On visiting Delhi you would be mesmerized by the beauty that lies in the hustle and bustle of the city. Delhi is one of the most populous cities in the world. It is rich in history and heritage. There are several important monuments, museums, and galleries across the city.
Table of Contents
- Why travel from Chandigarh to Delhi?
- Traveling from Chandigarh to Delhi by Car
- Best time to take a road trip by car
- How to Reach Delhi By Train
- How to Reach Delhi by Flight
- Places to eat along this route
- Other means of traveling
- Attractions in Delhi for Sightseeing
- Savaari recommends – Popular places to eat in Delhi
- Hotels and resorts – Accommodation in Delhi
Why travel from Chandigarh to Delhi?
Chandigarh to Delhi by road is one of the most popular road trip routes in all of North India. Delhi is a historically important city and also the capital of the country. From wondrous monuments to delicious food, Delhi is one of the favourite places of almost all travellers.
When you take a road trip from Chandigarh to Delhi, you can enhance your experience by enjoying everything that lies on the way. With Savaari’s Delhi cab service, you can turn your drive into a fun-filled journey and also customize the trip to your liking, travel time, and budget .
Travelling from Chandigarh to Delhi by car
Travelling from Chandigarh to Delhi by car is the most efficient way to enjoy the journey between these two remarkable cities. When you book Chandigarh to Delhi trip packages with Savaari, you will allow yourself a ride through the transitioning landscape through the farms of Punjab to the urban locales of Delhi and cab rental in Gurgaon
Along the way, you will cross interesting as well as some noteworthy historical sites and iconic food places. Let us help you discover the best routes so you can have an incredible Chandigarh to Delhi trip by road. Thus, experience the joy of being on the road by booking a Chandigarh to Delhi cab from Savaari.
Best time to take a road trip from Chandigarh to Delhi by car
The temperature of Delhi ranges between 5°C and 40°C. The peak of summers and winters can be avoided due to extreme weather conditions. The best time to visit Delhi by car would be between October and March when the weather is at its best. You will find people enjoying the sun and it is also the blooming season. This makes the Delhi experience even more pleasant.
Route 1: Chandigarh to Delhi via NH 44
Chandigarh to Delhi distance Via NH 44
This is the fastest and the shortest route, due to which it is the most popular among travellers. You will find many well-known places to eat on your way. The distance from Chandigarh to Delhi is approximately 300 Km and takes around four to five hours, via this route.
|Chandigarh – Ambala – Karnal – Panipat – Sonipat – Delhi|
Popular places along the way:
- Brahma Sarovar, Kurukshetra: Dedicated to the creator of the universe, Lord Brahma, this is a beautiful lake to stop by. This place holds a mythological significance set in the times of Mahabharata. Know more about this epic story by visiting this place.
- Battlefield of Panipat: Take a break to visit this place straight out of your history textbooks. You will also find a museum and war memorial near this place.
- Karna Lake: Named after the character from the epic Mahabharata, Karna. This lake in Karnal is a picturesque and serene place to be at, especially during sunsets. You can also visit Babur’s Masjid, Durga Bhawani Temple, Atal Park when you are here.
- Rani Ka Talab: This pristine lake is situated in Ambala. The colourful water fountains attract a lot of tourists. You will find many rare birds near the lake making it an ideal spot for bird watching. You can also visit Gurudwara Manji Sahib, Holy Redeemer Church when you are here.
Places to eat on this route:
- Amrik Sukhdev, Sonipat – This is a popular restaurant for families and groups of travellers. There are a multi-cuisine buffet and wide variety of a la carte options to choose from.
- Pooran Singh Da Dhaba, Ambala – Stop at this place if you miss ghar ka khana on your way. Known for home-style lunches, this is a family-owned Dhaba.
Chandigarh to Delhi road conditions Via NH 44
It’s suggested to check live traffic updates before leaving. However, the traffic on this route is very light, thus making your trip a pleasant one.
