New Okhla Industrial Development Authority known as Noida, is located southeast of the capital city of India, is an industrial area and a planned city located in the Gautam Buddha Nagar district of Uttar Pradesh. The city was made as an extension of Noida under the UP Industrial Area Development Act of 1976 to cut chaos in Delhi.
From the ancient Delhi sultanate to British rule, Delhi was the epicenter of trade and witnessed massive growth in every aspect and the rise and fall of kingdoms.
Delhi has witnessed every ups and downs of Indian culture and once it was a culturally and economically rich place where people from every religion used to live.
Besides being an IT hub and a fast-evolving city, Noida has everything to call it a planned city. From malls to museums, and from wildlife sanctuaries to temples, the city ensures you get a taste of its rich culture and heritage whether you are on an office trip or with family. Keep reading below to learn more about New Delhi to Greater Noida road trip and the most suitable routes to reach Greater Noida from New Delhi.
Table of contents
- Why travel from New Delhi to Greater Noidaa?
- Travelling from New Delhi to Greater Noida by car
- Best Time To Visit
- Popular Routes from New Delhi to Greater Noida
- New Delhi to Greater Noida Best Route
- How to Reach Greater Noida By Train
- How to Reach Agra By Flight
- Attractions in Agra for Sightseeing
- Savaari Recommends – Popular Places to Eat in Agra
- Hotels and resorts – Accommodation in Agra
Why travel from New Delhi to Greater Noida?
Ask yourself why you should not visit this magnificent city. Both the cities have got rich cultural history with exquisite heritage to experience. From spectacular locations to delicious street foods in Delhi, you will experience everything your heart desires.
Furthermore, when you take a road trip from New Delhi to Noida, you experience seeing everything that comes your way. Savaari makes it easier to customize your trip according to your liking, budget, and travel time and makes your road trip fun.
Travelling from New Delhi to Greater Noida by car
Traveling from New Delhi to Greater Noida by car is a fabulous idea as it allows you to explore some of India’s most unique and magnificent historical sites and monuments at your own pace and comfort.
The road to Greater Noida has beautiful scenery and outstanding places. Still, it offers other monuments starting from the Iconic Qutub Minar from the Delhi sultanate period to India gate, Rashtrapati Bhawan, and Lotus Temple, which are all culturally rich and provides insight into India’s history and heritage.
The distance between New Delhi and Greater Noida is approximately 42.2 km, and it takes roughly 1-2 hours to reach Greater Noida by road. The journey from New Delhi to Greater Noida via Noida-Greater Noida Expressway by car is delightful, with captivating terrains and greenery on both sides of the highway. And, with our completely customizable New Delhi to Greater Noida trip packages, you can stop at different sightseeing locations en route. Let us uncover the best routes for you to travel from New Delhi to Greater Noida by car.
Important highway information- national highway 9
|Highway Name||New Delhi to Greater Noida Highway|
|Alternate Name||Noida-Greater Noida Bundh Expressway|
|End Point||Uttar Pradesh|
Best time to visit Delhi from Greater Noida
The most suitable time to visit Delhi from Noida would be between October and March, the arrival of the winter season in India. During this time, the climate is delightful, with temperatures varying from 10-20 degrees Celsius, making it perfect for sightseeing and outdoor activities.
Nevertheless, it is advisable to avoid visiting Delhi and Noida during the summer, which extends from April to June, as temperatures can rise, up to 45-50 degrees Celsius, making it uneasy for outdoor activities. In addition, the monsoon season, running from July to September, should also be avoided as it can disrupt your sightseeing plans due to heavy rainfall and flooding. Below is the tabular representation of year-round climatic conditions in Agra.
- Peak: October – March
- Optimal: July – September
- Avoid: April – July
Popular Routes from Delhi to Greater Noida
Route 1: Delhi to Greater Noida via NH9
NH-9 is a popular and well-connected road that links Delhi to Greater Noida. The road is well-maintained and has got all the beautiful scenic beauty which you will enjoy a lot. In addition, the approximate Delhi to Greater Noida distance on this route is 42 km, and it would roughly take 1 hour and 30 minutes to reach your destination.
This route which runs via NH9, is the fastest and the most suitable route to travel between Delhi to Greater Noida. It is also the shortest route with normal traffic conditions.
In addition, this route is filled with greenery and picturesque sights all around, making it a refreshing and thrilling road trip for you to remember.
Although, it is advisable to check instant traffic updates and live maps for the latest information on Delhi to Greater Noida road conditions for a comfortable journey.
Here is the basic map from New Delhi-Greater Noida for this route.
