Buckle up, dear readers, because we’re about to embark on a whirlwind, glitz-and-glamour-filled journey through the heart of Mumbai! It is where the magic of Bollywood truly begins – where our beloved stars rest their heads after a gruelling day of romancing on-screen and dancing around trees. And oh boy, aren’t we all a teeny bit curious to see how these gods and goddesses of the silver screen live in real life? So, without further ado, let’s kickstart this celebrity house hopping in Mumbai or as I like to call it Bolly-good journey!
I mean, as a hardcore Bollywood fangirl, I’d be lying if I said I haven’t spent countless hours daydreaming about bumping into Shah Rukh Khan while casually strolling on Bandstand or catching a glimpse of Deepika Padukone at her Prabhadevi residence. But, alas! Daydreams aren’t always served on a silver platter. So, what’s the next best thing? A good old Celebrity Darshan tour! Think about it. The wind in your hair, the buzzing Mumbai traffic, and your heart skipping a beat every time you pass a swanky Bollywood mansion, hoping to catch a glimpse of your favourite star. It’s quite a thrill, isn’t it?
Of course, we’re not going to be the paparazzi, lurking around corners with giant telephoto lenses. Oh, no, no, no. We’re going for casual, respectful sightseeing. Admiring from afar, you know, like any starstruck fan would do. After endless hours of fangirling and going down the rabbit hole of Bollywood celebrity addresses, I booked a Savaari in Mumbai and passed by all of these celebrity houses during my Mumbai Darshan. It was a trip filled with architectural marvels, sea-facing palaces, and who knows, maybe a chance encounter with the very stars we adore.
So, whether you’re a die-hard Bollywood fanatic like me, or just looking for a different flavour to your Mumbai sightseeing, buckle up! Because, who knows, the next time you watch a Bollywood film, you could be saying, “Hey, I’ve been to that superstar’s house!” So, let’s go, fellow Bollywood devotees! Let’s dive headfirst into this world of glamour and glitz. Stay tuned for some exciting glimpses into the real-life abodes of our reel-life heroes and heroines. Put on your best fan grin, and let the celebrity darshan begin!
Bollywood celebrity houses in Bandra
Welcome to Bandra, Mumbai, the hub of Bollywood’s glitterati! Take a mesmerizing stroll through this star-studded neighborhood, where you can catch sight of iconic residences of your favorite celebrities. From Shah Rukh Khan’s opulent “Mannat” to Salman Khan’s grand “Galaxy Apartments,” and Amitabh Bachchan’s magnificent “Jalsa,” the allure of these extravagant abodes will leave you starstruck. Explore the secrets of showbiz luxury as you wander amidst the homes of India’s biggest stars.
Shah Rukh Khan – Mannat
Well, there I was, grinning like an excited fangirl, parked outside the majestic stronghold of Bollywood’s very own king – Shah Rukh Khan. I kid you not, this place, Mannat, is right smack in the heart of Mumbai. The perfect abode for a king, if you ask me. In fact, the king’s domain has become a landmark in the city, with hordes of tourists and fans daily clustering at its gates like bees to honey. Naturally, yours truly was part of that fan horde, camera at the ready, hopeful for a fleeting glimpse of SRK. Or at least a selfie with the front door, I’m not picky.
As the gates opened and… nah, just kidding! I didn’t get to see him, not this time. But hey, there’s always next time. I’m thinking, maybe I’ll sync my next Mumbai trip with his birthday. With the tradition of him gracing his fans from his balcony on that day, I might just get lucky. But, until then, my dreamy photo of Mannat’s imposing gate will have to suffice.
Rekha – Sea Springs
Next stop, the divine Rekha’s abode. Now here’s a residence that truly mirrors its occupant – elegant, classic, and slightly elusive. Hidden behind high walls and lush greenery, this beautiful house is nestled by the sea at Bandra Bandstand. Try as I might, there was no peering through the thick curtain of bamboo and trees that kept prying eyes at bay. A perfect fortress of solitude for the ageless queen of Bollywood. While I didn’t get to lay my eyes on the Umrao Jaan star herself, just knowing I was breathing the same Bandra air was a fangirl moment in itself. I know, I’m hopeless, but hey, a girl can dream, right?
Mohammad Rafi – Rafi Mansion
Next on my grand Bollywood home tour, I sidled up to Rafi Mansion, straining to hear the ghostly echoes of “Yeh Reshmi Zulfein” emanating from its walls. My dad would always play Rafi Sahab’s songs, you see. This bungalow-turned-museum used to house the melody king himself – the late Mohammad Rafi. Just the sight of his awards and possessions gave me the feels. It was like a time machine straight to the golden era of Bollywood. A real treat for any music lover, let me tell you.
