Bangalore, officially known as Bengaluru, is the capital city of the Indian state of Karnataka. It is a bustling metropolitan city and is known for its pleasant climate and vibrant nightlife. Bangalore is a hub for several industries, including information technology, biotechnology, and aerospace. The city is also famous for its rich cultural heritage, with several temples, museums, and art galleries scattered throughout. It is home to people from diverse backgrounds and is known for its lively nightlife, street food, and coffee culture. When you book a Kolar car rental with Savaari, the most noteworthy part of it is that you can turn a simple drive into an experiential road trip.
Best Time to Visit Bangalore by Road:
The best time to visit Bangalore by road is from October to February, when the weather is pleasant and the city is adorned with greenery. The temperature during these months ranges between 15 to 28 degrees Celsius, making it an ideal time for outdoor activities and sightseeing. However, one should avoid visiting Bangalore during the monsoon season (June to September) as the roads can become congested due to heavy rainfall.
Popular Routes to Take from Kolar to Reach Bangalore:
Let us help you discover some of the best routes so your trip from Kolar to Bangalore by road is nothing short of amazing!
There are two popular routes to reach Bangalore from Kolar by road:
- Route 1- Kolar to Bangalore Via NH 44: This is the most popular route with a distance of approximately 70 km. The road passes through several towns and cities and offers scenic views of the countryside.
- Route 2- Kolar to Bangalore Via NH 648: This route takes around 2 hours to cover a distance of approximately 80 km. The road passes through several small towns and villages and is known for its scenic beauty.
Places to Visit Along the Route:
There are several places that one can visit along the route from Kolar to Bangalore:
- Nandi Hills: This is a popular hill station located near Bangalore. It offers stunning views of the hills and valleys and is known for its cool weather and landscape beauty.
- Bannerghatta National Park: This is a popular wildlife sanctuary located on the outskirts of Bangalore. It is home to several species of animals, birds, and reptiles and offers visitors the opportunity to go on jungle safaris and nature walks.
- Lalbagh Botanical Gardens: This is a beautiful park located in the heart of Bangalore. It features several exotic plants and trees, a serene lake, and a glasshouse that houses several varieties of flowers and plants.
Places to Eat Along the Route:
There are several restaurants along the route from Kolar to Bangalore:
- Kamat Upachar: This is a popular chain of vegetarian restaurants located along the route. It serves delicious South Indian food and snacks.
- Shivaji Military Hotel: This is a must-visit place for meat lovers. Located on NH 648, this restaurant serves mouth-watering non-vegetarian dishes like Biryani, Kebabs, and Tandoori Chicken.
- Indian Paratha Company: Located on NH 44, this restaurant is a great option for breakfast or brunch. It serves a variety of parathas, along with other North Indian dishes like Chole Bhature, Pav Bhaji, and Lassi.
- MTR: This is a famous vegetarian restaurant located in Bangalore. It is known for its delicious South Indian food, particularly the Rava Idli and Masala Dosa.
Download our Savaari car Booking app for a smooth and pleasant journey