The driver suggested sights/monuments/offbeat places along this route
- Qutub Minar: Qutub Minar the tallest brick minaret in the world 239 ft high, was built by Qutub-ud-din Aibak in 1193, but the construction was completed by his successor Iltutmish. This place is full of historical wonders that are a must-watch. The lesser-known fact about this minaret is that it was once destroyed by lightning and was rebuilt by Feroz Shah Tughlaq of the Tughlaq dynasty.
- Red Fort: A UNESCO World Heritage Site that was the epicenter of Mughal emperor Shah Jahan when he shifted his capital from Agra to Delhi. The market inside Red Fort which is known as Chatta Chowk is a great destination for shopping enthusiast, here you can get a variety of traditional wear like salwar kameez, anarkali, beautiful and designer jewellery snd more.
- Akshardham temple: Swaminarayan Akshardham is a spiritual Hindu temple located in New Delhi and is a calming place to experience spirituality.
- Jama Masjid: Jama Masjid or Masjid-i-Jehan-Numa is one of the largest mosques in India, built by Mughal Emperor Shah Jahan between 1650-1656, and is located within the historic city of Shahajahanabad.
Popular places to eat along this route where our customers usually stop
The road trip from Delhi to Greater Noida via NH 9 offers multiple restaurants and eating joints, which you can explore along the route. Below are some popular places to stop for a quick meal:
- Al Jawahar: If you want to taste authentic Mughali food, you must visit this place. They offer a delicious menu and won’t disappoint you. This is the best-recommended place for all non-veg eaters.
- Bansooriwala Sector-135: If you are obsessed with street foods and want to experience the taste of Delhi, this is the best place for you to dive in; they offer authentic delicate sweets and other street foods of Delhi, which will blow your mind away.
- Bikanerwala: A wonderful place with a good ambience filled with good foods in Sector 18, Noida.
“I recently traveled from Old Delhi to Greater Noida via NH 9 and came across a fantastic dhaba cum restaurant named Bansooriwala situated at sector 135, Noida that I recommend to anyone making the same journey. They serve authentic North Indian foods with minimal spice and taste amazing. They also serve Delhi street foods along with other sweets which are made with desi ghee which is the ultimate taste of Delhi sweets and the prices are reasonable with a good ambiance all around. Trust me, they won’t disappoint you”!Sruthi
Route 2: New Delhi to Greater Noida via Patel Road and Noida-Greater Noida expressway
Traveling from New Delhi to Greater Noida through the Noida-Greater Noida Expressway is an exceptionally convenient way to reach Greater Noida. In addition, New Delhi to Greater Noida distance via the Noida-Greater Noida Expressway is approximately 42.5 km which takes 1 hour and 05 mins to reach the destination.
And it is advisable to always check for the latest updates and follow a live map when travelling to get the best idea of New Delhi to Greater Noida road conditions.
Here is the basic map from New Delhi to Greater Noida for this route.
Driver suggested sights/monuments/offbeat places along this route
- India Gate and Rashtrapati Bhawan: Located in the Kartavya path in New Delhi, India gate is a war memorial, and the Rashtrapati Bhawan is the official residence of the Indian President at Raisina Hill.
- Lotus Temple: A top tourist attraction and a UNESCO World Heritage Site with a dozen of historical facts to learn about.
The driver suggested popular places to eat along this route
- Dilli Streat: A good place to try both north and south Indian food with good space and reasonable prices.
- Dilli 6: A must-visit for all vegetarian people. Service and food are world-class at a reasonable price.
- McDonald’s: Many McDonald’s outlets are situated along the highway route and offer delicious fast food and beverages.
Best route to travel from Delhi to Greater Noida
Route number 1 is the best and the fastest because the Delhi to Greater Noida and traffic on this route is standard. In addition, you will also witness many gorgeous attractions before reaching Agra. Nevertheless, you must always review live maps and quick traffic updates for the latest details on Delhi to Greater Noida road conditions for a more seamless journey.
Other means of travelling from Gurgaon to Agra
There is no station named Noida but the nearest railway station from Greater Noida is Boraki. The station is well connected with the old Delhi railway station and Nizamuddin Railway station. In addition, it takes a minimal time of 55 mins to an hour maximum to travel to Boraki station from New Delhi Junction. Moreover, for updated train timings for Delhi to Boraki station, visit IRCTC and follow their latest timetable.