Salman Khan – Galaxy Apartments
Then I found myself outside the Galaxy Apartments, the real-world galaxy of Bollywood’s resident celestial body, Salman Khan. Despite living a life filled with stardom and glamour, the Dabangg star remains a family man at heart, still residing in his childhood home with his extended family. Fans, like iron filings to a magnet, line up outside this place, hoping for a peek at their beloved “Bhaijaan.” A clear sign of his massive popularity and stardom in the city!
Ranbir Kapoor and Alia Bhatt – Vastu
I then travelled to Vastu in Pali Hill, the love nest of Ranbir Kapoor and Alia Bhatt. You know, Ranbir Kapoor, my teenage crush. The mere thought of seeing him in the flesh sent my heart racing like a teenage girl at a boyband concert. However, just by luck, I arrived only to find out that the couple had already left. The swarm of paparazzi outside their home was my only solace, as we all shared in the disappointment. Oh well, there’s always next time.
Saif Ali Khan and Kareena Kapoor – Fortune Heights
Next, I found myself gravitating towards Fortune Heights, the residence of Bollywood royalty, Saif Ali Khan and Kareena Kapoor Khan. Honestly, these two together give me major relationship goals! They’ve been happily cohabiting in this plush sanctuary since 2009, a few years before they officially tied the knot in 2012. With their abode perched on the top floor of the building, I can only imagine the sweeping views of Mumbai they must enjoy. I found myself in a sea of paparazzi trying to spot the power couple or their little princes, Taimur and Jeh.
Aamir Khan – Bella Vista Apartments
Finally, it was time to visit the place that Mr. Perfectionist himself, Aamir Khan, calls home. A living testament to his meticulous nature and attention to detail, his residence in Bandra’s Bella Vista Apartments is quite the sight. Spanning a sprawling 5,000 square feet, the apartment is a harmonious fusion of contemporary Asian and European design elements. Oh, and a cherry on top of my star-studded adventure was spotting Aamir in the flesh. An autograph, though? That might just have to wait for another starry day!
Sachin Tendulkar – Dorab Villa
When I was done with visiting all the celebrity houses in Bandra, my driver Mukesh bhaiya reminded me that my Mumbai darshan tour would be incomplete if I hadn’t visited the Master Blaster’s house. With excitement, we headed towards the iconic residence of the cricketing legend, Sachin Tendulkar, located in Bandra. Nestled amidst the charming lanes, Sachin’s house stands as a symbol of his unparalleled achievements and the love he received from millions of fans across the globe. Though we couldn’t go inside, just seeing the majestic mansion brought a sense of awe and admiration. The visit to Sachin’s house was undoubtedly a highlight of my Mumbai celebrity house-hopping journey, leaving me with unforgettable memories to cherish.
Things to do in Bandra
Bandra isn’t just about celebrity spotting! Once a cluster of fishing villages, Bandra has metamorphosed into a buzzing suburban hub. It is a vibrant blend of charming Goan-Portuguese bungalows, awe-inspiring churches, scenic promenades by the sea, and an array of dining and drinking establishments that cater to every budget. For many, this chic suburb epitomizes the spirit of Mumbai at its maximum.
Just when you think Bandra has reached its saturation point in terms of eateries, bars, or stores, another one springs up, as if out of nowhere. Though Bandra offers a whole host of experiences beyond this list, book an hourly car rental in Bandra and indulge in some of these must-do activities in this dynamic corner of Mumbai:
- Visit Bandra Fort: Also known as Castella de Aguada, this is a historic fort located right at the edge of the sea. From here, you can witness the beautiful sight of the Bandra-Worli sea link.
- Explore Bandstand Promenade: This is a popular spot in Bandra where you can enjoy a leisurely walk while soaking in the view of the Arabian Sea.
- Shopping at Linking Road and Hill Road: Both these locations are famous for their street shopping and are ideal places to buy fashionable clothes, accessories, and footwear at reasonable prices.
- Enjoy the Street Food: Mumbai is famous for its street food, and Bandra is no exception. You must try local favourites like Vada Pav, Pani Puri, and Bhel Puri.
- Check out Mount Mary Church: This beautiful Roman Catholic Basilica, located atop a hill known as ‘Sunderban Bandra’, is a peaceful retreat. It’s particularly vibrant during the Feast of the Blessed Virgin Mary in September.
- Visit Bandra Reclamation: An ideal spot for evening walks, the Bandra Reclamation area offers a splendid view of the Sea Link, with the added joy of some lip-smacking street food.
