Delhi, officially known as the National Capital Territory of Delhi (NCT), is the capital city of India. The city is a perfect blend of old and new, with its historic landmarks and modern skyscrapers. Delhi is known for its food, shopping, and nightlife, making it a popular tourist destination. When you book a Shimla car rental with Savaari, the most noteworthy part of it is that you can turn a simple drive into an experiential road trip.
Best time to visit Delhi by Road:
The best time to visit Delhi by road is from October to March, when the weather is pleasant and comfortable for sightseeing and outdoor activities.
Let us help you discover some of the best routes so your trip from Shimla to Delhi by road is nothing short of amazing!
Popular Routes to take from Shimla to Reach Delhi:
There are different routes to travel from Shimla to Delhi by road. Here are some of the popular routes:
- Route 1- Shimla to Delhi Via Chandigarh- Ambala Via NH44: This is the most popular and the fastest route to reach Delhi from Shimla. It goes through Chandigarh and Ambala, covering a distance of around 350 km. The journey time is approximately 7-8 hours, depending on the traffic.
- Route 2- Shimla to Delhi Via Solan, Pachkula and Sonepat Via NH205 : This route goes through the towns of Solan, Panchkula, and Sonepat, covering a distance of around 400 km. It takes around 8-9 hours to reach Delhi from Shimla via this route.
- Route 3- Shimla to Delhi Via Shimla , Chandigarh and Panipat Via NH5 and NH44: This route goes through the towns of Shimla, Chandigarh, and Panipat, covering a distance of around 425 km. It takes around 9-10 hours to reach Delhi from Shimla via this route.
It is recommended to check the traffic and road conditions before choosing a route, as it can affect the journey time.
Places to Visit Along the Route:
- Pinjore Gardens: Located in Pinjore, these beautiful gardens are known for their Mughal-style architecture and lush greenery.
- Timber Trail: This is a popular cable car ride in Parwanoo, which offers breathtaking views of the surrounding hills and valleys.
- Morni Hills: This scenic hill station is located near Chandigarh and is known for its beautiful lakes and trekking trails.
- Qutub Minar: This historic monument in Delhi is a must-visit for its exquisite architecture and historical significance.
Places to Eat Along the Route:
- Cafe Sol in Shimla: This popular cafe is known for its delicious food and stunning views of the hills.
- Giani da Dhaba in Karnal: This iconic dhaba is known for its mouth-watering Punjabi food, especially the butter chicken and parathas.
- 1947 Restaurant in Murthal: This restaurant is known for its North Indian cuisine and is a popular stopover for travelers.
- Moolchand Parantha in Delhi: This roadside eatery is famous for its variety of parathas, and is a must-visit for foodies.
- Karim’s in Delhi: This iconic restaurant in Old Delhi is known for its Mughlai cuisine and is a must-visit for its delicious kebabs and biryanis.
Download our Savaari car Booking app for a smooth and pleasant journey.