Pune to Shirdi is one of Maharashtra’s highly frequented routes. Shirdi is a small temple town in Maharashtra devoted to the great Sai Baba.
Table of Contents
Why travel from Pune to Shirdi?
Having a footfall of millions of tourists every year, Shirdi certainly has an unparalleled devotional aura. The small town is filled with religious spots and activities which will soothe and calm your soul, hence giving you the much needed spiritual getaway. The air here carries chants lingering with spirituality and the whole grandness about the same too will surely leave you spellbound.
Traveling from Pune to Shirdi by car
The distance between Pune to Shirdi by road is approximately 184 km and therefore should ideally take 5 hours to cover this distance. Follow NH6O for about 138 km, then take Sangamner-Kopargaon road to NH160 and continue for 46 km. The drive is enjoyable, with well-maintained roads, and several options for fuel as well as refreshments along the way.
When you take a road trip to Shirdi, you get to enjoy the trip at your own leisurely pace which sums up to a perfect weekend experience. Let us help you discover some of the best routes for a road trip from Pune airport to Shirdi, and also tell you a little bit about the places you could see along the way. Therefore, experience the joy of being on the road by booking a cab in Pune with Savaari, and let our expert chauffeurs take you around like tour guides aka travel experts so you take home only the best experience.
Best time to take a road trip
The best time to take a road trip from Pune to Shirdi by car is from October to February. The temperature hovers between 12°C and 25°C, making it a pleasant climate to drive down as well as to explore the town. The famous Shirdi Sai Baba temple also sees a large number of devotees, especially in October on the occasion of Shirdi Vijayadashmi/ Sri Sai Punyatithi.
Shirdi experiences medium to heavy rainfall between June and September. While the peak monsoon months can make exploring the town a little inconvenient, the beginning of the season and the end, however, provide a pleasant environment with light to medium showers which make sightseeing quite pleasant.
Summers (March to May) therefore, are not recommended to the tourists, but some devotees are still drawn to the town on the occasion of Ramnavami. The temperature soars as high as 42°C while the minimum hovers around 27°C. The blazing sun makes sightseeing an extremely difficult task.
Route 1: Pune to Shirdi Via NH60
Pune to Shirdi distance Via NH60
The route covers a distance of 184 km within 4.5 hours and the road condition is excellent. This route is preferred by most travellers and passes through beautiful cities like Kurali and Vadgaon.
Pune to Shirdi Road Conditions Via NH60
|Pune — Moshi — Kurali — Manchar — Narayangaon — Vadgaon — Chalakwadi — Malwadi — Gunjalwadi — Sangamner — Korhale — Shirdi|
Vital Statistics – Distance, Time & Highway Quality
Popular Places along the way:
- Bird Valley Udhyan, Chinchwad – Located just around 8 Km via Jadhavwadi road, Bird Valley Udyan is one of the most popular recreational spots in Chinchwad. The key feature of this park is that it surrounds an old lake. Located in MIDC Chinchwad, this popular lakeside park offers boating and therefore is a great picnic spot that can be enjoyed with family.
- Sri Venkateshwara Balaji Mandir, Narayanpur – A replica of Tirupati Balaji Temple from Andhra Pradesh, the temple is located in Narayanpur off the Pune-Bangalore Highway. With an extremely peaceful and clean ambiance, this place is another perfect stop for a break.
- Chandanapuri Ghat Forest Department, Gunjalwadi – This mountain pass is a perfect place to catch a breath of fresh air. The lush green surroundings along with the fresh air provide a perfect break from driving.
Places to eat along the way:
- Atharva Pure Veg, Pimpri Chinchwad – A great breakfast stop on the way. The lovely ambiance and organized parking space, therefore, make this place quite a hit among travelers.
- Bhujbal Bandhu Hotel Super Shriraj, Pune-Nashik Highway – This highway-side restaurant serves good veg as well as non-veg dishes. So, if you are looking for a place to eat a wholesome meal, this is quite a decent option on the highway.
- Shivneri Snacks and Tea Center, Chakan – Grab a cup of hot tea or coffee here.
- Hotel Mahadev, Waki BK – Get a taste of authentic misal pav in this small highway-side eatery.
- Aswad Pure Veg Family Restaurant, Rajgurunagar – Their prompt service, delicious food, and ample parking space are highly appreciated by travelers. Stop here for a wholesome meal in case you are looking for a place to eat.
Route 2: Via Pune-Ahmednagar Highway and NH160
Pune to Shirdi Road Conditions Via NH160
The route covers a distance of 210 km within 4 hours 50 minutes and the road condition is good. This route is preferred as a good alternative that crosses the quaint views and places like Sakori and Wagholi.
Pune to Shirdi distance Via NH160
|Pune — Dharma Nagar — Wagholi — Lonikand — Perne Phata — Gavhane Patil Nagar — Ramnagar — Ranjangaon — Kamargaon — Nepti — Vilad — Bhableshwar — Sakori — Shirdi|
Vital Statistics – Distance, Time & Highway Quality
Popular places along the way:
- Bhima Koregaon Vijaystambha, Perne Phata – Visit the historical monument in Perne Phata which is open 24 hours every day. Pay your respects to the brave Marathas who fought and resisted the British forces in the Third Anglo-Maratha War. History buffs are surely going to love this place.