- Visit Joggers Park: A jog or walk in this beautiful park can be very refreshing. It overlooks the Arabian Sea and is also a great place for bird-watching.
- Explore Bandra’s Art Scene: Walk through the bylanes of Bandra to appreciate the impressive street art. You can find the ‘Bandra Wall Project’ murals on Chapel Road and Waroda Road.
- Dining: Bandra is known for its vibrant dining scene. From street stalls to high-end restaurants, the suburb offers a range of dining experiences. Some popular spots include Pali Bhavan, Suzette, and Bastian.
- Carter Road Promenade: Another popular seaside promenade, perfect for a leisurely stroll. The area is also surrounded by cafes and eateries.
Bollywood celebrity houses in Juhu
Discover the allure of celebrity houses in Juhu, Mumbai, where Bollywood’s elite resides in opulent splendor! Wander through this star-studded neighborhood and catch glimpses of iconic residences. From Amitabh Bachchan’s majestic “Prateeksha” to Akshay Kumar’s luxurious “Jal Darshan,” and the legendary Dilip Kumar’s elegant “Krishna Raj,” Juhu boasts a constellation of celebrity abodes. Immerse yourself in the allure of showbiz luxury as you explore the exclusive homes of India’s biggest stars in Juhu, Mumbai. Prepare to be enchanted by the glitz and charm of this glamorous locality!
Amitabh Bachchan – Jalsa
Ah, onto my father’s all-time favourite, the Shahenshah of Bollywood, Amitabh Bachchan. Now, Mr. Bachchan owns two impressive properties in Mumbai – Prateeksha and Jalsa. A stroll past Prateeksha, a sprawling bungalow in Juhu, was like stepping into a Bollywood time capsule. This was the very abode where he once resided with his parents and later, with his equally talented wife, Jaya Bachchan. Over time, the Bachchan clan decided to nest in Jalsa, another awe-inspiring bungalow nestled in the plush locale of Juhu. Today, the vibrant Jalsa is home to Amitabh, his son Abhishek, Abhishek’s wife Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, and their adorable daughter Aaradhya. And while catching a glimpse of this illustrious family was a long shot, just standing outside their residence was enough to give me goosebumps!
Deepika Padukone and Ranveer Singh – BeauMonde Towers
My star tour continued to Prabhadevi, where Deepika Padukone and Ranveer Singh have made their nest. This power couple owns a luxurious 4 BHK apartment in the towering BeauMonde Towers. Residing on the 33rd floor, they’re privy to a dazzling view of Mumbai’s skyline. Unfortunately, Deepika wasn’t in town during my visit, but just standing outside the building gave me a touch of the Shanti Priya magic!
Akshay Kumar – Prime Beach
Next on my itinerary was the heavenly abode of the Bollywood Khiladi, Akshay Kumar. Nestled by the sea in Juhu, Akshay’s villa is like a little slice of paradise. But here’s the real kicker – once upon a time, a young, hopeful Akshay was shooed away from this very bungalow during a portfolio photoshoot. Oh, how tables turn! Today, the star owns this property, having transformed it into a nurturing haven for his family. Now, isn’t that an inspiring tale of hard work paying off?
Katrina Kaif and Vicky Kaushal – Rajmahal
Newly-wed stars Katrina Kaif and Vicky Kaushal’s luxurious home was my next stop. Nestled in the elite Juhu area, their grandiose residence in the Rajmahal building overlooks the Arabian Sea. This eight-story architectural marvel, situated in Chandrabai Nagar, exudes the kind of opulence befitting two of Bollywood’s biggest stars. Guess what? I got more than just a peek at the building – I managed to snag an autograph and a selfie with Vicky Kaushal himself! Talk about a fan moment!
Hrithik Roshan- Mannat Apartments
Oh, where do I even begin with my crush on Hrithik Roshan? The moment I heard the first notes of “Kaho Na Pyaar Hai” echo through the house, I was smitten. My younger self must have watched that movie well over a hundred times, which is no mean feat, I assure you! So, you can imagine my uncontrollable excitement when I finally got to see his apartment in Juhu.
And let me tell you, it was everything I had dreamed of and more. I mean, this place had it all – distinctive features and lavish balconies, all done in this amazing nautical theme. Although I didn’t catch a glimpse of my beloved Bollywood hero, standing in front of the house that he calls home was a thrill enough for me. The house of the man who made me fall in love with Bollywood, who can ask for more, right? Well, apart from maybe a signed autograph, I suppose there’s always next time! Keep your fingers crossed for me!
