Pelling is a beautiful hill station in the Indian state of Sikkim, located at an altitude of 2,150 meters above sea level. It is famous for its stunning views of the Kanchenjunga range and other Himalayan peaks, as well as its tranquil and peaceful atmosphere. Pelling is a popular destination among nature lovers, trekkers, and adventure enthusiasts. When you book a Siliguri car rental with Savaari, the most noteworthy part of it is that you can turn a simple drive into an experiential road trip.
Best Time to Visit Pelling by Road:
The best time to visit Pelling is between March to June and September and December. During these months, the weather is pleasant, and the sky is clear, providing excellent views of the mountains. The monsoon season should be avoided as landslides are common in the region.
Popular Routes to take from Siliguri to reach Pelling :
Let us help you discover some of the best routes so your trip from Siliguri to Pelling by road is nothing short of amazing!
Here are the popular routes to take from Siliguri to reach Pelling:
- Route 1-Siliguri – Jorethang – Pelling: This is the most popular and direct route to Pelling from Siliguri. It is approximately 140 kilometers long. The road passes through lush green forests, small towns, and tea gardens.
- Route 2- Siliguri – Kalimpong – Pelling: This route is slightly shorter than the Jorethang route. The road passes through Kalimpong, a popular hill station known for its monasteries, temples, and gardens. From Kalimpong, the road goes through several small towns and villages before reaching Pelling.
- Route 3- Siliguri – Darjeeling – Pelling: This route is the longest of the three, but it is also the most scenic. The road passes through Darjeeling, a famous hill station known for its tea estates and the Darjeeling Himalayan Railway. The road then winds through the mountains, passing through several small towns and villages before reaching Pelling. This route is around 155 kilometers long.
Places to Visit Along the Route:
- Kalimpong: This beautiful hill station is located on the way to Pelling and is known for its monasteries, temples, and gardens.
- Darjeeling: The famous hill station of Darjeeling is located about 70 kilometers from Pelling and is known for its tea estates, the Darjeeling Himalayan Railway, and stunning views of the mountains.
- Yuksom: This small town is located about 35 kilometers from Pelling and is the base camp for many trekking routes in the region. It is also known for its monasteries and historical significance.
Places to Eat Along the Route:
- Keventer’s: This famous restaurant in Darjeeling is known for its breakfast menu and offers a great view of the mountains.
- Mayfair Restaurant: This restaurant in Kalimpong offers a variety of cuisine, including Indian, Chinese, and Continental.
- Hotel Kanchenjunga: This restaurant in Pelling offers traditional Sikkimese cuisine and is a must-visit for food lovers.
The journey from Siliguri to Pelling by road is a scenic and memorable experience that offers breathtaking views of the mountains and the surrounding landscape. With several popular routes to take and plenty of places to visit and eat along the way, it is a must-do for anyone looking to explore the beauty of Sikkim.
Download our Savaari car Booking app for a smooth and pleasant journey