Shirdi is a small town located in the Ahmednagar district of the western Indian state of Maharashtra. It is known for the famous Shirdi Sai Baba Temple, which attracts millions of devotees every year. Apart from the temple, Shirdi is also known for its beautiful landscapes, historical sites, and delicious food. When you book a Malegaon car rental with Savaari, the most noteworthy part of it is that you can turn a simple drive into an experiential road trip.
Best Time to Visit Shirdi by Road:
The best time to visit Shirdi by road is during the winters. The weather during this time is pleasant, making it an ideal time to explore the town. The summer months it can be quite hot, with temperatures exceeding 40°C, while the monsoon season from June to October can make the roads slippery and difficult to navigate.
Popular Route to Take from Malegaon to Reach Shirdi:
Let us help you discover some of the best routes so your trip from Malegaon to Shirdi by road is nothing short of amazing!
There are a few popular routes to take from Malegaon to reach Shirdi by road:
- Route 1- Malegaon to Shirdi Via NH60: This is the most popular route and takes approximately 2 hours to cover a distance of approximately 90 km. The route takes you through the picturesque landscape, including small villages, mountains, and forests.
- Route 2- Malegaon to Shirdi Via NH160: This route takes you through the town of Lasalgaon, which is known for its onion production. The route offers breathtaking views of the surrounding hills and valleys and is a good option for those who want to explore the region’s natural beauty.
- Route 3- Malegaon to Shirdi Via NH61: This route takes you through the town of Yeola, which is known for its textile industry. The route offers stunning views of the countryside and is a good option for those looking for a leisurely drive.
Places to Visit Along the Route:
- Neemgaon: Neemgaon is a small village located along the route from Malegaon to Shirdi. The village also has a small temple dedicated to Lord Hanuman.
- Bhandardara: Bhandardara is a small town located approximately 70 km from Malegaon. The town offers stunning views of the Sahyadri Mountains. Bhandardara is also home to the famous Wilson Dam and Arthur Lake.
- Shani Shingnapur: Shani Shingnapur is a small village located approximately 50 km from Shirdi. The village is known for its Shani Temple, which is dedicated to Lord Shani.
Places to Eat Along the Route:
- Sanket Restaurant: Sanket Restaurant is located in Sinnar, which is approximately halfway between Malegaon and Shirdi. The restaurant serves a range of veg and non-veg cuisine and is a popular stop for travelers.
- Hotel Aangan: Hotel Aangan is located in Shirdi and serves a range of vegetarian and non-vegetarian dishes. The restaurant is known for its authentic Maharashtrian cuisine and is a great place to try local delicacies.
- Saish: Saish is a popular restaurant located near the Shirdi Sai Baba Temple. The restaurant serves a range of vegetarian dishes and is known for its thali meals.
Download our Savaari car Booking app for a smooth and pleasant journey