Pune, located in the western region of India, is commonly referred to as the cultural capital of Maharashtra and is a vibrant city that attracts visitors from all over the world. It is well-known for its rich history, vibrant nightlife, and delectable cuisine. Journeying from Lonavala to Pune by road is a well-traveled route favored by both locals and tourists. Book Lonavala car rental with Savaari and get the best experience of your trip.
Best time to visit Pune by road:
The ideal time to visit Pune by road is during the winter months, from October to February. The weather is pleasant during this time, making it perfect for outdoor activities and sightseeing.
Let us help you discover some of the best routes so your trip from Lonavala to Pune by road is nothing short of amazing!
Popular route to take from Lonavala to reach Pune:
The most popular route to take from Lonavala to Pune is via the Mumbai-Pune Expressway, which is a six-lane toll highway that connects Mumbai and Pune. The distance between Lonavala and Pune is around 67 km, and it takes approximately 1 hour and 30 minutes to cover the distance by road.
Places to visit along the route:
- Karla Caves: Located around 11 km from Lonavala, The Karla Caves, dating back to the 2nd century BC, are a collection of ancient Buddhist rock-cut caves. These caves are well-known for their intricate carvings and sculptures.
- Bhushi Dam: Located around 7 km from Lonavala, The Bhushi Dam, a popular picnic destination, provides stunning panoramic views of the surrounding hills and valleys. The dam is built across the Indrayani River and is surrounded by lush greenery.
- Aga Khan Palace: Located in Pune, the Aga Khan Palace is a historic palace that was built in 1892. It served as a prison for Indian freedom fighters during the British Raj and is now a national monument.
- Shaniwar Wada: Located in Pune, the Shaniwar Wada is a historic palace fort that was built in 1732. It served as the seat of the Peshwa rulers of the Maratha Empire until it was destroyed by a fire in 1828.
Places to eat along the route:
- Rangoli Restaurant: Located in Lonavala, Rangoli Restaurant serves a wide range of Indian and Chinese dishes. Their specialties include biryani, tandoori chicken, and seafood.
- Sunny Da Dhaba: Located on the Mumbai-Pune Expressway, Sunny Da Dhaba is a popular roadside eatery that serves delicious Punjabi cuisine. Their specialties include butter chicken, naan, and lassi.
- German Bakery: Located in Pune, A well-liked bakery, the German Bakery offers an extensive selection of baked delicacies, such as bread, cakes, and pastries. Their specialties include apple pie, croissants, and brownies.
Conclusion: Traveling from Lonavala to Pune by road is a popular route that offers breathtaking views of the surrounding hills and valleys. Whether you’re interested in exploring ancient Buddhist rock-cut caves, historic palaces, or simply indulging in delicious cuisine, there’s something for everyone along this route.
Download our Savaari car Booking app for a smooth and pleasant journey.