If you are looking for a healthy mix of a modern metro environment and ancient traditions, then Hyderabad is where you might want to be. The capital city of the Telangana state, Hyderabad is strategically located, making for a center point for many interesting travel hot spots in the region. Additionally, if you’re planning to visit the famous Ramoji Film City, located just a short drive away from Hyderabad, you’ll have the opportunity to experience both the glitz and glamour of the film industry and the rich cultural heritage of the city. Hyderabad truly offers a blend of the contemporary and the historical, making it a unique destination for travelers seeking a diverse experience.
Table of Contents
- Why travel from Ramoji Film City to Hyderabad?
- Traveling from Ramoji Film City to Hyderabad by car
- Best time to visit
- Popular routes to travel from Ramoji Film City to Hyderabad
- Other means of traveling
- Attractions in Hyderabad for sightseeing
- Savaari recommends – Popular places to eat in Hyderabad
- Hotels and Resorts – Accommodation in Hyderabad
Why travel from Ramoji Film City to Hyderabad?
Hyderabad, the ‘city of Nizams’ has a long and varied history spanning hundreds of years with a number of beautiful monuments, palaces and forts to show for it. It is also a city that is incredibly youthful and energetic with malls, pubs and excellent food. When you take a road trip from Ramoji Film City, you can enhance your experience by enjoying everything that lies on the way. With a Savaari, you can turn your drive into a fun-filled journey and also customize the trip to your liking, travel time, and budget.
Traveling from Ramoji Film City to Hyderabad by Car
The roads between Ramoji Film City and Hyderabad make for one of the shortest drives from the city. The route passes through the suburban areas of the capital and passes a few historic and religious sites on the way. On your way, you will pass areas like Omerkhan Daira, Hayathnagar, and LB Nagar, depending on which route you take. With our completely customizable Ramoji Film City and Hyderabad trip packages, you can sample the famous Hyderabadi cuisine at local restaurants, stop at any of these places and do a quick sightseeing. Let us help you discover the best routes to travel from Ramoji Film City to Hyderabad by car.
Best time to visit
The weather in Hyderabad is the same as that in Ramoji Film City. Being landlocked and sitting in the heart of the Deccan Plateau, Hyderabad experiences a hot and humid climate most parts of the year. The summers can get hot and humid, if you are planning a lot of outdoor trips. The best time to explore the city and its surroundings are in the winter months. The temperature remains comfortable, making it perfect to explore as much as you want.
Popular routes from Ramoji Film City to Hyderabad
Route 1: Distance and time taken from Ramoji Film City to Hyderabad via NH65
This is the shortest, fastest, and most popular route to travel from Ramoji Film City to Hyderabad. It is also the primary route used by most interstate travelers/tourists. The traffic on this route is also minimal, and there are no road closures like on other inner roads. There may be tolls on the way. Ramoji Film City to Hyderabad distance on this route is only and takes about 33.1 KM and takes a little more than an hour. Always check live maps and instant traffic updates for the latest information on Ramoji Film City to Hyderabad road conditions.
Here’s the basic route map from Ramoji Film City to Hyderabad –
|Ramoji Film City > Pedda Amberpet > Hayathnagar Khalsa > Bahadurguda LB > Hyderabad|
Popular sights/monuments that you will encounter along this route:
- Sanghi Temple, Omerkhan Daira – A hilltop Hindu temple complex with shrines, ornate marble structures, and a landscaped garden; good for a short tour and treks around the area.
- Mahavir Harina Vanasthali National Park, Hayathnagar – Spreading over 3605 acres of wilderness, this is the largest green patch of Hyderabad; good for a day hike or jungle treks.
- Huda Park, Uday Nagar – A local park with sprawling lawns, shady trees, kids’ pool, play areas, and walkways, good for a picnic or afternoon rest.
Places to eat along this route:
- A1 Biryani House, Pedda Amberpet – Popular highway side eatery serving Hyderabadi biryani and other local dishes, good for lunch and dinner, kid-friendly.
- The Food Park Restaurant, Vanasthalipuram – A food court outside the national park serving a café menu, quick meals, and a children’s play area; good for quick stops and big groups.
- Brahmani Multi Cuisine Family Restaurant, Dilsukhnagar – Standard highway-side family restaurant serving multi-cuisine meals in a casual setting, good for groups, kid-friendly.
Ramoji Film City to Hyderabad Condition via route 1:
This is the shortest and fastest route to travel from Ramoji Film City to Hyderabad and is used by regular travelers. This route has standard highway tolls and the road conditions are great since there are no road closures as of July 2022.
Route 2: Distance and Time taken from Ramoji Film City to Hyderabad via Hyderabad-Nagarjuna Sagar Road/Nagarjuna Sagar Road
This is the alternative route to travel from Ramoji Film City to Hyderabad. Although this is a shorter distance, it takes longer than the previous route. The distance between Ramoji Film City and Hyderabad on this route is about 40 KM and takes a little over an hour. Always check live maps and instant traffic updates for the latest information on Ramoji Film City to Hyderabad road conditions.
Here’s the basic route map from Ramoji Film City to Hyderabad-
|Ramoji Film City > Koheda > Neeladri Nagar > Saroornagar > Hyderabad|
Popular sights/monuments that you will encounter along this route:
- Koheda Gutta, Koheda – A rocky outcrop on a hilly locale with a temple, offering panoramic views of the plains; good for sunrise and sunset views.
- Injapur Lake, Off SH19 – Local waterbody with a promenade and walking trail, good for picnics, tea breaks, or a quick tour.
- Rajiv Gandhi Park, Vanasthalipuram – Popular for jogging & outdoor yoga, this garden-like park has lawns & playgrounds under tall trees.
