Pune is a city located in the western state of Maharashtra in India. Known for its rich history, vibrant culture, and picturesque surroundings, Pune has emerged as a popular tourist destination in recent years. The city boasts several historic landmarks, museums, and galleries, making it an excellent place for history buffs and art enthusiasts. By booking a Thane cab service with Savaari, you will have the flexibility to make multiple stops and explore nearby places
Best time to visit Pune by road:
The best time to visit Pune by road is between October and February when the weather is cool and pleasant, making it perfect for sightseeing.
Popular route to take from Thane to reach Pune:
Following are the most popular route option from Thane to Pune by road:
- Thane to Pune Via Mumbai-Pune Expressway: This is the most direct and fastest route, with a total distance of approximately 150 km. You’ll travel via the Mumbai-Pune Expressway and it will take approximately 2-3 hours to reach Pune depending on traffic conditions.
- Thane to Pune Via NH 48: This is another popular route, with a total distance of approximately 155 km. You’ll travel via NH 48 and it will take approximately 3-4 hours to reach Pune depending on traffic conditions.
- Thane to Pune Via NH 60: This is a slightly longer route, with a total distance of approximately 160 km. You’ll travel via NH 60 and it will take approximately 4-5 hours to reach Pune depending on traffic conditions.
- Thane to Pune Via NH 66: This is a coastal route, with a total distance of approximately 190 km. You’ll travel via NH 66 and it will take approximately 5-6 hours to reach Pune depending on traffic conditions.
The most popular route to reach Pune from Thane is via the Mumbai-Pune Expressway, which is a six-lane toll highway. This route takes around 2.5 to 3 hours, depending on traffic conditions. Alternatively, one can also take the Old Mumbai-Pune Highway, which is a scenic route that takes around 4 to 5 hours to reach Pune. Experience the joy of being on the road by booking Thane to Pune car rental from Savaari.
Places to visit along the route:
- Karnala Bird Sanctuary: Located on the Mumbai-Pune Expressway, Karnala Bird Sanctuary is a popular destination for bird watchers and nature enthusiasts. The wildlife sanctuary is a paradise for bird enthusiasts, with its lush green forests and diverse habitats being home to a wide variety of avian species. Among the many species of birds found here, the Malabar Grey Hornbill and the Nilgiri Wood Pigeon are notable highlights.
- Lonavala: A hill station situated on the Mumbai-Pune Expressway, Lonavala is known for its scenic beauty, lush green hills, and cascading waterfalls. Popular tourist attractions in Lonavala include the Bhushi Dam, Tiger’s Point, and the Karla Caves.
- Rajmachi Fort: Located between Lonavala and Khandala, Rajmachi Fort is an ancient fort that offers stunning views of the surrounding hills and valleys. The fort can be reached by trekking from Lonavala or Khandala.
- Sinhagad Fort: A historic fort located on the outskirts of Pune, Sinhagad Fort is a popular destination for trekkers and history enthusiasts. The fort offers stunning views of the surrounding hills and valleys.
Places to eat along the route:
- Kinara Village Dhaba: Located on the Mumbai-Pune Expressway, Kinara Village Dhaba is a popular restaurant that serves authentic Maharashtrian cuisine.
- Raghulila Mall Food Court: Located on the Mumbai-Pune Expressway, Raghulila Mall Food Court is a great place to grab a quick bite while on the go. The food court has several food stalls that serve a variety of cuisines.
- German Bakery: Located in Lonavala, the German Bakery is a popular bakery that serves delicious cakes, pastries, and bread.
- Shabree Restaurant: Located on the Old Mumbai-Pune Highway, Shabree Restaurant is a popular restaurant that serves authentic Maharashtrian cuisine. The restaurant is known for its Thali, which is a traditional Maharashtrian meal served on a platter.
Download our Savaari car Booking app for a smooth and pleasant journey.