Mumbai, also known as Bombay, is the capital city of the Indian state of Maharashtra. It is the most populous city in India and the ninth most populous city in the world. Mumbai is located on the west coast of India and is known for its bustling streets, vibrant culture, and iconic landmarks. The city is a melting pot of diversity with a mix of various cultures and backgrounds.
Table of Contents
- Why travel from Shirdi to Mumbai?
- Traveling from Shirdi to Mumbai by car
- Best time to take a road trip by car
- Popular routes from Shirdi to Mumbai
- How to Reach Mumbai By Train
- How to Reach Mumbai By Flight
- Popular Places to eat in Mumbai
- Attractions in Mumbai for Sightseeing
- Hotels and resorts – Accommodation in Mumbai
Why travel from Shirdi to Mumbai?
Mumbai is a popular tourist destination and has several attractions such as the Gateway of India, Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus, and the Elephanta Caves. When you take a road trip from Shirdi to Mumbai, you can enhance your experience by enjoying everything that lies on the way. With a Savaari, you can turn your drive into a fun-filled journey and also customize the trip to your liking, travel time, and budget.
Travelling from Shirdi to Mumbai by road?
As you begin your journey from Shirdi, you’ll come across the lush country drive with great roads, although you may encounter some while reaching Mumbai. The scenic route from the hills to the coast is sure to leave you feeling overjoyed. With our completely customizable Shirdi to Mumbai trip packages, you can stop at any of these places and do a quick sightseeing. Let us help you discover the best routes to travel from Shirdi to Mumbai by car.
Important Highway Information from Shirdi to Mumbai
|Highway Name||Shirdi to Mumbai Highway|
|Alternate Name||National Highway 160|
|Highway Number||NH – 160|
Best Time to Visit
Mumbai can be visited throughout the year. Mumbai enjoys classic coastal weather with hot and humid summers, refreshing monsoons, and pleasant winters. But the best time to visit Bangalore to Mumbai by car is undoubtedly the monsoon season when the dewy rain makes the road trip and the stay an experience unlike any other.
Distance Related Details about Shirdi to Mumbai
|Road Distance from Shirdi to Mumbai||246 kms|
|Aerial Distance from Shirdi to Mumbai||184 kms|
|Travel Time for Shirdi to Mumbai by Road||5 hours and 30 minutes|
|Travel Time for Shirdi to Mumbai by Train||6 hours|
|Travel Time for Shirdi to Mumbai by Flight||4 hours|
|Best Route||Shirdi to Mumbai Via NH160|
|Best time to visit||September to November and February to April|
Popular Routes from Shirdi to Mumbai
Route 1: Shirdi to Mumbai via Ghoti-Shirdi Road and NH 160
This is the shortest, fastest, and most convenient route. As a result of which, most travellers and pilgrims opt for this route. The traffic here is also much lighter on this highway which makes it more comfortable to drive.
The distance between Shirdi and Mumbai via Ghoti by road is 270 KM and takes about six and a half hours. However, before you travel, always make sure to check for live traffic updates and use real-time maps for a better assessment of Shirdi to Mumbai road conditions.
Here’s a basic Shirdi to Mumbai road map for this route:
Popular places along the way:
- Deolali Camp, Deolali: This is indeed an iconic camping site in this part of Maharashtra. Deolali attracts outdoor lovers after the rains who come to enjoy the transformed natural surroundings.
- Kavnai Fort, Igatpuri: The ancient fort sitting on a hill, is another interesting attraction of Igatpuri. Particularly in the rainy season, the dark stone structure surrounded by lush foliage makes it a sight to savour and explore. You can easily stop here on your way to Shirdi and do a short trek for a couple of hours.
- Vipassana Center, Igatpuri: The largest meditation center in Asia is right here in Maharashtra. The huge premise houses a spiritual learning centre as well as a retreat for visitors.
- Vihi Falls, Vihigaon: The sparkling waterfall is the highlight of this village town and has evolved to become a popular spot for activities such as trekking, water sports, camping, and picnic. For the best experience, visit the waterfalls during monsoon, when the water flow is higher, resulting in more torrential cascades and greener surroundings.
Places to eat along this route:
- Kamat Restaurant, Sinnar: Popular statewide restaurant chain serving Maharashtrian and South Indian breakfast, snacks, along with quick meals as well.
- Anand Mangal Pure Veg Garden Restaurant, Igatpuri: Local restaurant serving pure vegetarian fare, with outdoor seating, good for families and big groups.
- Food Hub Restaurant, Asangaon: Typical highway-side eatery serving fast food, breakfast, as well as small meals. Good for quick grub.
Shirdi to Mumbai road condition Via NH 160
The route covers a distance of 250 km within five and a half hours and the road condition is good. This route is preferred by travellers because it is shorter and faster.
Route 2: Shirdi to Mumbai via NH 61 Shirdi to Mumbai distance Via NH 61
This is, however, an alternative route to cover the Shirdi to Mumbai distance. This highway takes only an hour longer than the previous route but experiences heavier traffic.
Via this route, the distance between Shirdi to Mumbai via Nashik by road is 277 KM. Before you travel, always check for live traffic updates and make sure you use real-time maps to get the best assessment of Shirdi to Mumbai road conditions.
Here’s a basic Shirdi to Mumbai road map for this route
Popular places along this route:
- Ovalekar Wadi Butterfly Garden: Tranquil, a small butterfly farm with guided tours of the different species and their life cycles.
- Gorakhgad Fort: It is a small hill fort located in the Nashik district of Maharashtra, India. The fort was built in the 11th century and was used as a strategic military outpost by the Maratha Empire.
