You might think that Jodhpur is just like another city of Rajasthan. But it isn’t quite so. The Blue City is a delight to the eyes, as well as to the soul, but only for those who seek beyond visual aesthetics. It has many beautiful palaces and forts which have now been converted to huge five-star hotels or museums for tourists to visit.
Table of Contents
- Why travel from Jaipur to Jodhpur?
- Traveling from Jaipur to Jodhpur?
- Best time to take a road trip by car
- How to Reach Jodhpur By Train
- How to Reach Jodhpur By Flight
- Attractions in Jodhpur for Sightseeing
- Savaari recommends – Popular places to eat in Jodhpur
- Hotels and resorts – Accommodation in Jodhpur
Why travel from Jaipur to Jodhpur?
To make this truly worthwhile, take the road from Jaipur to Jodhpur and have a travel experience of a lifetime. When you book a cab with Savaari, you can completely customize your travel itinerary, include pit stops for more adventure, and make this a wholesome trip, until you reach the incredible city of Jodhpur.
Travelling from Jaipur to Jodhpur by Car
A road trip from Jaipur to Jodhpur makes for a very interesting travel experience. From the Pink City to the Blue City, it’s not just a change of colors but also culture. When you opt for our Jaipur to Jodhpur trip packages, you can not only enjoy a comfortable ride, while immersing yourself in the surrounding beauty en-route, but also make pit-stops to make it memorable and exciting. The route passes through rustic patches and hinterlands of Rajasthan, that travel blogs don’t talk about. Let us help you discover the best routes when you take a Jaipur to Jodhpur trip by road.
Best time to Take a Road trip from Jaipur to Jodhpur by Car
Being almost in the heart of Rajasthan, Jodhpur exhibits a very hot and dry climate. The summers are extremely harsh, making it unfit to be outdoors. But if you want to just have a luxurious experience at the retreats, then you can travel any time of the year. Otherwise, for sightseeing and outdoor activities, the winter and spring months are very conducive.
October to March is the best time to visit Jodhpur. However, depending on what you want to do, here’s a monthly breakup of Jodhpur’s tourist season so that you can plan when to go. October marks the onset of peak season in Jodhpur with weather turning pleasant.
Route 1: Jaipur to Jodhpur via NH 48
Jaipur to Jodhpur Distance Via NH 48
The Jaipur to Jodhpur distance via this route is approximately 366 KM and takes over 6 hours 30 mins to travel. Before you travel, always check for traffic updates and use live maps to get real-time information on Jaipur to Jodhpur road conditions.
Jaipur to Jodhpur Road Condition Via NH 48
To cover the Jaipur to Jodhpur distance, this is the shortest and fastest route. Even the Jaipur to Jodhpur road traffic on this stretch is less and makes for smooth travel. You should always check for live traffic updates to understand the Jaipur to Jodhpur road condition before you travel.
Here’s a basic Jaipur to Jodhpur road map for this route:
|Jaipur -> Ajmer -> Beawar -> Jadan -> Indrokon ki Dhani -> Jodhpur|
Popular sights/monuments that you will encounter along this route:
- Kishangarh Fort, Kishangarh – Ruins of a large, imposing fortress with walls and turrets towering high above an adjacent lake.
- Ajmer Fort, Palace and Museum, Ajmer – Royal residence of Akbar, with military relics, ancient art, and a light show in the evening.
- Government Museum, Ajmer – State-run museum, conserving regional history, art, and artifacts.
Places to eat along this route:
- Ghoomar Hotel & Restaurant, Kishangarh – Restaurant of a local hotel, serving pure vegetarian meals and fast food, good for families and groups.
- Pehli Manzil, Hotel Ajmer Inn, Ajmer – Restaurant in a local hotel, known for serving traditional Rajasthani food and thali meals.
- Restaurant Midway, Beawar – Standard highway side eatery serving meal plates and snacks.
Route 2: Jaipur to Jodhpur via Jaipur – Jobner – Kuchaman – Nagaur Rd and NH62
Jaipur to Jodhpur Distance Via NH62
The Jaipur to Jodhpur distance via this route is approximately 384 KM and takes over 7 hours 30 mins to travel. Before you travel, always check for traffic updates and use live maps to get real-time information on Jaipur to Jodhpur road conditions.
Jaipur to Jodhpur Road Condition Via NH62
This is the alternative route to cover the Jaipur to Jodhpur distance. This is a longer and slower route, and there are chances of slight road traffic on this, due to holidays or road work. That’s why, before you travel, you should always check for live traffic updates to understand the road conditions.
Here’s a basic road map for this route:
|Jaipur -> Jobner -> Kuchaman City -> Nagaur -> Khimsar -> Jodhpur|
Popular sights/monuments that you will encounter along this route:
- Shakambari Jheel, Sambhar Lake Town – India’s largest inland saltwater lake, good for drive-through and camping.
