Delhi, the political and administrative capital of India and the City of Cities is also home to some famous landmarks and mouth-watering delicacies. From the modern amenities of New Delhi to the history-laden Old Delhi to the political nucleus of Central Delhi, it certainly spoils tourists and visitors for choices. To explore a city like Delhi, you need an expert chauffeur who knows the right spots and also the best locations in and around the city. Therefore, book a Savaari car rental in Jaipur for a wholesome experience.
Table of Contents
Why Travel from Jaipur to Delhi?
Road trips are one of the perfect ways of traveling from one city to another. Jaipur to Delhi distance is around 270 kilometers. The travel time is approximately 4.5 to 5 hours.
Traveling from Jaipur to Delhi by Car
When you travel from Jaipur to Delhi by car, drive past the royal structures and rustic villages of Rajasthan. The route is scenic with beautiful towns like Bhiwadi and Neemrana along the way. What is a road trip without eating at a local road-side eatery? The route between Jaipur and Delhi offers many options to satiate your taste buds. You can make the most of this road trip with Savaari Car Rentals and their expertise. You can also book a tempo traveller in Delhi, which provides ample space and comfort for a delightful journey to explore the city.
Best time to take a Road trip from Jaipur to Delhi by Car
While traveling to Delhi, early and late winters are usually the best time. The rest of the year is either too cold or too hot. Monsoon can be a good time to visit Delhi, but you must ensure that you plan a road trip after checking the state of the roads.
If you are planning a road trip from Jaipur to Delhi, then there is a simple route to travel the distance along with some interesting places to see and eateries to enjoy the local cuisines from.
Popular routes to travel from Jaipur to Delhi by road
Route: Distance and Time taken from Jaipur to Delhi Via NH 48
Jaipur to Delhi Distance Via NH 48
The Jaipur to Delhi distance via this route is approximately 287 KM and takes over 5 hours 50 mins to travel. Before you travel, always check for traffic updates and use live maps to get real-time information on Jaipur to Delhi road conditions.
|Jaipur — Shahpura — Neemrana — Bhiwadi — Gurugram — Delhi
Popular Places along the way:
- Neemrana Fort Palace – A fort palace that is more than 550 years old, the Neemrana Fort Palace is now a premier heritage hotel in Rajasthan. A look at the place and you are bound to stop and marvel at this architectural wonder. Also, don’t forget to click some amazing photographs and take back memories of a lifetime.
- Heritage Transport Museum: Another detour of around 7 kilometers from the NH 48 takes you to the Heritage Transport Museum – India’s first museum about human transportation.
- Ancient Vrindavan Palace: At less than a kilometer from the NH 48 near Neemrana, you can find the Ancient Vrindavan Palace. It is said that ruins narrate the story of the tragic battle fought here. The Ancient Vrindavan palace is no different.
- NeverEnuf Garden Railway: At a detour of around 6 kilometers from Panchgaon, you can visit this miniature model train land. The detail of this creation is breathtaking.
Places to eat along the way:
- Just Desi, Kotputli – At a distance of around 110 kilometers from Jaipur, you can find the historical place Kotputli named after a town called ‘Kot’ and a village called ‘Putli’. Just Desi is a beautiful-looking restaurant with authentic Rajasthani food.
- Rajwada-The Food Court, Dharuhera – Right in the middle of several dhabas, Rajwada is unique because of its luxurious interior. This is a vegetarian-only Dhaba and the also the only one on the Jaipur-Delhi highway to offer a buffet breakfast.
- Hotel Sukh Sagar, Behror – A simple Dhaba-style place with vegetarian Indian food.
Jaipur to Delhi Road Conditions Via NH 48
This is the shortest, fastest, and most recommended route to travel from Jaipur to Delhi. Most tourists and regular travellers use this route since the Jaipur to Delhi traffic are also not heavy on this highway. Here’s a basic Jaipur to Delhi road map for this route:
A family-friendly roadtrip from Jaipur to Delhi
Plan your group journey with ease by booking a tempo traveller in Jaipur, perfect for trips to Delhi. Ideal for groups larger than 10, these spacious vehicles offer ample luggage space and extra leg room, ensuring comfort for all. Enjoy a memorable road trip with a top-notch audio system and comfortable seating, complemented by our reliable service with punctual, courteous drivers. Travel with peace of mind, thanks to our clean, verified vehicles and transparent, affordable billing.
Other means of traveling from Jaipur to Delhi
How to Reach Delhi by Train
Traveling from Jaipur to Ajmer by train can take around 4.5 to 10.5 hours. There are numerous trains that run between the two cities. Overall, 34 trains run between Jaipur and Ajmer.
The Swarna Jayanti Rajdhani Express is the fastest, as it reaches the destination in 4 hours 30 minutes. It runs daily between Jaipur and Delhi. This train can be boarded from Jaipur at 3 am which reaches Ajmer at 7.30 am. The Sainik Express is the slowest train for this route reaching the destination in 10 hours 30 minutes.
