One of the largest, and the most prominent cities of the state, Ahmedabad holds a lot more treasure than what meets the eyes. A major industrial, cultural, educational, and economic hub of the state and the region, the city will always make you stay on your toes for colorful experiences and fun adventures.
Table of Contents
- Why travel from Mumbai to Ahmedabad?
- Traveling from Mumbai to Ahmedabad
- Best time to take a road trip by car
- How to Reach Ahmedabad By Train
- How to Reach Ahmedabad By Flight
- Other means of traveling
- Places to eat along this route
- Attractions in Ahmedabad for Sightseeing
- Savaari recommends – Popular places to eat in Ahmedabad
- Hotels and resorts – Accommodation in Ahmedabad
Why travel from Mumbai to Ahmedabad?
The largest city of the state of Gujarat, Ahmedabad is a hub of culture, cuisine, nature hotspots, and historical landmarks. A popular destination for tourists, weekenders, and history buffs alike, the city of Ahmedabad never ceases to intrigue a traveler. And to make this experience more exciting, you can plan a road trip from Mumbai. When you book a cab with Savaari, you can make this long drive interesting and wholesome, by customizing the itinerary, as per your travel interests, time, and budget.
Traveling from Mumbai to Ahmedabad by car
The road from Mumbai to Ahmedabad is quite a long one. But you can make it adventurous and have a great journey, with Savaari’s Mumbai to Ahmedabad trip packages. Along the way, you can make stop overs or take detours around interesting sightseeing and nature spots, considering the route is dotted with several interesting places.
Thus, experience the joy of being on the road by booking a Mumbai car rental from Savaari.
Let us help you discover the best routes so you can ensure a great ride on your Mumbai to Ahmedabad trip by road.
Best time to take a road trip from Mumbai to Ahmedabad by car
Being landlocked and around the Kutch region, Ahmedabad experiences an arid climate, with most of the year being dry and very little humidity. Summers can be extremely harsh with temperatures rising to higher 30s (Celsius), while winters, although very chilly can be pleasant for exploring. The rainy season, however is moist and cooler, with greener surroundings making it the Best Time To Visit Mumbai to Ahmedabad by Car.
Route 1: Distance and Time taken from Mumbai to Ahmedabad via NH48
Mumbai to Ahmedabad Road Condition Via NH48
This is the fastest, shortest, and the only route between Mumbai and Ahmedabad and is frequently used by travelers. This also means that you may find some Mumbai to Ahmedabad highway traffic here, especially on holidays, weekends, or the festival season. The distance from Navi Mumbai to Ahmedabad via this route is approximately 530 Km and takes almost 10 hours. Before you start, you should always check for live traffic updates to get a real-time idea of the Mumbai to Ahmedabad road conditions.
Mumbai to Ahmedabad Distance Via NH48
Here’s a basic Mumbai to Ahmedabad road map for this route:
|Mumbai -> Thane-> Vapi -> Valsad -> Navsari-> Kamrej -> Ankleshwar -> Karjan -> Vadodara -> Nadiad -> Ahmedabad|
Popular sights/monuments that you will encounter along this route:
- Mandapeshwar Caves, Borivali West – Ancient rock-cut caves dating to the 8th century, known for their stone-carved cavern temples with elaborate sculptures of Hindu gods.
- Tungareshwar National Park, Thane – A green pocket, part of the Borivali National Park, housing wildlife and nature trails, good for short day treks and hikes.
- Vanganga Garden, Dadra – Landscaped public garden with ample greenery and a large waterbody, with facilities for boating, good for a quick refresher.
- Golden Bridge, Bharuch – A 19th century bridge over the Narmada river, good for a drive through and great views of the river banks.
- Baroda Museum and Picture Gallery, Vadodara – A public museum boasting 19th-century Saracenic architecture and housing historical artifacts, art, sculpture, and more.
*Pandemic rules might affect visiting hours. Check with local authorities for timings.
Places to eat along this route:
- Vithal Kamat, Manor – Vegetarian chain restaurant, serving Udupi-style snacks and meals, good for big groups and families.
- Hotel Ahura, Ambivali tarf Bahare – Highway side eatery specializing in Parsi food, snacks, and fast food.
- Kathiyawadi Dhaba, Abrama – Dhada-style restaurant serving Gujarati (Kathiyawadi) cuisine, good for lunch and dinner.