- Ahmednagar Fort, Ahmednagar – Once known as the second-most impregnable fort (the first one being the Gwalior Fort), Ahmednagar Fort was the main headquarters of Ahmednagar Sultanate. Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru was also imprisoned here. Visit the iconic fort for its grandeur and the extremely significant history attached to it.
- Futala Lake, Nagpur – Built by Bhonsle Kings, the lake is surrounded on three sides by forest and a landscaped beach on the fourth side. This picturesque lake is a perfect place to relax and take a break from driving.
Places to eat on this route:
- Housai Hotel, Koregaon Bhima – Start your road trip with a steaming cup of tea or coffee from Housai Hotel.
- Shree Saidatta Snacks Center, MH SH 27 – This highway side eatery is a perfect place to stop for breakfast.
- Hotel Sadhguru Pure Veg, Kurund – For those of you looking for a pure vegetarian restaurant, this place serves good quality as well as delicious food. Also, please carry sufficient cash to the restaurant. They only accept payments in cash.
- Maharaja Misal, Palwe – For some mind-boggling misal pav, stop here for a plate full of happiness.
Pune to Shirdi Best Route
While you can take any of the two routes, we recommend Route 1 Via NH 60. The road conditions are excellent and the time taken is less. However, it is advisable to check live traffic updates before leaving for your trip
How to reach Shirdi by Train
|Train Name||Departure||Arrival||Duration||Check Availability|
|11041 – DR SNSI EXP||3:35 AM||9:35 AM||6hr||Click Here|
|11407 – PUNE LUCKNOW EXP||10:00 PM||2:28 AM||4 hr 27 min||Click Here|
|12779 – GOA EXPRESS||4:30 AM||9:12 AM||4 hr 42 min||Click Here|
|11077 – JHELUM EXPRESS||5:20 PM||9:50 PM||4 hr 30 min||Click Here|
Explore Shirdi like a local – A handy guide
A famous small town situated in Ahmednagar district of Maharashtra, Shirdi is considered to be one of the most sacred places in India. Also known as the Land of Sai, it is famous for the shrine of Shirdi Sai Baba which is the main attraction in the city. Therefore, to make the most of this beautiful city, here is a ready-made guide to exploring Shirdi like a local.
Popular Attractions and Sightseeing in Shirdi
Shiri Sai Baba Temple
Start your tour with Sri Shirdi Sai Baba Temple. It is a significant center for devotees from all across the world and hence is visited by 25,000 devotees each day.
The temple premises were renovated with all modern-day amenities and necessary facilities such as Darshan Lane, Prasadalay which serves lunch and dinner, Donation Counters, Prasad Counters, Canteen, Book Stall, Railway Reservation Counter and others.
Accommodation facilities are also available for devotees who visit the temple from far off places. But what makes Shirdi an important religious place is the fact that it was here that Sai Baba made his appearance as a young boy, and he remained here all through his life, helping people and transforming their lives.
Shani Shignapur Temple
This is a Jeet Devasthan (alive temple) in Ahmednagar district, well-known for the magical and powerful Lord Shani, who is believed to be residing in a black stone to this day. The Hindu God symbolizing the planet Saturn is also referred to as Swayambhu, which means that he has emerged in the form of the black stone that scores lakhs of devotees every year. The trust of people in the lord is so strong that none of the houses in the wondrous village has doors and locks as people believe that Lord Shani is protecting their valuables from thieves.
A small but well-maintained, and a calm place situated at a distance of 600 meters from Shirdi Sai Baba Temple is the Khandoba Mandir considered to be one of the many places to visit near Shirdi temple. Dedicated to the presiding deity of Khandoba (another form of Lord Shiva), it is believed that Shirdi Sai Baba first decided to make this temple as his residence, but Mahalsapati thought him to be a Muslim and did not allow him to stay there.
Wet n Joy Waterpark
Although most famous for its shrine dedicated to Sai Baba, Shirdi also houses the Shirdi Water Park. This destination has a number of thrilling rides and activities which are equally enjoyable for children and adults alike. Located about 5 kilometers from Shirdi in Nighoj Village, this destination is a much-needed respite from the heat and is a fun-filled way to spend some time with near and dear ones.
Savaari recommends: Popular Places to eat in Shirdi
Because Shirdi is by and large a pilgrimage for Hindus, the food available here is pure vegetarian. Therefore, to enjoy delicious vegetarian dishes, head to these places in Shirdi for making the most of your Shirdi tour.
- Blue Coriander – Gujarati, Chinese and North Indian
- Prasadalaya – Maharashtian
- Rajdhani – Khichdi, Srikhand and Jalebis.
- Ahimsa – Vegan
Hotels and Resorts – Accommodation in Shirdi
|Sai Baba International||Opp. Sai Baba Temple, Shirdi, Maharashtra 423109 PH: 093259 11950|
|Hotel Sai Chhatra||Opp S.T Bus Stand, Nagar Manmad Highway, Sai Nagar, Shirdi, Maharashtra 423109 PH: 093702 55101|
|Hotel Temple Tree||Plot No. 01, Ring Road, Behind Sai Ashram, Shirdi, Maharashtra 423109 PH: 090115 90115|
|Hotel JC Castle||Gut No. 106/1, Shirdi-Manmad Highway, Shirdi, Maharashtra 423109 PH: 088881 10101|
Download our Savaari car rental app for a smooth and pleasant journey.