Rajnandgaon is a city located in the state of Chhattisgarh, India. It is known for its rich cultural heritage, ancient temples, and beautiful landscapes. The city has a perfect blend of history, religion, and nature, making it a popular destination for tourists. When you book a Raipur car rental with Savaari, the most noteworthy part of it is that you can turn a simple drive into an experiential road trip.
Best Time to Visit Rajnandgaon by Road:
The best time to visit Rajnandgaon by road is during October to February, when the temperature is mild. The summer season, from March to June, is also a great time to visit if you are comfortable with the hot and humid weather.
Let us help you discover some of the best routes so your trip from Raipur to Rajnandgaon by road is nothing short of amazing in a Savaari cab.
Popular Routes to take from Raipur to reach Rajnandgaon :
There are two popular routes to take from Raipur to reach Rajnandgaon by road:
- Route 1- Raipur to Rajnandgaon Via NH 53: This route covers a distance of approximately 75 km and takes around 2 hours to reach. You will have to take NH 53 from Raipur towards Rajnandgaon.
- Route 2- Raipur to Rajnandgaon Via NH 130A: This route covers a distance of approximately 80 km and takes around 2.5 hours to reach. You will have to take NH 130A from Raipur towards Rajnandgaon.
Both these routes are well-maintained and offer beautiful scenic views of the surrounding countryside.
Places to Visit Along the Route:
- Dongargarh: Located approximately 42 km from Rajnandgaon, Dongargarh is known for the Maa Bamleshwari Temple, which is situated atop a hill and offers panoramic views of the surrounding valley. The town is also famous for its street food, especially the Dongargarh chaat and samosas.
- Sitanadi Wildlife Sanctuary: Located approximately 80 km from Rajnandgaon, Sitanadi Wildlife Sanctuary has a variety of flora and fauna, including tigers, leopards, and deer. The sanctuary also boasts of beautiful waterfalls and gorges, making it a must-visit destination for nature lovers.
- Rajnandgaon: The city of Rajnandgaon has a rich cultural heritage and is home to different ancient temples and historical sites, including the Kedar Ghati Temple, Bambleshwari Temple, and the Rajnandgaon Palace.
Places to Eat Along the Route:
- Highway Delite: Located on NH 53, Highway Delite is a popular restaurant that offers a range of Indian and Chinese dishes.
- Rakesh Chicken: Located on NH 130A, Rakesh Chicken is a popular roadside eatery that serves delicious chicken dishes.
- Hotel Chandrahas: Located in Dongargarh, Hotel Chandrahas is a popular restaurant that serves a range of North Indian and Chinese dishes.
- Rajnandgaon: There are several small restaurants and food stalls in Rajnandgaon that serve a range of local and North Indian dishes. Some popular options include Goyal Sweets and Bakers, Sheetal Bhojanalaya, and Anand Sweets.
Download our Savaari car booking app for a smooth and pleasant journey. Get an exclusive offer on downloading our app.