Located in Dehradun district of Uttarakhand state, the Queen of Hills has been blessed with Himalayan beauty. The charming hill station perched at an elevation of 1880 m in the Garhwal hills has something for every kind of traveler. Whether it is an adventure, rejuvenation and or a dose of wildlife; Mussoorie is sure to give you some of the best memories to take back home with you.
Table of Contents
- Why travel from Dehradun to Mussoorie?
- Traveling from Dehradun to Mussoorie
- Best time to take a road trip by car
- How to Reach Mussoorie By Train
- How to Reach Mussoorie By Flight
- Other means of traveling
- Places to eat along this route
- Attractions in Mussoorie for Sightseeing
- Savaari recommends – Popular places to eat in Mussoorie
- Hotels and resorts – Accommodation in Mussoorie
- Nearby Road Trips
Why travel from Dehradun to Mussoorie?
Mussoorie is set on a ridge about two hours north of Dehradun, a trip from Dehradun to Mussoorie is one of the closest weekend getaways in Uttarakhand. Also known as the Queen of Hil Stations, Mussoorie is adorned by the mighty Shivaliks of the Himalayan Range as well as the gorgeous doon valley. The British loved Mussoorie and turned it into their summer capital when temperatures in the cities soared high. And the tradition has continued ever since. There is no better way to explore this extremely gorgeous hill town than with Savaari’s expert chauffeurs. Book a Savaari cab from Dehradun to Mussoorie and travel around in zero discomfort.
Traveling from Dehradun to Mussoorie by Car
The distance between Dehradun and Mussoorie by car is around 33 kilometers taking approximately an hour and a half to reach. A road trip from Dehradun to Mussoorie is nothing short of fascinating. Serpentine roads dotted with pine trees and small wooden cottages on either side are sure to keep you fascinated throughout the road trip. Given how beautiful the entire state of Uttarakhand is, we, therefore, suggest you keep those cameras ready. Thus, experience the joy of being on the road by booking a Dehradun cab from Savaari.
Best Time to Take a Road Trip from Dehradun to Mussoorie by Car
Best time to visit Dehradun to Mussoorie by Car is anytime between September and June. One should ideally avoid monsoons (July to August) due to the landslides that occur quite frequently.
Therefore, if you are planning a trip from Dehradun to Mussoorie anytime soon, then read on! We have discussed in great detail Dehradun to Mussoorie route with popular places along the way for sightseeing as well as pitstops for great local food.
Route 1: Via Mussoorie Road
Dehradun to Mussoorie distance Via Saharanpur road
The distance between Dehradun and Mussoorie is about 38 kms and can be covered in about 1 hour 10 minutes by this route. The road conditions are good making the journey even more pleasant for the travelers.
Dehradun to Mussoorie Road Conditions Via Saharanpur road
Here’s a classic road map for the distance between Dehradun and Mussoorie.
Popular Places along the way:
Gucchupani: Gucchu Pani also known as Robbers Cave is located about 8 km from the Dehradun Clock Tower. A short bus trip followed by a brief trek is required to reach Gucchupani. A natural cave with beautifully designed amazing interiors is the right picnic spot if you enjoy the real natural habitat.
Malsi Reserve Forest (Malsi Deer Park): En-route from Dehradun to Mussoorie, Malsi Reserve forest is a favourite pit stop for travellers. The Malsi Deer Park which is home to two-horned deer, Neelgai, and also a wide array of birds is located amid the Malsi Reserve forest. The park has several additional attractions for kids to encourage playing and learning simultaneously.
Bhatta Falls: Bhatta Falls is a less crowded waterfall en route to Mussoorie and a great picnic spot with beautiful photo opportunities. Visitors can easily miss this attraction on their way to Mussoorie since it is not visible from the main highway. Shutterbugs will love this place for the splendid picturesque natural surrounding and children will be particularly happy with the pristine water.
Places to eat along the way
- Plow Bistro (Malsi, Dehradun) – This rustic, Greek-style cafe and restaurant serves continental cuisine post 12.30 pm.
- First Gear Cafe – Perched on a cliff on Mussoorie Road, this cafe offers the best view on this stretch and great food.
- Jadwan Maggi Point – Stop here for a steaming bowl of Maggi.
- Cafe Stanrose – Enjoy a cup of hot chai with a great view.
