Omkareshwar is a famous pilgrimage site located in the state of Madhya Pradesh, India. Situated on the banks of the Narmada River, Omkareshwar is renowned for being one of the twelve Jyotirlingas and is also famous for its ancient temples, picturesque ghats, and scenic beauty, attracting a large number of tourists. Book a Savaari cab in Ujjain to customize your road trip according to your preferences, travel time, and budget.
Best time to visit Omkareshwar by road
For a comfortable and pleasant road trip, the ideal time to visit Omkareshwar is during the winter season, which lasts from November to February. Summers can be very hot and humid, making it uncomfortable to travel, while the monsoon season brings heavy rainfall, which can disrupt travel plans.
Popular route to take from Ujjain to reach Omkareshwar
There are several route options available to travel from Ujjain to Omkareshwar. Here are some of the common routes:
- Route 1 – Ujjain – Indore – Sanwer – Mhow – Pithampur – Manpur – Omkareshwar: This is the most popular and quickest route, with a total distance of approximately 140 km. You’ll travel via NH 52 and NH 47, and the journey should take around 3-4 hours, depending on traffic.
- Route 2 – Ujjain – Tarana – Sanwer – Mhow – Pithampur – Manpur – Omkareshwar: This route is slightly longer, at around 160 km, but takes approximately the same amount of time. You’ll travel via NH 47 and NH 927A, passing through scenic countryside and small towns.
- Route 3 – Ujjain – Agar – Shajapur – Pachore – Maksi – Sanwer – Omkareshwar: This is the longest route, at around 200 km, but offers the chance to explore some off-the-beaten-path destinations. You’ll travel via SH 18, NH 47, and NH 927A, and the journey should take around 4-5 hours.
The most popular route to reach Omkareshwar from Ujjain is via the NH52 and NH47 highways. The distance between Ujjain and Omkareshwar is approximately 140 km, and it takes around 3-4 hours to cover the distance by road. The route passes through scenic countryside and small towns, making the journey enjoyable. One can opt for a Ujjain to Omkareshwar cab for a hassle-free trip.
Places to visit along the route:
- Mahakaleshwar Temple: Located in Ujjain, Dedicated to Lord Shiva, the temple is counted among the twelve Jyotirlingas.
- Kal Bhairav Temple: Another famous temple located in Ujjain, it is dedicated to Lord Kal Bhairav.
- Chintaman Ganesh Temple: Located in Ralamandal Wildlife Sanctuary, this temple is dedicated to Lord Ganesha and is surrounded by lush greenery.
- Siddhanath Temple: Located in Rajgarh, The temple is renowned for its exquisite architecture and intricate carvings.
- Sondhiya Hills: Located near Omkareshwar, these hills offer a panoramic view of the surrounding landscape and are a popular spot for trekking and hiking.
Places to eat along the route:
- Highway Treat: Located on the NH52 highway, this restaurant offers a variety of vegetarian and non-vegetarian dishes and is a popular stop for travelers.
- The Yellow Chilli: Located in Dewas, this restaurant offers a mix of Indian and international cuisine and is known for its delicious food.
- Hotel River View: Located near the Narmada river, this restaurant offers stunning views of the river and serves delicious local cuisine.
- Gopala Restaurant: Located in Omkareshwar, this restaurant offers a variety of vegetarian dishes and is known for its authentic Indian cuisine.