The capital of Rajasthan, Jaipur is a fine blend of royalty, old-world charm, and modern lifestyle. Also called the Pink City, its charming landscape is dominated by red sandstone and marble structures. With its artistic heritage and rich history, Jaipur has become one of the most popular tourist cities in Rajasthan.
Use this ready-made guide from Savaari when you take a road trip from Udaipur to Jaipur. We will take you through a gorgeous route with breathtaking monuments, hidden gems, and also eateries en route.
Table of Contents
- Why travel from Udaipur to Jaipur?
- Traveling from Udaipur to Jaipur?
- Best time to take a road trip by car
- How to Reach Jaipur By Train
- How to Reach Jaipur By Flight
- Attractions in Jaipur for Sightseeing
- Savaari recommends – Popular places to eat in Jaipur
- Hotels and resorts – Accommodation in Jaipur
Why travel from Udaipur to Jaipur?
Jaipur is famous for its historical palaces, gardens, forts, museums, courtyard, Rajasthani cuisine, culture and everything royal. Every year, Jaipur sees a footfall of millions of domestic as well as international tourists who come to witness the rich cultural heritage of the city. You can make your Jaipur experience more interesting when you drive from Udaipur in a Savaari cab. With our customizable trip plans and itineraries, you can do more than just a regular road trip, and enjoy a comfortable ride, while making your journey interesting at the same time.
Traveling from Udaipur to Jaipur by car
A road trip from Udaipur to Jaipur by car is one of the best ways to experience the roads that connect the royal cities. When you book a Udaipur to Jaipur trip with us, you can enjoy a ride through the rustic towns and villages of Rajasthan. You will pass through some popular and offbeat locales as well as some of the most fascinating vistas and nature hotspots, on your Jaipur trip from Udaipur. With our completely customizable Udaipur to Jaipur trip packages, you can stop at any of these places and do a quick sightseeing.
Let us help you discover the best routes to travel from Udaipur to Jaipur by car.
Best Time to Visit Jaipur by car
November to February is the best time to travel from Udaipur to Jaipur by road and lets you avoid the harsh weather and unbearably hot temperatures of the summer months. Monsoons are pleasant too. However, it is best to avoid the summer months as it tends to get too hot, thereby making local sightseeing extremely difficult under the scorching heat.
Popular Routes from Udaipur to Jaipur
Route 1: Udaipur to Jaipur via NH58
This is the shortest and fastest route to cover the Udaipur to Jaipur distance which is approximately 390 KM and takes about 7 hours to travel. You can most probably expect regular Udaipur to Jaipur traffic, but certainly no severe congestion. So it is certainly important that you check for live traffic updates and follow real-time maps to get a better idea of road conditions.
Here’s a basic Udaipur to Jaipur road map for this route:
|Udaipur -> Nathdwara -> Rajsamand -> Beawar -> Ajmer -> Kishangarh -> Jaipur|
Popular places along the way:
- Vrindavan Bagh – The garden is a paradise for nature lovers looking for some quiet and is insanely interesting for bird-watching too.
- Birla City Water Park, Ajmer – Situated near Makhupura Circle of Ajmer city, Birla City Water Park is one of Rajasthan’s biggest amusement parks. It has everything that a family needs to enjoy some time together, from a big swimming pool, waterfall with rain dance, mini train running for kids, a colorful sliding pathway which is very great for children, jumbo rides, merry around the pool, indoor-outdoor games, space shuttle to many more.
- Kishangarh Fort – The Kishangarh Fort was built by kings of the Rathore dynasty. It presents a fine example of the Indian architecture that prevailed centuries ago. This architectural marvel draws history and architecture buffs alike.
- Jawahar Circle Garden – Situated near the Jawaharlal Nehru Marg, Jawahar Circle Garden is the biggest in Asia. This unique garden designed in concentric circles is one of the major tourist attractions on the way.
Places to eat on this route:
- Shri Thakur Ji Rajbhog Restaurant, Nathdwara – A popular family dining place with North Indian fare, offering a variety of Punjabi, Gujrati and continental cuisine.
- Rajshree Restaurant, Beawar – Best budget friendly restaurant in the area, with a big garden space for outdoor dining. Known for its authentic Rajasthani food options.
