Dalhousie is a charming and peaceful hill station situated in the northern state of Himachal Pradesh in India, renowned for its idyllic setting and stunning natural beauty. The town is perched on the western edge of the Dhauladhar mountain range of the Himalayas, surrounded by snow-capped peaks, verdant forests, and meandering rivers. With its picturesque scenery, colonial architecture, and tranquil atmosphere, Dalhousie is a sought-after tourist destination. When you book a Amritsar car rental with Savaari, the most noteworthy part of it is that you can turn a simple drive into an experiential road trip.
Best Time to Visit Dalhousie by Road:
The best time to visit Dalhousie by road is from March to June and from September to November, as the weather during these months is mild and pleasant, making it ideal for exploring the town and its surroundings.
Let us help you discover some of the best routes so your trip from Amritsar to Dalhousie by road is nothing short of amazing!
Popular Route to Take from Amritsar to Reach Dalhousie:
The most popular route to reach Dalhousie from Amritsar by road is via Pathankot. From Amritsar, take the NH54, which leads to Pathankot. From there, take the state highway towards Dalhousie, which is approximately 75 km away. The total travel time is approximately 4-5 hours, depending on traffic conditions.
Places to Visit Along the Route:
- Gurdwara Shri Kartarpur Sahib – Located near Jalandhar, this holy Sikh shrine is a must-visit for anyone traveling from Amritsar to Dalhousie. It is said to be the place where Guru Nanak Dev Ji spent his last years.
- Ranjit Sagar Dam -Located on the Ravi River near the city of Pathankot, the Ranjit Sagar Dam is a popular tourist destination for its serene atmosphere, scenic views and water sports activities like boating and water skiing.
- Khajjiar Lake – Located in the heart of Khajjiar, a small town near Dalhousie, Khajjiar Lake is a serene and picturesque lake surrounded by dense cedar forests. It is an ideal spot for boating and offers a perfect setting for a picnic.
Places to Eat Along the Route:
- Kesar Da Dhaba – Located in Amritsar, Kesar Da Dhaba is a famous restaurant that serves delicious Punjabi food. It is known for its signature dish, Dal Makhani, and is a must-visit for anyone traveling to Amritsar.
- Friend’s Dhaba – Located on the NH54 near Pathankot, Friend’s Dhaba is a popular stopover for travelers. It serves delicious North Indian food and is known for its parathas and lassis.
- Preet Palace – Located in Dalhousie, Preet Palace is a famous restaurant that serves a wide variety of dishes, ranging from Chinese to Continental. It is known for its cozy ambiance and stunning views of the surrounding hills.
Download our Savaari car Booking app for a smooth and pleasant journey.