Bangalore – a city that was once recognized by its tech industry, is now a colorful collage of cultures and businesses, making the Silicon Valley of India the most vibrant metro city of the south. An IT hub, Bangalore is one of the poster cities for urban India.
Use this ready-made guide from Savaari when you take a road trip from Mysore to Bangalore. We will take you through a gorgeous route with breathtaking monuments, hidden gems, and also eateries en route.
Table of Contents
- Why travel from Mysore to Bangalore?
- Travelling from Mysore to Bangalore by car
- Best Time To Visit
- Popular Routes from Mysore to Bangalore
- Mysore to Bangalore Best Route
- How to Reach Bangalore By Train
- How to Reach Bangalore By Flight
- Attractions in Bangalore for Sightseeing
- Savaari Recommends – Popular Places to Eat in Bangalore
- Hotels and resorts – Accommodation in Bangalore
Why travel from Mysore to Bangalore?
Bangalore is vibrant and has much to offer including gardens, temples, monuments, museums, pubs and great nightlife. You can make your Bangalore experience more interesting when you drive from Mysore in a Savaari cab. With our customizable trip plans and itineraries, you can do more than just a regular road trip, and enjoy a comfortable ride, while making your journey interesting at the same time.
Traveling from Mysore to Bangalore by car
A road trip from Mysore to Bangalore by car is one of the best ways to experience the roads that connect the City of Palaces to the Garden City. When you book Mysore to Bangalore trip with us, you can enjoy a ride through the smaller towns and rural areas of Karnataka, before you enter the charming metro city. You will pass through some popular and offbeat locales as well as some of the most fascinating vistas and nature hotspots, on your Bangalore trip from Mysore. With our completely customizable Mysore to Bangalore trip packages, you can stop at any of these places and do a quick sightseeing.
Let us help you discover the best routes to travel from Mysore to Bangalore by car.
Best Time To Visit
Sitting roughly 1000 feet from the sea and surrounded by the hills of Western Ghats, the city of Bangalore enjoys pleasant weather all year round. The winters are cool and breezy, summers are warm but not humid like most cities in India. Monsoons, however, can be rough and the city experiences heavy rainfall from July to September. So, if you want to experience the best of Bangalore, plan your travel in the dry and colder months.
Popular Routes from Mysore to Bangalore
Route 1: Mysore to Bangalore via Mysore Road/ NH275
This is the shortest and fastest route to cover the Mysore to Bangalore distance which is approximately 145 KM. You can most probably expect regular Mysore to Bangalore traffic, but certainly no severe congestion. So it is certainly important that you check for live traffic updates and follow real-time maps to get a better idea of road conditions.
Here’s a basic Mysore to Bangalore road map for this route:
|Mysore -> Srirangapatna -> Mandya -> Maddur -> Channapatna -> Ramanagara -> Bidadi -> Bangalore|
Popular places along the way:
- Ranganathitthu Bird Sanctuary, Srirangapatna: About 16 KM away Mysore, you will pass through the forests of Ranganathittu, home to one of the largest bird sanctuaries of the state.
- Channapatna: As you cross the town, you will find local artisans selling handcrafted wooden toys, exclusive to this locale.
- Janapada Loka open-air museum, Ramanagara: Stop by this unique kind of conservatory for local arts and crafts, depicting regional culture and traditions. With ample greenery of the neighboring Doddamannagudde Forest and wildlife, this is a rather perfect blend of nature and history.
- Kanva Reservoir, Ramanagara: Take a detour towards Kunigal Main Road to reach this expansive lake which is also surrounded only by hills and grassy meadows.
- Ramdevara Betta Vulture Sanctuary, Ramanagara: Tucked within the mountainous areas off the highway, there is a natural reserve that houses a huge population of vultures and is certainly one of its kind in the country.
Places to eat on this route:
- Thotada Mane, Srirangapatna: Local restaurant serving traditional meals and is quite popular among travelers.
