Pune, also known as Poona, is located in the western Indian state of Maharashtra. Pune is also famous for its rich history, vibrant culture, and thriving economy. Pune is a popular destination for tourists who are looking to explore the rich cultural heritage of Maharashtra and also for those who are looking for adventure sports like trekking and camping in the nearby hills. It is a well-connected city and is easily accessible by road, rail, and air from other parts of the country. When you book a Kolhapur car rental with Savaari, the most noteworthy part of it is that you can turn a simple drive into an experiential road trip.
Best Time to Visit Pune by Road:
The best time to visit Pune by road is between October and March when the weather is pleasant and ideal for exploring the city. During monsoon season , it is difficult to travel by road as heavy rainfall can cause landslides in some parts of the city, making it difficult to travel by road.
Let us help you discover some of the best routes so your trip from Kolhapur to Pune by road is nothing short of amazing!
Popular Route to take from Kolhapur to reach Pune:
There are two popular routes to travel from Kolhapur to reach Pune by road:
- Route 1- Kolhapur to Pune Via Karad – Satara – Shirwal Via NH 48 Route: This is the fastest route to reach Pune from Kolhapur This route covers a distance of approximately 230 km and takes around 4-5 hours to reach Pune. The route passes through Karad, Satara, and Shirwal.
- Route 2- Kolhapur-Satara-Pune Route: This route covers a distance of approximately 240 km and takes around 5-6 hours to reach Pune. The route passes through Karad, Malkapur, and Shirwal, and offers scenic views of the Western Ghats.
Both routes are well-maintained and offer a comfortable driving experience. It is advisable to check the weather and road conditions before embarking on the journey.
Places to Visit Along the Route:
- Amba Ghat: It is a scenic mountain pass located on the way to Pune from Kolhapur. The pass is surrounded by forests.
- Thoseghar Waterfall: It is a beautiful waterfall located near the village of Thoseghar, around 35 kilometers from Satara. The waterfall is a popular spot and attracts a large number of tourists during the monsoon season.
- Rajgad Fort: It is a hill fort located near Pune and was the capital of the Maratha Empire under Shivaji Maharaj.
Places to Eat Along the Route:
- Hotel Samrat: It is a popular restaurant located on the Pune-Bangalore highway, known for its delicious Maharashtrian cuisine.
- Hotel Kinara: It is a vegetarian restaurant located on the way to Thoseghar Waterfall, known for its authentic Maharashtrian thali.
- Rasraj Garden Restaurant: It is a garden restaurant located on the way to Pune from Kolhapur, known for its lip-smacking non-vegetarian delicacies.
Download our Savaari car Booking app for a smooth and pleasant journey.