Kedarnath, situated at an elevation of 3,583 meters above sea level in the Indian state of Uttarakhand, is a sacred town renowned for being one of the four holy shrines in Hinduism, known as Char Dham. The ancient Kedarnath Temple, dedicated to Lord Shiva, is a significant attraction of the town, drawing thousands of devotees annually. Make your Haldwani to Kedarnath trip memorable by booking Haldwani taxi service with Savaari
Best time to visit Kedarnath by road:
The ideal time to plan a road trip to Kedarnath is during the months of April to June and September to November when the weather is delightful and the roads are operational. It is crucial to note that during winter months, due to heavy snowfall, the roads leading to Kedarnath remain closed, and the temple remains inaccessible.
Popular route to take from Haldwani to reach Kedarnath:
To travel from Haldwani to Kedarnath, you have the following route options:
- Route 1- Haldwani – Rudrapur – Rampur – Rudraprayag – Gaurikund – Kedarnath This is the most popular route, with a total distance of approximately 210 km. You’ll travel via NH 109 and NH 107, passing through picturesque towns and villages. From Gaurikund, you can take a 14 km trek or hire a mule or a helicopter to reach Kedarnath. The journey should take around 8-10 hours, depending on traffic and road conditions.
- Route 2 – Haldwani – Nainital – Almora – Kausani – Karnaprayag – Rudraprayag – Gaurikund – Kedarnath
This route is longer than option 1, with a total distance of approximately 280 km. You’ll travel via NH 109 and NH 107, and pass through some of the most beautiful landscapes in the region. From Gaurikund, you can take a 14 km trek or hire a mule or a helicopter to reach Kedarnath. The journey should take around 12-14 hours, depending on traffic and road conditions.
The most popular route to take from Haldwani to reach Kedarnath is via Rudraprayag. The total distance between Haldwani and Kedarnath is around 265 kilometers, and the journey takes around 10 to 12 hours to complete. The route takes you through beautiful landscapes and picturesque hill stations, offering breathtaking views of the surrounding mountains. When you book a Haldwani to Kedarnath taxi service with Savaari, you are assured of experiencing a trip as per your liking.
Places to visit along the route:
- Bhimtal: Bhimtal is a picturesque lake located around 20 kilometers from Haldwani. Surrounded by lush green hills, the lake offers a serene environment and is a popular spot for boating and fishing.
- Almora: Almora is a scenic hill station located around 90 kilometers from Haldwani. The town is known for its colonial architecture and ancient temples, including the Nanda Devi Temple and the Chitai Temple.
- Kedarnath Temple: Located at an altitude of 3,583 meters above sea level, the Kedarnath Temple is the primary attraction of the town, renowned for its exquisite architecture and revered as one of the most sacred shrines in Hinduism.
Places to eat along the route:
- Sagar Ratna, Haldwani: Sagar Ratna is a popular chain of vegetarian restaurants that serves delicious South Indian cuisine.
- Pahadi House, Almora: Pahadi House is a cozy restaurant located in Almora that serves traditional Kumaoni cuisine, including dishes like bhatt ki churkani and aloo ke gutke.
- Bikanerwala, Rudraprayag: Bikanerwala is a renowned chain of vegetarian restaurants that serves a variety of North Indian and South Indian dishes, including chaat, dosas, and thalis.
Download our Savaari Car Booking app for a smooth and pleasant journey.