|Train Name||Train Number||Total Time Taken||Departure Time||Arrival Time|
|Delhi-Dankaur Express||04932||1 hour 10 mins||5:15 am||6:25 am|
|Delhi-Aligarh Junction Special||04288||1 hour 11 mins||8:30 am||9:41 am|
|New Delhi-Aligarh Junction Express||04908||1 hour 22 mins||6:05 pm||7:22 pm|
Many private bus operators run bus services from Delhi to Noida and Greater Noida. In addition, the approximate fare is roughly Rs.400-800 per person, and the nearest bus stop in New Delhi is the Mori Gate Near Gol Chakkar. Moreover, the distance between New Delhi and Greater Noida is roughly 47 km, and it takes around 1-2 hours to reach Greater Noida from New Delhi by bus. The bus stop in Greater Noida Kashmere Gate Metro Station Gate number 5 or Anand Vihar bus stop. Also, to get the best deals and know the correct bus timings, You can always visit any reliable online travel portal. And you can hire a reliable taxi for a convenient ride to your hotel and in the town
Price comparison for choosing different travel means
|Means of Transport||Time taken||Price(in INR)|
|Delhi to Greater Noida by bus||2 hours 4 mins||400-800|
|Delhi to Greater Noida by Train||1 hour 15 mins||95-500|
|Delhi to Greater Noida by Cabs||1 hour 55 mins||900-1500|
|Delhi to Greater Noida by Delhi Metro||1 hour 12 mins||40-50|
While taking the bus from New Delhi to Greater Noida is the cheapest alternative, the comfort and convenience of booking a cab are incomparable. Selecting a car rental service like Savaari gives you all the privacy you require without burning a hole in your pockets. Moreover, it is a suitable way to get around without resorting to the annoyances of public congestion and the various halts that come with public transportation.
When you take a road trip with Savaari, you can take many detours, explore different tourist attractions, and experience local cuisine. You can opt for a round trip on all routes or a one-way drop, where you will have to pay just for the distance travelled and save half of the total round-trip cost, with no additional charge and no cancellation, and make the most of your road trip.
Top attractions in Greater Noida for sightseeing
Magnificent architecture, glorious greenery, and delicious food create the charm of Greater Noida, making it a must-visit sightseeing place for everyone. Below are some popular tourist attractions in Greater Noida that would make you fall in awe of this extended suburb.
- Buddh International Circuit: The Buddh International Circuit is an Indian motor racing circuit positioned in Greater Noida city with an excellent infrastructure to experience.
- The Grand Venice Mall: Filled with roman architecture Grand Venice Mall is also known as TGV mall by the locals that cover an area of 947,000 square feet and also have an entertainment, food court, and 7D cinema hall.
- Okhla Bird Sanctuary: This is a bird sanctuary located near the Yamuna river and has more than 300 bird species, especially waterbirds And was developed under the Wildlife Protection Act 1972.
Savaari’s customer recommends – Popular places to eat in Greater Noida
Delhi food has a lot to offer whether you are a veg or non-veg lover; whether you have a sweet taste or love spicy meals, Delhi and Noida never ceases to delight you. The below-mentioned cafe and restaurants are the must-try ones.
- Walk n stay cafe and restaurant
- Shahi Dawaat
- Chao Bella
- The Royal Kitchen
- D’wood cafe
- Creme Castle
- Zauk Biryani and more
Hotels and resorts in Greater Noida
|Hotel Name||Address||Phone Number|
|Lime Tree Hotel and Banquet||BA-136, Sector Omega 1, opp. India Expo Mart Circle, near Pari Chwk, Block B, Ansal Golf Link -1, Greater Noida, Uttar Pradesh 201308||09971097003|
|The Divine Residency||CB-007, Omega 1, Block C, Ansal Golf Link -1, Greater Noida, Uttar Pradesh 201308||07982062776|
|Regenta Inn Greater Noida||Greno Complex, Opposite lvory Hospital, RHO I, Greater Noida, Uttar Pradesh 201308||9999999999|
|Torque Greater Noida||Knowledge Park III, Greater Noida, Uttar Pradesh||08287041187|
|The Taj Studios||Sector 74, Greater Noida||9999999999|
Nearby road trips from Greater Noida
Noida is not just an IT hub but you; can experience everything that you need on vacation. There are great destinations near Delhi and Greater Noida you can travel to, as India is a country where you could cherish anything at any corner. The below-mentioned chart is prepared to guide you appropriately.
|Greater Noida to Faridabad||45 Km||1 hour|
|Greater Noida to Agra||186.4 km||2 hour 37 mins|
|Greater Noida to Aligarh||105.6 km||2 hour 23 mins|
|Greater Noida to Jaipur||318.5 km||4 hours 30 mins|
Overall, Greater Noida is not just an extended city of Noida but it is a city of joy, beautiful scenery, tall buildings, beautiful roads and a lot more to experience that will leave you enthralled and captivated. Whether you are a food lover, a history enthusiast, or a travel enthusiast, Greater Noida has something for everyone. So come, explore this city or magical city, and let yourself be transported to a world of grace, beauty, and love!
Know your travel essentials and avoid travelling to this city in the summers as it becomes very uncomfortable to travel around your favourite places this time as the weather is hot and humid.
Saavari is a car rental app and our vision is to provide our customers with world-class service.
Go and download our Car rental app for availing the best car service.