor Lake – the biggest water body in the city, surrounded by ample greenery and a jogger’s park.
- Jayachamarajendra Museum & Gallery – A public gallery with a museum, preserving the city’s history and heritage.
- St. Mary’s Basilica – The oldest church in the city, located in the Archdiocese of Bangalore, known for its splendid Gothic architecture with carved arches, ornamental motifs, and stained-glass windows.
Sitting in the heart of South India, flanked by all the states of the region, Bangalore and its vicinity is blessed with endless natural and man-made wonders, making this the perfect starting point for uncountable road trips and places to visit nearby. With wide stretches of national and state highways crisscrossing the state, you can be anywhere, anytime, within a few hours’ drive. Check out the best road trips you can embark on for a quick weekend getaway from Bangalore.
Savaari recommends – Popular places to eat in Bangalore
Being a cosmopolitan metro city, Bangalore’s food culture is influenced by all the communities that have settled in the city for generations, making it a melting pot of various cuisines from home and abroad.
To sample the best of classic and contemporary, Indian and international flavors, explore these places in Bangalore.
- Only Place, Museum Rd, near Post Office, Shanthala Nagar, Ashok Nagar
- Lantern Restaurant, 99, Residency Rd, Shanthala Nagar, Ashok Nagar
- The Hole in the Wall Café, 8th Main Rd, Koramangala 4th Block, Koramangala
- Toit Brewpub, 100 Feet Road, Near-Drops Total Spirits, Indiranagar
- Vidyarthi Bhavan, Gandhi Bazaar Main Road
- Arogya Ahaara, HSR Layout 5th Sector
Hotels and Resorts in Bangalore
|The Leela Palace||23, HAL Old Airport Rd, HAL 2nd Stage, Kodihalli, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560008||080 2521 1234|
|ITC Gardenia-A Luxury Collection Hotel||1, Residency Rd, Ashok Nagar, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560025||080 2211 9898|
|Golden Lotus Boutique Suites||149, Richmond Road, Rathna Avenue, Craig Park Layout, Ashok Nagar, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560025||091486 50149|
|Eagleton The Golf Resort||Off Bangalore – Mysore Highway, Shyanamangala Cross, Bidadi, Bengaluru, Karnataka 562109||080 2263 2222|
|Vivanta Bengaluru||66, Residency Rd, Ashok Nagar, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560025||080 666 04545|
Nearby Road Trips From Bangalore
|Bangalore to Mysore||145 km||3 hours|
|Bangalore to Ooty||265 km||5 hours|
|Bangalore to Coorg||264 km||6 hours|
|Bangalore to Chikamagalur||245 km||5 hours|
|Bangalore to Mangalore||350 km||8 hours|
|Bangalore to Kodaikanal||463 km||9 hours|
|Bangalore to Goa||558 km||10 hours|
|Bangalore to Hyderabad||570 km||10 hours|