- Aapni Ghumar, Kishangarh – If you want to stop for a quick meal, then this food joint is a good option. The fast-food restaurant is known for its amazing preparations of Rajasthani cuisine.
- Hotel Lazeez & Restaurant, Kishangarh – If you are a non-vegetarian lover, then you should definitely visit this place. Their vast menu gives you plenty of options to choose from.
Udaipur to Jaipur Road Condition via NH58:
The Udaipur to Jaipur road condition via Udaipur Road is excellent. It is the fastest route, has tolls but no road closure.
Route 2: Udaipur to Jaipur via NH48
This is a slightly longer route to cover and is approximately 400 KM. It takes 7 hours and 30 minutes to travel via this route. While there is no congestion, you could expect a little traffic during weekends or holidays. Therefore, no matter which route you take, always check for traffic updates and follow live maps.
Here’s a basic Udaipur to Jaipur road map for this route:
|Udaipur -> Nathdwara -> Rajsamand -> Bhilwara -> Bijainagar -> Kishangarh -> Jaipur|
Popular places along the way:
- Dhundheshwar, Gangapur – Dhundheshwar is a waterfall situated approximately 5 km from the heart of the city. The waterfall’s location amidst the scenic mountains makes it a perfect stop to take a quick break from the road trip.
- Pur Udan Chatri, Bhilwara – Pur Udan Chatri is about 10 kilometers from Bhilwara city. It is renowned for Udan Chatri and Adhar Sheela Mahadev, where the geographical wonder of a huge rock resting on a small one attracts a large number of tourists.
- Badnore Fort, Bhilwara – A detour from Mandal will help you explore this hidden gem. Towering over a small hill, this seven-storied fort in Bhilwara is an excellent example of medieval Indian architecture.
- Nasirabad – A tour to Nasirabad is a must. Nasirabad is a cantonment town with sandy deserts that are supremely rich in natural beauty.
Places to eat on this route:
- Maharaja Dining Hall, Nathdwara – When in Rajasthan, those Maharaja thaalis are a must. Visit Maharaja Dining Hall in Nathdwara for those king-sized thaalis to get the true taste of Rajasthan.
- Rajasthani Dhaba, Gangapur – If you happen to be in Gangapur or crossing it then stopping at Rajasthani Dhaba for some authentic Dal Batti Churma is a must. Their peeli dal fry is to die for. Also their google reviews would make you choose this place over other restaurants and eateries.
- The Ora Cafe, Bhilwara – Cool blue interiors and great pastas are always a great combination. Head to the Ora Cafe for some mouth-watering Italian cuisines.
- Spicy Leaf by Motilal, Nasirabad – A perfect stop for all your cravings in this desert state. Spicy Leaf by Motilal serves everything from North Indian food, Rajasthani cuisines to quick bites and Italian food. Their food reviews are rave on Zomato!
Udaipur to Jaipur Road Condition via NH48:
The Udaipur to Jaipur road condition via NH48 is good. It is a little longer and takes more time than the previous route. It has tolls.
Udaipur to Jaipur Best Route
Both the above routes are good for traveling from Udaipur to Jaipur. Each of them have interesting stopovers and a good number of food stops. However, NH58 is a little shorter and passes via the city of Ajmer which has a plethora of tourist attractions in case you choose to spend some time exploring them. Hence, if you want to save time and still enjoy a gorgeous roadtrip, then NH58 is your best option.
Other means of traveling from Udaipur to Jaipur
You can also travel from Udaipur to Jaipur by trains or flights.
How to Reach Jaipur By Train
You can also cover the Udaipur to Jaipur distance by train, which is available daily. There are around 13 trains that ply between Udaipur and Jaipur, of which 4 ply daily. So you can visit the Indian Railways website for your Udaipur to Jaipur train bookings, or choose your options from the multiple online portals. The fastest train is Chetak Express (12982). The total time taken from Udaipur to Jaipur can vary from 6.5 to 9 hours, depending upon the train you choose. Therefore, for the updated Udaipur to Jaipur train timings, check with IRCTC for their latest timetables.
How to Reach Jaipur By Flight
You can also fly from Udaipur to Jaipur. There are one or two flights between these two cities daily. The nearest airport is Jaipur Airport (JAI), which is about 12 KM from the city center. You can also directly book a taxi in Udaipur to reach your destination.