Book a cab from Dehradun to Mussoorie
Other means of traveling from Dehradun to Mussoorie
How to Reach Mussoorie By Train
One cannot travel from Dehradun to Mussoorie by train, the reason being -the nearest railway station to Mussoorie is Dehradun itself. Therefore, your journey via train ends in Dehradun, post which a prepaid taxi can help you reach Mussoorie comfortably. Dehradun railway station to Mussoorie is a journey that can only be taken up by the road.
How to Reach Mussoorie by Flight
Traveling from Dehradun to Mussoorie by flight is a redundant option. There are no direct flights in India that can help you travel from Dehradun airport to Mussoorie due to the fact that the closest airport to Mussoorie is Jolly Grant which is in Dehradun itself.
You can also take a Dehradun to Mussoorie bike rental or check with local operators for Dehradun to Mussoorie bus fare.
Explore Mussoorie Like a Local: A Handy Guide
Follow this comprehensive guide to traveling around Mussoorie for an epic time.
Attractions in Mussoorie for Sightseeing
- Nag Devta Temple – Located on Cart Mackenzie Road, Nag Devta Temple is dedicated to Lord Shiva. Besides being a place of worship, this temple offers a great view of the Doon Valley.
- Jwala Devi Temple – Perched at an altitude of 2240 m, Jwala Devi Temple is a very interesting temple in Mussoorie. The temple houses 7 natural flames that have been burning inside its premises since time immemorial. There are no conclusive explanations yet as to why these flames burn constantly and what the source of these flames is.
- Benog Wildlife Sanctuary – Snow-shrouded peaks like Chaukhamba and Banderpoonch and Pine forests make the natural home for some of the animals and birds of high altitude.
- Christ Church – Believed to be the oldest church in the region, admire the Gothic architecture here.
- Tiger View Jungle Camp – Both camping and jungle safaris are quite a hit here.
- Tapovan – Quite popular among trekkers who like to trek to the point which is believed to be the place where Dronacharya served his penance.
- Falls – There are many falls in Mussoorie which deserve a spot in your itinerary such as Kempty Falls, Jharipari Falls, Bhatta Falls and Mossy Falls.
- Lal Tibba – Catch a beautiful sunrise or sunset here.
[Also Read: Panch Prayag – A spiritual roadtrip trail along the Ganges]
Savaari Recommends: Popular Places to Eat in Mussoorie
- Kalsang Friends Corner – Chinese, Thai and Tibetan
- Cafe by the Way – Shakes, smoothies and desserts
- Casa Mia Bakery – croissants, muffins, pies and breads
- Char Dukan, Lal Tibba – Omelets, banana Nutella pancakes, cinnamon waffles, chocolate waffles, crisp French fries and cold coffee.
- Emily’s, Rokeby Manor – Continental and Indian food
- Chic Chocolate, Mall Road – Kit Kat shake, thin pizza, chocolate waffles, nachos, fruit cream, chocolate shakes
- Little Llama Cafe – Mutton burgers, juicy pepperoni pizzas, delectable Berry shakes
Hotels and Resorts – Accommodation in Mussoorie
Here are some hotels and resorts in Dehradun to Mussoorie road and nearby areas.
|Hotel Name||Address||Phone Number|
|Fortune Resort Grace Mussoorie||Library Bazaar, Gandhi Chowk, Mussoorie, Uttarakhand 248179||01352636000|
|Bulaakh Resort||Kyarkuli road, near, Mussoorie, 248179||08979137227|
|Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Mussoorie||Convent Rd, near Library, Chowk, Mussoorie, Uttarakhand 248179||07351001201|
|Royal Orchid Fort Resort||Tara Hall Estate, Picture Palace Road, Mussoorie, Uttarakhand 248179||01352631611|
|The Rink Pavilion||Kulri, Camel’s Back Road, Mussoorie, Uttarakhand 248179||01125734598|
Nearby Road Trips
|Mussoorie to Kalsi||73 km||2 hours|
|Mussoorie to Dhanaulti||60 km||2 hours|
|Mussoorie to Rudraprayag||206 km||6 hours|
|Mussoorie to Rishikesh||74 km||2 hours|
|Mussoorie to Chakrata||81 km||3 hours|
|Mussoorie to Dehradun||33 km||1 hour|
|Mussoorie to Nainital||313 km||7 hours|
|Mussoorie to Kufri||267 km||7 hours|
For the cheapest Dehradun to Mussoorie taxi fare, download our Savaari car Booking app for a smooth and pleasant journey.