- Maddur Tiffany’s, Mandya: Stop here for their house specialty – Maddur Vada.
- Kamat Lokaruchi: A popular highway restaurant for travelers serving only vegetarian meals from breakfast through dinner.
Mysore to Bangalore Road Condition via route 1:
The Mysore to Bangalore road condition via Mysore Road is excellent. It is the fastest route, has tolls but no road closure.
Route 2: Mysore to Bangalore via NH948
This is a slightly longer route to cover and is approximately 160 KM. While there is no severe congestion, you could expect a little traffic during weekends or holidays, or during any roadwork. Therefore, no matter which route you take, always check for traffic updates and follow live maps.
Here’s a basic Mysore to Bangalore road map for this route:
|Mysore -> Bannur -> Malavalli -> Hagalur -> Kanakpura -> Harohalli -> Bangalore|
Popular places along the way:
- Talakadu, Malavalli: A few kilometers from the Shivanasamudra Waterfall, this ancient site houses more than 30 buried temples around the Cauvery River.
- Shivanasamudra Waterfall, Malavalli: Take a detour from the highway at Malavalli to reach this scenic waterfall, which assumes enhanced beauty during the rainy season.
- Chunchi Falls, Kanakapura: The gorgeous waterfall sits remotely from the Kanakapura town. Hence, it’s rocky setting along with the surrounding greenery are reasons perfect enough to stop for a quick picnic on a road trip.
- Mekedatu Dam & Reservoir, Kanakapura: What seems like a freshwater reservoir, you can certainly stop here for a refreshing break.
Places to eat on this route:
- Gokul Vegetarian Restaurant, Kallahalli: This humble eatery on the highway serves almost all vegetarian and North Indian dishes.
- NH 209 Family Garden Restaurant, Bolare: Another popular highway restaurant with garden seating, ideal for families.
Mysore to Bangalore Road Condition via route 2:
The Mysore to Bangalore road condition via NH948 is good. It is longer and takes more time than the previous route, has tolls but no road closure.
Mysore to Bangalore Best Route
Both the above routes are good for traveling from Mysore to Bangalore. Each of them have interesting stopovers and a good number of food stops. However, Mysore Road has more scenic sightseeing spots and photography points along the way. Hence, if you want to save time and still enjoy a gorgeous roadtrip, then route 1 is your best option.
Other means of traveling from Mysore to Bangalore
You can also travel from Mysore to Bangalore by trains or flights.
How to Reach Bangalore By Train
You can also cover the Mysore to Bangalore distance by train, which is available daily. There are around 25 trains that ply between Mysore and Bangalore, of which 14 ply daily. So you can visit the Indian Railways website for your Mysore to Bangalore train bookings, or choose your options from the multiple online portals. The fastest train is Shatabdi Express (06081). The total time taken from Mysore to Bangalore can vary from 2 to 5 hours, depending upon the train you choose. Therefore, for the updated Mysore to Bangalore train timings, check with IRCTC for their latest timetables.
How to Reach Bangalore By Flight
You can also fly from Mysore to Bangalore. There are one or two flights between these two cities daily. The nearest airport is Kempegowda International Airport (BLR), which is about 40 KM from the city center.
The average Mysore to Bangalore flight duration is 1 hour, and usually costs between Rs 1100 to 1700 depending on the airline, flight route, booking window, available deals, and the travel season. For your Mysore to Bangalore flight booking, visit any online travel portal or check with airlines’ direct website. You can hire a reliable Bangalore airport taxi for a convenient ride to your hotel in the city.
