Badrinath is a holy town located in the Chamoli district of the Indian state of Uttarakhand. It is situated in the lap of the Himalayas and is known for its religious significance, natural beauty, and scenic landscapes. The town is home to the famous Badrinath Temple, which is one of the four sacred shrines in Hinduism, known as the Chota Char Dham. The town also serves as the base for several treks and expeditions to the nearby mountain ranges. Make your Kolkata to Puri trip memorable by booking Haridwar taxi service with Savaari and explore the city at your own pace!
Best Time to Visit Badrinath by Road:
The best time to visit Badrinath by road is during the summer months of April to June and the autumn months of September to November. During these months, the weather is clear and the roads are in good condition, making it easy to travel. However, one must avoid traveling during the monsoon season as the roads can become dangerous due to landslides and heavy rainfall.
Let us help you discover some of the best routes so your trip from Haridwar to Badrinath by road is nothing short of amazing!
Popular Routes to take from Haridwar to reach Badrinath :
There are two main routes to reach Badrinath from Haridwar by road:
- Route 1- Haridwar-Rishikesh-Rudraprayag-Chamoli-Badrinath: This is the most popular and fastest route to reach Badrinath from Haridwar. The route is approximately 320 km long and takes around 10-12 hours to complete. The road passes through some of the most picturesque valleys, towns and villages of Uttarakhand, offering breathtaking views of the Himalayas.
- Route 2- Haridwar-Dehradun-Mussoorie-Yamunotri-Gangotri-Kedarnath-Badrinath: This is a longer and less traveled route from Haridwar to Badrinath, covering a distance of approximately 525 km and taking around 18-20 hours to complete. The route takes you through the four sacred shrines of Yamunotri, Gangotri, Kedarnath and Badrinath, also known as the Chota Char Dham Yatra. The road passes through some of the most scenic and spiritual destinations in Uttarakhand, offering a unique travel experience.
Places to Visit Along the Route:
- Rishikesh – Rishikesh, Known as the “Yoga Capital of the World”, is a spiritual and cultural hub, and a popular destination for adventure sports like rafting and bungee jumping.
- Devprayag – The confluence of the Alaknanda and Bhagirathi rivers, Devprayag is a holy town known for its ancient temples and scenic beauty.
- Rudraprayag – Another holy town, Rudraprayag is known for its mesmerizing location at the confluence of the Mandakini and Alaknanda rivers.
- Karnaprayag – A small town known for its ancient temples and scenic beauty, Karnaprayag is located at the confluence of the Alaknanda and Pindar rivers.
- Joshimath – A popular destination for skiing and trekking, Joshimath is a picturesque town situated in the Chamoli district of Uttarakhand.
Places to Eat Along the Route:
- Chotiwala Restaurant – Located in Rishikesh, Chotiwala Restaurant is a popular vegetarian restaurant known for its North Indian cuisine.
- Café Nirvana – A popular café in Rudraprayag known for its coffee and snacks.
- The Green Italian Restaurant – Located in Joshimath, The Green Italian Restaurant is a popular restaurant known for its Italian cuisine.
- Urvashi Restaurant – A popular restaurant in Badrinath, serves a variety of North Indian and South Indian dishes.
Download our Savaari car Booking app for a smooth and pleasant journey