- Thal Chappar Sanctuary, Kuchaman – Local wildlife reserve, housing famous black bucks and exotic avian species.
- Kuchaman Fort, Kuchaman City – Ancient fort characterized by formidable ramparts, innumerable terraces, balconies, and viewing points, good for sunset views.
- Nagaur Fort, Nagaur – 4th-century mud fort, known for panoramic views, and a famous painting of the Hawa Mahal.
Places to eat along this route
- Rajwada Restaurant, Kuchaman City – Local restaurant serving pure vegetarian food, with outdoor poor and seating, good for big groups and kid-friendly.
- RJ 21: The Fast-Food Court & Café, Nagaur – Multi-cuisine local restaurant serving a variety of meals, beverages, and snacks in a casual setting.
Jaipur to Jodhpur Best Route
While you can take any of the two routes, we recommend Route 1 Via NH 48. The road conditions are excellent and the time taken is less. However, it is advisable to check live traffic updates before leaving for your trip.
Other means of traveling from Jaipur to Jodhpur
How to Reach Jodhpur By Train
You can also travel Jaipur to Jodhpur distance by train. There are 17 weekly trains and 7 daily trains (as of now) that run from Jaipur to Jodhpur. The fastest train is HOWRAH JODHPUR SPECIAL (02385). The train journey time from can range from 5 to 8 hours, depending on the train you take. For train tickets booking, you can visit Indian Railways website or any other online travel portal. The Jaipur to Jodhpur train fare will depend upon the train you choose, and the travel season.
How to Reach Jodhpur By Flight
You can also travel from Jaipur to Jodhpur by air. The city is served by Jodhpur Airport (JDH). The average Jaipur to Jodhpur flight duration is between 3 to 7 hours, depending on the flight. For your Jaipur to Jodhpur flight booking, you can easily visit any airline website or get the best deals from online travel portals. The Jaipur to Jodhpur flight cost can range from Rs 4000 to 7000, based on booking window, deals, and travel season.
Explore Jodhpur Like a Local
Also called the Blue City, Jodhpur makes for an important part of Rajasthan’s royal heritage. From the azure stucco houses to the ornate palaces and mansions, Jodhpur is a sheer visual treat for travelers. Unlike other mainstream cities of the state, Jodhpur offers a fresh perspective to the definition of “royal”. With a quiet stroll down the streets of this historic city, lined with blue painted and white-washed stucco houses, you will discover Jodhpur and its mystical past. With our travel tips and suggestions, you can make your Jodhpur tour truly incredible.
Attractions in Jodhpur for Sightseeing
Start with a walk through the city, and discover Jodhpur’s heritage in its nooks and crannies, lanes, and alleys. Join a walking or photography tour. You can also visit the famous Mehrangarh Fort and Museum, or the burial place of Rajaram Meghwal. Head to the Rao Jodha Desert Rock Park or the Clock Tower and watch the stunning sunset colors and panoramic views of the city. If you are a food-lover, do join the popular Jodhpur Food Trail, where you can sample classic and signature dishes of the city at legendary joints. You can also book a desert safari and ride through the sandy trails. For a detailed list of things to do, check out our travel guide for Jodhpur.
Savaari Recommends: Popular Places to Eat in Jodhpur
Jodhpur has a very simple, yet exciting culinary canvas. While most other cities of Rajasthan boast rich and elaborate fare, Jodhpur takes pride in offering simplicity to your palate, yet inviting. While the traditional Rajasthani meal is standard, there are a host of dishes very native to Jodhpur, along with traditional recipes, done Jodhpur-style. To experience it all, these are a few must-visit places in Jodhpur.
- Kesar Heritage Restaurant, Killikhana Mehron Ka Chowk, Naya bas
- Gopal Rooftop Restaurant, Makrana Mohalla Near Clock Tower
- Dylan Café Restaurant, Unnamed Road, Gulab Sagar
- Sam’s Art Café, Sutharo Ka Bass Road near Toorji ka Jhalra Bavdi, Makrana Mohalla
- Pillars, Umaid Bhawan Palace
Hotels and Resorts – Accommodation in Jodhpur
|Place Name||Address||Phone Number|
|The Ummed Jodhpur Palace Resort & Spa||Banar Rd, Prem Nagar, Jodhpur, Rajasthan 342027||0291 662 1111|
|RAAS||Tunwar ji ka Jhalra, Makrana Mohalla, Gulab Sagar Rd, Sagrar, Jodhpur, Rajasthan 342001||0291 263 6455|
|Ranbanka Palace||Circuit House Rd, Ajit Colony, Jodhpur, Rajasthan 342001||0291 251 2800|
|Ajit Bhawan||Circuit House Rd, Ajit Colony, Jodhpur, Rajasthan 342006||099287 54913|
|Rani Mahal-Old heritage haveli||Navchokiya, Fateh Pol Rd, Jodhpur, Rajasthan 342001||070144 37040|
Download our Savaari car rental app for a smooth and pleasant journey.