Attractions for Sightseeing in Bangalore
Apart from beautiful public gardens and parks, the Garden City has a host of other interesting things to see and do. Sitting in the heart of South India, flanked by all the states of the region, Bangalore and its vicinity is blessed with endless natural and man-made wonders, making this the perfect starting point for uncountable road trips and places to visit nearby. With wide stretches of national and state highways crisscrossing the state, you can be anywhere, anytime, within a few hours’ drive. Check out the best road trips you can embark on for a quick weekend getaway from Bangalore. Here are some of the best places to visit in Bangalore:
- Cubbon Park – The biggest patch of greenery of the city, great for walks, jogs, or simply relaxing in the shaded areas.
- Lalbagh Botanical Garden – A public garden housing exotic plants, trees, flowers, along with a museum and an exhibition venue.
- Vidhan Souda – The city hall with all major government offices, known for its brilliant architecture.
- Ulsoor Lake – the biggest water body of the city, surrounded by ample greenery and jogger’s park.
- Jayachamarajendra Museum & Gallery – A public gallery with museum, preserving the city’s history and heritage.
- St. Mary’s Basilica – The oldest church of the city, located in the Archdiocese of Bangalore, known for its splendid Gothic architecture with carved arches, ornamental motifs, and stained-glass windows
You can hire a car rental in Bangalore to visit all these major tourist places with ease and comfort.
Savaari recommends – Popular places to eat in Bangalore
Being a cosmopolitan metro city, Bangalore’s food culture is influenced by all the communities that have settled in the city for generations, making it a melting pot of various cuisines from home and abroad.
To sample the best of classic and contemporary, Indian and international flavors, explore these places in Bangalore.
- Only Place, Museum Rd, near Post Office, Shanthala Nagar, Ashok Nagar
- Lantern Restaurant, 99, Residency Rd, Shanthala Nagar, Ashok Nagar
- The Hole in the Wall Café, 8th Main Rd, Koramangala 4th Block, Koramangala
- Toit Brewpub, 100 Feet Road, Near-Drops Total Spirits, Indiranagar
- Vidyarthi Bhavan, Gandhi Bazaar Main Road
- Arogya Ahaara, HSR Layout 5th Sector
Hotels and Resorts in Bangalore
|Place Name||Address||Contact Number|
|The Leela Palace||23, HAL Old Airport Rd, HAL 2nd Stage, Kodihalli, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560008||080 2521 1234|
|ITC Gardenia-A Luxury Collection Hotel||1, Residency Rd, Ashok Nagar, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560025||080 2211 9898|
|Golden Lotus Boutique Suites||149, Richmond Road, Rathna Avenue, Craig Park Layout, Ashok Nagar, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560025||091486 50149|
|Eagleton The Golf Resort||Off Bangalore – Mysore Highway, Shyanamangala Cross, Bidadi, Bengaluru, Karnataka 562109||080 2263 2222|
|Vivanta Bengaluru||66, Residency Rd, Ashok Nagar, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560025||080 666 04545|
Things to Keep in Mind While Traveling to Bangalore
- Bangalore is a central location for many treks and camping tours around South India. You can use the city as a base and go for treks.
- Always wear a mask in public places in Bangalore, the state government has imposed a fine for not following Covid-rules.
- Check for current curfew hours at night.
- Pandemic rules may affect visiting hours of tourist sites and restaurants. Check online or call before you visit.
Savaari Safety Tips for Road Trips from Mysore to Bangalore
- Carry all hygiene-related items – sanitizer, masks, disinfectant sprays, and a bed sheet to cover the seat with, while traveling.
- Use a hand sanitizer before and after your ride.
- Install the Aarogya Setu app before your trip.
- Running the AC continuously during the trip is not recommended. If you were to use the AC, please ensure that it is run in the recirculated mode and the windows are lowered at frequent intervals.
- Dispose of any tissues or pieces of cloth that you may have used outside the car.
- If you have opted for a car rental service, try to load your luggage in the boot of the car yourself to ensure a zero-contact ride.
- Maintain a safe distance between yourself and the driver.
- Download our savaari car rental app for a smooth and pleasant journey.
Download our savaari car rental app for a smooth and pleasant journey