- Malshej Ghat: It is known for its natural beauty and waterfalls. The pass is surrounded by hills, valleys, and waterfalls, making it a popular destination for trekking and picnicking.
- Junnar: This is a historic town located about 40 km from Alephata, known for its ancient caves and temples. The Lenyadri Caves, a series of ancient rock-cut Buddhist caves, are a particularly popular attraction.
Places to eat along this route
- The Chocolate Room, Alephata: This is a cafe and dessert shop known for its delicious chocolate-based desserts. They have a wide variety of chocolate-based cakes, pastries, and ice cream flavours.
- Hotel Surya, Saralgaon: This is a restaurant located in Saralgaon, known for its delicious South Indian dishes. They have a wide variety of vegetarian and non-vegetarian options, as well as a variety of snacks and desserts.
- Gajalee, Thane: This is a seafood restaurant located in Thane, known for its delicious coastal dishes. They have a wide variety of seafood options, including prawns, crabs, and fish, as well as vegetarian dishes.
- The Food Street, Thane: This is a street food market located in Thane, offering a wide variety of local snacks and dishes. You can try different types of chaat, pav bhaji, vada pav, and other popular street foods here.
- Hotel Satkar, Thane: This is a popular restaurant located in Thane, known for its delicious North Indian and Chinese dishes. They have a wide variety of vegetarian and non-vegetarian options, as well as a variety of snacks and desserts.
Shirdi to Mumbai road condition Via NH 61
The route covers a distance of 270 km in about 7 hours and the road condition is good. This route is preferred as a good alternative that crosses the quaint views and places like Alephata and Saralgaon.
Other means of travelling from Shirdi to Mumbai
You can also take a Shirdi to Mumbai bus to cover the distance. The Shirdi to Mumbai bus price ranges from Rs 800 – Rs 2000 based on your choice of preference.
Several trains operate between Shirdi and Mumbai. The journey from Shirdi to Mumbai by the DADAR SAINAGAR SHIRDI SUPERFAST EXPRESS (22147) train takes around 6 hours. Check the train schedule and availability of seats on the Indian Railways website or app.
You can also reach from Shirdi to Mumbai by flight with ease. The nearest airport is Mumbai International Airport (BOM). The average flight distance is covered in 1 to 6 hours, depending on the airline and flight route.
Therefore, for your Shirdi to Shirdi to Mumbai flight booking, you can visit any airline website or online travel portals for the best deals. The flight ticket can cost you INR 2500 to 10,000, depending on your booking window, the airline, available deals, and the travel season.
Attractions in Mumbai for Sightseeing
One of the largest and busiest cities in India, the entertainment and financial capital of the country is certainly the only place where you can experience the real definition of “eclectic”. Therefore, to experience Mumbai in its true spirit, you need to touch upon it all, from nature, culture, art, history, lifestyle, and entertainment. There are endless possibilities for long vacations or quick weekend getaways from Mumbai, every few hundred miles. Check out the best road trips you can embark on for a quick weekend getaway from Mumbai.
Start your tour the way once settlers started, through the Gateway of India and have a look around the iconic Taj Mahal Hotel.
- You can also take a boat ride to the Elephanta Caves nearby, known for one of the oldest Buddhist and Jain temples and statues.
- A city of beaches, Mumbai is best viewed from some of these beach promenades such as the Marine Drive, Bandra Bandstand, Carter Road, Juhu Beach, Versova Beach, Marve Beach, and Gorai Beach.
- Also, spend a day on Manori Island, at a ferry ride off the suburb of Malad.
- Explore the Borivali National Park, the greenest patch of the city and a local nature hotspot for treks, hikes, picnics, and seasonal bird watching.
- If you wish to seek divine intervention, make your way to places like the SiddhiVinayak Temple, Haji Ali Dargah, Basilica of Our Lady of the Mount/Mount Mary’s Church, or St. Michael’s Church/Mahim Church.
Savaari recommends – Popular places to eat in Mumbai
A melting pot of all possible cultures and communities of India, and above all, from many international locations, Mumbai’s food flair has evolved to be a hearty mix of all. Therefore, from the quintessential Maharashtrian delicacies to French, Italian, Lebanese, and many popular global cuisines, Mumbai seems to have it all.
So, to sample a flavour from every possible culture around the world, explore these eateries in the city-
- Wasabi by Morimoto, Taj Hotel, Colaba
- Café Leopold, Colaba Causeway
- Slink & Bardot, Worli Village
- Bombay Canteen, Lower Parel
- Mahesh Lunch Home, Juhu
- Silver Beach Café, Juhu
- Pali Village Café, Bandra
- Lake View Café, Powai
Hotels and resorts – Accommodation in Mumbai
|Radisson Mumbai||X-22, MIDC Central Rd, Hanuman Nagar, Andheri East, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400093 PH: 022 5005 0123|
|Sahara Star||Opp. Domestic Airport, Navpada, Vile Parle East, Vile Parle, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400099 PH: 022 3989 5000|
|St. Regis||462, Tulsi Pipe Rd, Lower Parel, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400013 PH: 022 6162 8000|
|Four Seasons||1, 136, Dr E Moses Rd, Gandhi Nagar, Upper Worli, Worli, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400018 PH: 022 2481 8000|
Download our Savaari car Booking app for a smooth and pleasant journey.
- PM Modi inaugurates 520 km Nagpur-Shirdi stretch in phase 1 of Nagpur-Mumbai Samruddhi Expressway
- MSRTC to launch sleeper coach service on Samruddhi expressway on Nagpur-Shirdi, Aurangabad route