Kochi, also known as Cochin, is a vibrant port city located in Southwest India’s coastal Kerala state.Kochi is known for its rich cultural heritage, stunning architecture, and scenic beauty. The city has a long and colorful past, having been ruled by several dynasties and colonial powers including the Portuguese, Dutch, and British. When you book a Alappuzha car rental with Savaari, the most noteworthy part of it is that you can turn a simple drive into an experiential road trip.
Best Time to Visit Kochi by Road:
The best time to visit Kochi by road is from October to February when the weather is amusing and comfortable. During this time, the temperature ranges from 20°C to 32°C, making it ideal for outdoor activities and sightseeing. The monsoon season can be quite heavy and can make driving conditions difficult, while the summer season from March to May can be hot and humid.
Let us help you discover some of the best routes so your trip from Alappuzha to Kochi by road is nothing short of amazing!
Popular Routes to take from Alappuzha to Reach Kochi :
Here are some popular routes to take from Alappuzha to reach Kochi by road:
- Route 1- Alappuzha to Kochi Via NH 66: This is the most commonly used route between Alappuzha and Kochi, and passes through several towns and villages, including Cherthala and Maradu.
- Route 2- Alappuzha to Kochi Via NH 183: This route takes a more inland route between Alappuzha and Kochi, passing through the towns of Kottayam and Ettumanoor.
- Route 3- Alappuzha to Kochi Via SH 11: This route is a slightly longer option but offers scenic views of the Western Ghats as it passes through several hill stations, including Vagamon and Munnar.
Places to Visit Along the Route:
- Marari Beach – Located just 14 km from Alappuzha, Marari Beach is a beautiful and serene beach known for its clean sand and clear waters.
- Fort Kochi – Fort Kochi is a historic neighborhood in Kochi that features several attractions, including the famous Chinese fishing nets, St. Francis Church, and the Dutch Palace.
- Mattancherry Palace – This palace is located in the Mattancherry neighborhood of Kochi and features stunning architecture and beautiful murals.
Places to Eat Along the Route:
- Dreamers Cafe – Located in Alappuzha, Dreamers Cafe is a popular hangout spot that serves delicious food, including local Kerala cuisine.
- Fort Kochi Seafood Restaurant – As the name suggests, this restaurant in Fort Kochi specializes in seafood and is known for its fresh and delicious offerings.
- The Rice Boat – Located in Kochi, The Rice Boat is a luxurious restaurant that offers a fine dining experience with a focus on traditional Kerala cuisine, including seafood and vegetarian dishes.
Download our Savaari car Booking app for a smooth and pleasant journey