Priyanka Chopra – Karmayog
Finally, I paid a visit to the magnificent Mumbai property of the quintessential “desi girl” turned global icon, Priyanka Chopra. After making her mark in Hollywood and marrying pop sensation Nick Jonas, Priyanka now primarily resides in New York. But, she’s kept her connection to her roots, owning a 7-crore property in the Karmayog building in Juhu and an apartment in the vibrant Lokhandwala complex. Sadly, both houses were vacant during my visit. Next time she’s in town, I might just stake out for a chance to spot this globe-trotting star!
Things to do in Juhu
Nestled along the shores of the Arabian Sea, Juhu isn’t just a residential hub but a tourist hotspot as well. This upscale neighbourhood also boasts an impressive culinary landscape, from lip-smacking street food to plush fine-dining restaurants. The suburb is a perfect amalgamation of tranquillity and bustling city life. Book a Savaari in Juhu and explore the hotspot to the fullest by doing these things:
- Visit Juhu Beach: Of course, the first thing on this list has to be a visit to the famous Juhu Beach. Whether it’s for a morning jog, a relaxed evening walk, or to enjoy the stunning sunset, this beach is a must-visit. You can also enjoy a variety of street foods like pani puri, pav bhaji, and ice gola.
- Explore ISKCON Temple: This magnificent temple is dedicated to Lord Krishna. The temple complex also houses a vegetarian restaurant and a guest house.
- Dine at Prithvi Café: Located within the premises of the famous Prithvi Theatre, this café is a cozy spot to enjoy some delicious food and a range of hot and cold beverages.
- Watch a Play at Prithvi Theatre: One of Mumbai’s iconic cultural hubs, Prithvi Theatre, is an intimate auditorium that showcases some of the best plays in the city. Get all the details related to what is screening, show timing & other events at Prithvi theatre here.
- Visit the Juhu Garden (Also known as Rotary Park): A beautiful park perfect for families, with a dedicated play area for kids and some interesting topiary work.
- Shopping at VM Road: Known as the fashion street of Juhu, VM Road is an ideal place to buy fashionable clothes, accessories, and footwear at reasonable prices.
- Visit St. Joseph’s Church: This beautiful church is one of the oldest in the city and offers a serene environment.
- Gorge on Street Food: Apart from the beach, Juhu Chowpatty is famous for its mouthwatering street food stalls.
- Enjoy Fine Dining: Juhu houses several high-end dining establishments, including Estella, Olive Bar & Kitchen, and Mahesh Lunch Home, known for their ambiance and delicious cuisines.
Bollywood celebrity houses in Worli
In the elegant neighborhood of Worli, Mumbai, explore the allure of luxury as you discover the lavish residences of Bollywood’s biggest stars! Wander through this glamorous district and catch glimpses of iconic celebrity houses. From Anushka Sharma’s stunning “Omkar 1973,” to the legendary cricketer Yuvraj Singh’s house and Riteish Deshmukh and Genelia D’Souza’s Home, Worli is a treasure trove of celebrity abodes. Experience the enchantment of showbiz luxury as you stroll through the exclusive homes of India’s renowned stars in Worli, Mumbai. Prepare to be captivated by the opulence and charm of this star-studded locality!
Anushka Sharma and Virat Kohli – Omkar 1973
Next up was the residence of Bollywood’s favourite power couple, Anushka Sharma and Virat Kohli. With Virat, the ex-captain of the Indian cricket team, and Anushka, a prominent Bollywood actress, their union is an iconic blend of cricket and cinema. This dynamic duo owns a towering Mumbai apartment with a view that would leave anyone spellbound, a peaceful bungalow in Delhi that serves as a serene escape from city life, and a farmhouse in Alibaug that’s perfect for low-key getaways. If you thought their life couldn’t get any more glam, guess what? Shahid Kapoor is their neighbour!
Things to do in Worli
Worli is a bustling neighbourhood located in South Mumbai, characterized by a juxtaposition of old and new. The area, once dominated by traditional fishing communities, has transformed over the years into one of the city’s most upmarket localities. Worli now hosts a variety of commercial hubs, high-rise buildings, and luxury residential skyscrapers. From significant cultural spots and historic landmarks to a variety of dining and shopping options, Worli has something for everyone. Here are some things you can do when you’re in Worli while commuting in a Savaari:
- Visit the Worli Sea Face: Known for its stunning view of the Arabian Sea and the Bandra-Worli Sea Link, the Worli Sea Face is a great place to enjoy a peaceful walk, especially during the early morning or late evening.