Should you wish to book your trains tickets, it is advisable to check various online portals as well as the Indian Railways website for accurate updated information.
How to reach Delhi by Flight
Traveling from Jaipur to Delhi by flight takes about an hour. Delhi is well-connected by domestic as well as international flights. The airlines that operate flights between Jaipur and New Delhi are Air India, IndiGo, Go Air, Air Asia, Spice Jet, and Thai Airways. The average number of weekly flights from Jaipur to New Delhi is 70. You can opt for an airport taxi in Delhi to reach Indira Gandhi international airport.
For more details, check online portals and official websites of airlines for accurate fares and real-time updates.
Explore Delhi like a Local: A Handy Guide
Delhi is a city offering glimpses of its culturally rich past as well as the thriving present. It is also a city where you can see an impeccable blend of traditional and modern. It is home to three World Heritage Monuments – Qutub Minar, Red Fort, and Humayun’s Tomb. From malls to restaurants, temples to mosques, international brand outlets to local haats (markets), Delhi has surely something to offer to every kind of traveler. There are endless possibilities for long vacations or quick weekend getaways from Delhi, every few hundred miles. Check out the best road trips you can embark on for a quick weekend getaway from Delhi.
Here’s a comprehensive guide to traveling around Delhi and taking home only the best experience.
Attractions in Delhi for Sightseeing
- Humayun’s Tomb
- Red Fort
- Qutub Minar
- Akshardham Temple
- Hauz Khas Village
- India Gate
- Lotus temple
- Jantar Mantar
- Agrasen ki Baoli
- Rashtrapati Bhavan
- Jama Masjid
- ISKCON Temple
- Chandni Chowk Market
- Lodhi Garden
- Mehrauli Archaeological Park
- The holy shrine of Muslim Sufi Saint Nizamuddin Chisti
- Pragati Maidan
Savaari Recommends: Popular Places to Eat in Delhi
- Parikrama – The Revolving Restaurant – Indian, Chinese, and Thai cuisines
- Tihar Food Court – a restaurant run by Tihar jail inmates
- IIFA Buzz Café – for a complete Bollywood experience
- Jungle Jamboree- A feast in the jungle! – indulge in a seven-course meal
- Vault Café – International cuisine in a railway-themed café
- Orient Express – European cuisine in a restaurant themed after the Orient Express train
- Street Food – Any ancient city has street food to die for. While in Delhi, don’t miss:
- Paranthas at Paranthe Waali Galli, Chandni Chowk
- Pani Puri at Nathu’s, Delhi (various locations)
- Sweet Lassi at Bikanerwala
- Gajar Ka Halwa at Kadimi’s, Janakpuri
- Pakode at Pakode Waali Galli, Lajpat Nagar II
- Jalebi at Chandni Chowk
Hotels and Resorts – Accommodation in Delhi
|The Oberoi, New Delhi
|Dr Zakir Hussain Marg, Delhi Golf Club, Golf Links, New Delhi, Delhi 110003 Ph: 011 2436 3030
|The Leela Ambience Convention Hotel, Delhi
|1, CBD, Maharaj Surajmal Road Near Yamuna Sports Complex, Delhi, 110032 ;Ph: 011 7172 1234
|Radisson Blu Plaza
|Nh 8, near Mahipalpur Extension, Block R, Mahipalpur Village, Mahipalpur, New Delhi, Delhi 110037: Phone No: 011 2677 9191
|Pride Plaza Hotel Aerocity
|Hospitality District Asset 5A, Aerocity, Delhi 110037 Ph: 011 7160 0700
|The Leela Palace
|Africa Ave, Diplomatic Enclave, Chanakyapuri, New Delhi, Delhi 110023 Ph: 011 3933 1234
Nearby Road Trips from Delhi
|Delhi to Vrindavan
|Delhi to Mathura
|Delhi to Lansdowne
|Delhi to Udaipur
|Delhi to Dharamshala
|Delhi to McLeodganj
|Delhi to Dalhousie
|Delhi to Kasol
|Delhi to Nainital
|Delhi to Rishikesh
|Delhi to Mussoorie
|Delhi to Auli
|Delhi to Lucknow
|Delhi to Allahabad
|Delhi to Dehradun
|Delhi to Amritsar
|Delhi to Haridwar
|Delhi to Chandigarh
|Delhi to Agra
|Delhi to Shimla
Download our Savaari car rental app for a smooth and pleasant journey.
- Delhi on high alert as Yamuna crosses danger mark, people suffer due to waterlogging
- Road caves in Rohini after heavy rainfall, no injuries reported
- Delhi rain: Areas to avoid because of potholes, waterlogging
- Delhi to Jaipur in 2 hours soon: Courtesy Delhi-Vadodara-Mumbai Expressway
- Smooth ride soon ? Delhi-Jaipur Highway revamp kicks off finally after years of wait
- Delhi Mumbai Jaipur Vadodara Expressway to have toll plazas at Mewat, Maharashtra capital, Fastag mandatory