- Honest Restaurant, Nandawala – Typical highway eatery serving North Indian and local cuisines, good for quick stops, family-friendly.
- Santushti, Vadodara – Local fast-food eatery serving quick snacks and desserts.
Other means of traveling from Mumbai to Ahmedabad
How to Reach Ahmedabad By Train
There is also the option of traveling the Mumbai to Ahmedabad distance by train. There are around 16 trains running from Mumbai to Ahmedabad on a daily basis. The train time from Mumbai to Ahmedabad can vary from six and half to nine and half hours, depending on the train you take. The fastest train now is the MUMBAI TO AHMEDABAD TEJAS EXPRESS. You can visit the Indian Railways website or any other online travel portal for your Mumbai to Ahmedabad Shatabdi train booking. The Mumbai Central to Ahmedabad train fare may vary during festivals, holiday season, or other special circumstances as directed by the government. For the most updated fare and schedules for Mumbai to Ahmedabad travel, refer to the Indian Railways timetables online.
How to Reach Ahmedabad By Flight
You can also fly to Ahmedabad from Mumbai, which takes about one to 1.5 hours. The city is served by Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel International Airport, which is Hansol, 9 km north of central Ahmedabad. You can visit any online travel portal or airline website and find the best deals on Mumbai to Ahmedabad flight ticket price. The fare ranges from Rs 2000 to 6000, depending on booking time, travel season, or special offers. You can also book a convenient Mumbai airport to Ahmedabad taxi for a hassle-free journey to your destination.
Explore Ahmedabad Like a Local: A Handy Guide
With our trips and suggestions, you can be sure to have an incredible and memorable Ahmedabad tour.
Attractions in Ahmedabad for Sightseeing
Start with the most iconic place of the city – the Sabarmati Ashram, the home of Mahatma Gandhi and an important site of Indian’s history. The Calico Museum of Textiles is an insightful place to capture some info on the state’s textile treasure and art. For a dose of history knowledge, visit the Adalaj Stepwell, an ancient structure with unique architecture, or the Sarkhej Roja, a historical mosque and tomb complex. For outdoor time, you can always visit the Kankaria Lake, the Vastrapur Lake, or the Sabarmati Riverfront, for a quiet and relaxing time. To explore the city’s art scene, the Amdavad ni Gufa gallery is a good start.
Savaari recommends – Popular places to eat in Ahmedabad
As a cultural hub of the state, Ahmedabad also takes pride in being a center of culinary fare. While ethnic Gujarati cuisine might be prominently available, the city’s cosmopolitan crown also influenced the food scene.
Sample the local flavors of Ahmedabad at these popular places-
- Manmohan Kharek Center, 6th kimsim complex, near Ganesh Plaza, Navrangpura
- Rajwadu, Nr. Jivraj Tolnaka, Behind Ambaji Temple, Malav Talav
- Vishalla, Vasna Rd, Opp. Tol Naka, Rehnuma Society, Sanklit Nagar, Juhapura
- Earthen Oven, Fortune Landmark, Ashram Road
- Gordhan Thal, Sapath Complex, Opp. Rajpath Club, Sarkhej – Gandhinagar Hwy, Bodakdev
Hotels and resorts – Accommodation in Ahmedabad
|Divan’s Bungalow||1785, Saiyad Wadu, MB Kadri Road, Raikhad II, Opposite Gaikwad Haveli, Ahmedabad, Gujarat 380001 PH: 079 2535 5428|
|WelcomHeritage Mani Mansion||Behind Mehdi Nawaz Jung Hall, Beside Bank of India, Paldi Cross Roads, Ellisbridge, Ahmedabad, Gujarat 380006 PH: 079 2657 8520|
|Ebony Residency Ahmedabad||Behind Apex Heart Institute Near Gurudwara, Sarkhej – Gandhinagar Hwy, Ahmedabad, Gujarat 380054 PH: 098252 36795|
|Prasang Presidency||R.C.T.I College Road, opposite Unique City Homes, Ghatlodiya, Ahmedabad, Gujarat 380061 PH: 089059 10060|
|Hotel El Dorado||Mithakhali Six roads, Opposite Shri Krishna Centre Adani Wilmar House lane, Mithakhali to Navrangpura, Railway Crossing Road, Ahmedabad, Gujarat 380009 PH: 079 2642 5518|
Download our Savaari cab booking app for a smooth and pleasant journey.