The average Udaipur to Jaipur flight duration for a non-stop flight is 40 minutes, and usually costs between Rs 1100 to 5000 depending on the airline, flight route, booking window, available deals, and the travel season. For your Udaipur to Jaipur flight booking, visit any online travel portal or check with airlines’ direct website. You can hire a reliable Jaipur airport taxi for a convenient ride to your hotel in the city.
Attractions for Sightseeing in Jaipur
The Pink City of Jaipur embodies a classic charm and an air of royalty in its every frame. With a fine blend of history and heritage, the city is like an art on stone and marble, fused with the quirks of modern urban trappings, so the millennial traveller feels right at home. From explorers and travelers to artists and literary minds, Jaipur tourism welcomes all.
- Palaces and Forts: Some of the finest and renowned places to visit on your Jaipur tour are the Amber Palace, Hawa Mahal, Jaipur Palace, Jantar Mantar, Jal Mahal, and Nahargarh Fort.
- Albert Hall Museum: The oldest museum of Jaipur, Albert Hall Museum is a fine example of Indo-Saracenic architecture.
- Choki Dhani Village: A well-known tourist attraction in Jaipur, the Chokhi Dhani resort is a themed village designed to give the tourists a full experience of the Rajasthani culture.
- Patrika Gate: World’s most colourful door, Patrika Gate is a riot of colours stretching up to 9 arches, all painted in pastel colours and decorated with hand painted murals. The structure oozes excellence and royalty and is a shining example of India’s stunning fine art.
- Shopping: Go shopping in any of the innumerable bazaars of Jaipur, notably Johari bazaar, Chandpol bazaar and Tripolia bazaar.
Savaari recommends – Popular places to eat in Jaipur
Being a cosmopolitan city and a popular tourist destination, Jaipur’s food culture is a melting pot of various cuisines from home and abroad. Discover the delicious cuisine of Rajasthan from the iconic Dal-Baati-Churma to succulent, falling-off-the-bone, laal maas.
To sample the best of classic and contemporary, Indian and international flavors, explore these places in Jaipur.
- Indian Coffee House, Ajmeri Gate.
- Padao, Nahargarh Fort, Nahargarh Road, Brahmapuri.
- Rajput Room, Bhavani Singh Road.
- Jaipur Adda, 4-D Villa, Khasa Kothi Circle, Station Road.
- Marble Arch, Jai Mahal Palace, Jacob Road.
Hotels and Resorts in Jaipur
|Pearl Palace||51, Hathroi Fort, Hari Kishan Somani Marg, Ajmer Road, Jaipur, Rajasthan 302001. Ph: 0141 237 3700 or 0141 237 3752|
|Umaid Mahal||C-20 / B-2, Bihari Marg, Opp. Lane of K.P. Automotives, Bani Park, Jaipur, Rajasthan 302016. Ph: 0141 220 1954|
|Nahargarh Haveli||Nahargarh Road Near Nahargarh Fort, Purani Basti, Jaipur, Rajasthan 302001 Phone No: 094144 42373|
|ITC Rajputana||Palace Road, Gopalbari, Jaipur, Rajasthan 302006. Ph: 0141 405 1600|
Things to Keep in Mind While Traveling to Jaipur
- Some temples and religious sites may have strict dress codes and rules, so make sure to dress accordingly and follow the temple policies.
- Always wear a mask in public places in Jaipur, the state-government has imposed a fine for not following Covid-rules.
- Check for current curfew hours at night.
- Pandemic rules may affect visiting hours of tourist sites and restaurants. Check online or call before you visit.
Savaari Safety Tips for Road Trips from Udaipur to Jaipur
- Carry all hygiene related items – sanitizer, masks, disinfectant sprays and a bed sheet to cover the seat with, while traveling.
- Use a hand sanitizer before and after your ride.
- Install the Aarogya Setu app before your trip.
- Running the AC continuously during the trip is not recommended. If you were to use the AC, please ensure that it is run in the recirculated mode and the windows are lowered at frequent intervals.
- Dispose of any tissues or pieces of cloth that you may have used outside the car.
- If you have opted for a car rental service, try to load your luggage in the boot of the car yourself to ensure a zero-contact ride.
- Maintain a safe distance between yourself and the driver.
- Download our savaari car rental app for a smooth and pleasant journey.
Download our Savaari car booking app for a smooth and pleasant journey