Chandigarh is the capital city of the states of Punjab and Haryana, located in northern India. It is known for its modern architecture, urban design, and cleanliness. The city was designed by the famous architect Le Corbusier and is the first planned city in India. Chandigarh is also famous for its beautiful gardens, lakes, and parks. It is a popular tourist destination and attracts visitors from all over the world. When you book a Gurgaon car rental with Savaari, the most noteworthy part of it is that you can turn a simple drive into an experiential road trip.
Best Time to Visit Chandigarh by Road:
The best time to visit Chandigarh by road is during October to March, as the weather during these months is pleasant and ideal. The temperature ranges between 10°C to 22°C during this time, making it the perfect time to explore the city.
Let us help you discover some of the best routes so your trip from Gurgaon to Chandigarh by road is nothing short of amazing!
Popular Route to take from Gurgaon to Reach Chandigarh:
There are mainly two popular routes to take from Gurgaon to reach Chandigarh by road:
- Route 1- Gurgaon to Chandigarh Via NH 44: This is the most commonly used route that connects Gurgaon to Chandigarh. You can take NH 44 from Gurgaon and continue to drive on this highway until you reach Chandigarh. This route covers a total distance of approximately 275 km.
- Route 2- Gurgaon to Chandigarh Via NH 148A: Another route you can take is via NH 148A. This route covers a distance of approximately 320 km. It is a longer route, it is less crowded and offers beautiful scenic views. This route takes you through the beautiful state of Haryana and Punjab, and you can stop at various dhabas and restaurants along the way to enjoy the local cuisine.
Places to Visit Along the Route:
- Pinjore Gardens: Located around 25 km from Chandigarh, Pinjore Gardens is a beautiful Mughal-style garden that is spread over an area of 100 acres. It is famous for its fountains, terraced gardens, and scenic beauty.
- Timber Trail: Situated around 40 km from Chandigarh, Timber Trail is a popular hill station that is known for its perfect views of the Shivalik Range. It is an ideal place for adventure seekers as it offers a range of activities like rock climbing, trekking, and camping.
- Sukhna Lake: Located in the heart of Chandigarh, Sukhna Lake is a man-made lake that is surrounded by beautiful gardens and walking paths.
Places to eat along the route:
- Haveli: Located on NH44, Haveli is a popular restaurant that serves authentic North Indian cuisine. It is known for its delicious food, great service, and traditional ambience.
- Kesar Dhaba: Located on the Ambala-Chandigarh Highway, Kesar Dhaba is a popular eating joint that serves delicious Punjabi food. It is known for its tandoori dishes, butter chicken, and lassi.
- Puran Singh Da Dhaba: Located on the NH44, Puran Singh Da Dhaba is a famous restaurant that serves mouth-watering Punjabi food. It is known for its dal makhani, butter chicken, and lassi.
Download our Savaari car Booking app for a smooth and pleasant journey