- Explore the Worli Fort: This historic fort, built by the British around 1675, offers a panoramic view of the city and the sea. It’s a great place to soak in a bit of history and enjoy a lovely sunset.
- Visit Haji Ali Dargah: This iconic 14th-century mosque and tomb situated on a tiny islet off the coast of Worli is an important pilgrimage site and a must-visit.
- Enjoy Shopping at High Street Phoenix Mall: This is one of the largest shopping malls in the city, housing a wide range of domestic and international brands.
- Check Out the Nehru Science Centre: A great place for children and adults alike, this interactive science center has a variety of exhibits that make learning fun.
- Visit the Dr. Bhau Daji Lad Museum: This is the oldest museum in Mumbai and hosts a splendid collection of archaeological finds, maps, and historic photographs.
- Try the Local Cuisine: Worli has several great eateries, from roadside stalls offering local street food to upscale restaurants. Do try the local seafood delicacies in this area.
- Visit the Worli Dairy: The dairy complex by the sea is a fascinating place to visit. It’s where most of Mumbai’s milk is processed.
- Relax at the Hanging Gardens: Just a short drive from Worli, these terraced gardens, also known as Pherozeshah Mehta Gardens, offer stunning sunset views over the Arabian Sea.
Celebrity houses in Cumballa Hill
Ambani house – Antilia
Though not a Bollywood celebrity per se, it’s impossible not to mention Mukesh Ambani’s architectural marvel, Antilia, on my starry adventure. As the second most expensive house in the world, right after Buckingham Palace, it truly is a sight to behold. This 4000-square-foot oasis, located in Mumbai’s Altamount Road, was designed by the Chicago-based architects Perkins and Will and constructed by the Australian-based Leighton Holdings. Though I couldn’t tour inside, the magnificence of Antilia is something that leaves you awe-struck, even from a distance!
Things to do in Cumballa Hill
Cumballa Hill is an upmarket neighbourhood in South Mumbai, well-known for its leafy lanes, colonial-era buildings, and luxury apartments. This serene residential area is home to several prominent figures, including Bollywood stars, entrepreneurs, and top-level executives. Despite its reputation as a residential zone, Cumballa Hill is far from monotonous and has much to offer in terms of activities and places to visit. Here are some things you can do when in Cumballa Hill:
- Visit Mani Bhavan Gandhi Museum: This museum is dedicated to the life and works of Mahatma Gandhi, India’s Father of the Nation. Here, you can explore a detailed exhibition showcasing his philosophy, beliefs, and significant life events.
- Shop at Heera Panna Shopping Center: This bustling shopping complex is a great place to buy electronics, jewellery, clothes, and other items. You can find some good bargains here if you’re willing to negotiate.
- Explore Hanging Gardens: Also known as Pherozeshah Mehta Gardens, these beautifully landscaped gardens on Malabar Hill offer spectacular sunset views over the Arabian Sea.
- Visit the Kamala Nehru Park: This park, named after the wife of India’s first Prime Minister Jawaharlal Nehru, is a delightful place for a leisurely stroll. The shoe-shaped structure within the park is a favourite among children.
- Enjoy Gourmet Delights: Cumballa Hill is home to several high-end restaurants and bakeries that serve a variety of cuisines. Indulge in some fine dining or simply grab a coffee at one of the local cafes.
- Visit the Parsi Tower of Silence: Although you cannot enter the Tower of Silence due to religious restrictions, you can walk around the area to understand Parsi culture and customs.
- Explore Priyadarshini Park: This large, open green space along the seafront is perfect for a morning jog or evening walk. It also has a sports complex with facilities for tennis, football, and more.
- Take a Walk on Cumballa Hill: Take a leisurely walk around this posh area, enjoy its calm ambiance, and marvel at the beautiful colonial architecture.
At the end of my celebrity house tour in Mumbai, I felt an overwhelming sense of satisfaction. I had seen up close the homes of my silver screen idols, and it was an inspiration. A beacon lighting up my dreams of one day owning such a residence when I succeed in my own endeavours. The experience was truly inspiring and if you ask me, I’d say this to everyone: Book an hourly car rental by downloading the Savaari app and embark on this fascinating Mumbai darshan. It’s not just about seeing these celebrity homes, you also get a chauffeur who doubles up as your tour guide, taking you to all the most amazing spots in these areas.
Yes, fortune favoured me in parts, granting me glimpses of my favourites, while at other times, luck was not on my side. But hey, the thrill of anticipation is half the fun, right? So, here’s to keeping hope alive for the next tour!
Last Updated on August 3, 2023 by blogadmin