- Priyadarshini Park, Saroornagar – A sprawling, 20-acre park, this green patch boasts a waterbody with banks and promenade, an Olympic-level running track, tennis court, and open gym, and it’s worth a short tour.
Places to eat along this route:
- Archana Family Restaurant and Garden, Khanguda – Highway side restaurant set on farmland, serving dhaba-style food, and meal plates, good for big groups.
- Kritunga restaurant, BN Reddy Nagar – Casual restaurant serving vegetarian and non-vegetarian menu, good for lunch and dinner.
- Garam Masala Family Restaurant, Saroornagar East – Standard city restaurant serving multi-cuisine meals in a casual setting, good for families, and big groups.
Ramoji Film City to Hyderabad Condition via route 2:
This route is also good to travel from Ramoji Film City to Hyderabad and is used by many travelers and daily commuters. There are no tolls on this route. The traffic on this route is minimal with no road closures as of July 2022.
Ramoji Film City to Hyderabad City Best Route:
Both the above routes are good to travel from Ramoji Film City to Hyderabady. But the second route seems more scenic with plenty of pit stops and food options. However, the first route seems faster with minimum traffic, maximum highway access, and better road quality. If you want to travel faster, then route 1 is a better choice but if you want a wholesome drive, then opt for route 2.
Other means of traveling from Ramoji Film City to Hyderabad
There is no railway service between Ramoji Film City and Hyderabad. However, you can take the local metro. The nearest metro station is LB Nagar, which is located at a distance of 12KM from the film city. You can book a cab to travel comfortably to Hyderabad from Ramoji Film City.
There is no flight service between Ramoji Film City to Hyderabad. The nearest airport is in Hyderabad, the ending point of this route. Hence, the best way to reach Hyderabad is to book a cab or rent a local car and travel by road.
Attractions in Hyderabad for Sightseeing
A land of the Nizams, the city of Hyderabad still holds on its ancient royalty, heritage, and all things regal. But the city is more than its historical architecture and antique vibes. The modern-day Hyderabad paints a very different picture of what this metro is all about. If there are historic monuments and Mughal era palaces on one side, there are swanky, glass edifices, and creative contemporary constructions towering over its history. There are endless possibilities for long vacations or quick weekend getaways from Hyderabad, every few hundred miles. Check out the best road trips you can embark on for a quick weekend getaway from Hyderabad.
- Charminar – This Mughal-era monument is synonymous with the city, known for ornate pillars and four distinguished minarets.
- Sudha Car Museum – Brainchild of an automobile hobbyist, a holder of the Guinness Book of World Records, the museum boasts the largest collection of handmade, miniature automobiles including vintage and modern cars, buses, motorbikes, and bicycles.
- Chowmahalla Palace – The official residence of the Nizams, known for its magnificent architecture, and a display of cars used by the royal families.
- NTR Gardens – An expansive public garden with interesting topiaries, exotic floral plants, treehouses, musical fountains, and a toy-train ride for kids
- Shilparamam – An art community in a village-themed setting. It hosts works of local artists and artisans, exhibitions of artworks, handcrafted souvenirs, installations, etc.
- Lumbini Park and Hussain Sagar Lake – A public garden with exotic Bonsais, flower displays, musical fountains, and beautiful topiaries, sitting on the banks of the Hussain Sagar Lake. Don’t forget to watch the fountain laser show and the 72 feet Buddha statue nearby.
Savaari recommends – Popular places to eat in Hyderabad
Hyderabad is known for its rich culinary legacy, influenced by the Nizams and Nawabs of the Mughal era. The city’s gastronomic fare is heavily dominated by traditional flavors, but you can also find a lot of contemporary cuisines.
These are some of the best places to sample the local flavors of Hyderabad –
- Okra, Hyderabad Marriott Hotel & Convention Center, Tank Bund Road, opposite to Hussain Sagar Lake
- Tatva, Hyderabad Marriott Hotel & Convention Center, Tank Bund Road, opposite to Hussain Sagar Lake
- Jewel of Nizam – The Minar, The Golkonda Resort, Gandipet
- Tre-Forni Bar & Restaurant, Road Number 2, Sri Nagar Colony, Kamalapuri Colony, Banjara Hills
- Bidri, Ground Hyderabad Marriott Hotel & Convention Center Hussain Sagar Lake, Tank Bund Rd, Secunderabad
Hotels and Resorts in Hyderabad
|Place Name||Address||Phone Number|
|Taj Falaknuma Palace, Hyderabad||Engine Bowli, Falaknuma, Hyderabad, Telangana 500053||040 6629 8585|
|Mrugavani Resort and Spa||National Deer Park, Chilkur Balaji Temple Rd, opp. Mrugavani, Hyderabad, Telangana 500075||083339 22955|
|Le Meridien Hyderabad||Plot No, 132, Gachibowli – Miyapur Rd, Jayabheri Enclave, Gachibowli, Hyderabad, Telangana 500032||040 4286 5550|
|The Golkonda Resorts & Spa||Sagar Mahal Complex, Near, Osman Sagar Lake, Gandipet, Telangana 500075||040 3069 6969|
|Ananya Eco Resorts||2/B, High Court Colony, Vanasthalipuram, Hyderabad, Telangana 500070||095423 53535|
Download our savaari car rental app for a smooth and pleasant journey.
Roadtrips from Hyderabad
Embark on exciting road trips from Hyderabad and discover the charm of nearby destinations. From the majestic Golconda Fort, the tranquil Ramoji Film City, and the historic Charminar within the city limits, to the serene landscapes of Warangal, the architectural wonders of Bidar, and the picturesque hills of Nallamala Forest Range just a drive away, there’s a wealth of places to explore. Whether you seek adventure, history, or natural beauty, Hyderabad serves as the perfect starting point for memorable road journeys.