Route 2: Chandigarh to Delhi via NH9 and NH 44
Chandigarh to Delhi Distance Via NH9 and NH 44
In contrast to the previous one, this is a slightly longer and slower route. Due to occasional local traffic or road works in progress, this route is often not preferred by travellers.
The distance from Delhi to Chandigarh via this route is 335 KM. Hence for a smooth and hassle-free experience, it is always advisable to check for live maps and traffic updates to get a better understanding of the real-time traffic and road condition.
|Chandigarh – Ambala – Panipat – Gohana – Bahadurgarh – Delhi|
Popular places along the way:
- Gurudwara Sahab Ratangarh: This Gurudwara is located on NH44 just after you cross Kurukshetra. Stop by to visit this holy place to spend some time amidst nature.
- Cactus Garden, Panchkula: Located in Panchkula, head to this unique botanical garden that showcases more than 3500 varieties of cacti, ranging from thorny rhizoids to succulents, and flowering plants.
- Khwaja Khizar Tomb: Take a quick stop to witness this architectural beauty near Gohana erected during the period 1522–1524. The tomb was built by Ibrahim Lodi in the memory of Khwaja Khizar, the son of Darya Khan. You can also visit the rose garden while you are here.
- Appu Ghar: To commemorate the Asian games of 1982, Appu Ghar, an amusement park, was named after the mascot of Asian games – an elephant named “Appu”. From big splash, roller coasters to the giant wheel and ice boating, you can try these adventure rides with your family. Kids will be delighted!
Places to eat on this route:
- Karan Palace Road, Gohana-Rohtak – This multi-cuisine contemporary dine-in restaurant has been the go-to place to satiate the hunger pangs of many travellers.
- Amrik Sukhdev, Sonipat – Can’t decide what to eat? Stop by this popular place that has a multicuisine buffet and a la carte options.
Chandigarh to Delhi road conditions Via NH9 and NH 44
The Chandigarh to Delhi road conditions via this route is good but the route is longer and takes more time.
Chandigarh to Delhi Best Route
While you can take any of the two routes, we recommend Route 1 Via NH44. The road conditions are excellent and the time taken is less. However, it is advisable to check live traffic updates before leaving for your trip.
Other means of travelling from Chandigarh to Delhi
You can also travel from Chandigarh to Delhi by trains or flights.
How to Reach Delhi by Flight
There are quite a few flights between Chandigarh and Delhi because both the cities have a well-functioning airport of their own. Flights take an average time of 1 hour 10 minutes to reach the destination. The nearest airport is Indira Gandhi International Airport, New Delhi.
You can either make your Chandigarh to Delhi flight booking from any airline website or online portals for the best deals. The Chandigarh to Delhi flight can cost you anything between INR 1500 to 5000, depending on various parameters such as the booking time, travel season, and available deals. Delhi Airport is well connected to the city centre. You can book a Savaari from Delhi Airport to your hotel for a hassle-free transfer.
How to Reach Delhi by Train
You can also travel from Chandigarh to Delhi by train. There are a total of 74 trains, of which 43 trains ply daily between these two cities. It takes five to seven hours via train to reach New Delhi. While the fastest train is CHANDIGARH TO DELHI SHATABDI EXPRESS (12046/45) taking 3.5 hours, you can choose from the wide range of options available on the IRCTC website.
You can visit the Indian Railways website or any other online travel portal for train bookings. But always refer to the daily timetables of the Indian Railways to get the updated Chandigarh to Delhi train ticket price and timings.
You can also take a Chandigarh to Delhi Volvo to cover this distance. To check Chandigarh to Delhi bus timings from sector 17, 43 and nearby areas, you can visit online booking sites.
Explore Delhi Like a Local: A Handy Guide
Delhi is a city offering glimpses of its culturally rich past as well as the thriving present. It is also a city where you can see an impeccable blend of traditional and modern. It is home to three World Heritage Monuments – Qutub Minar, Red Fort, and Humayun’s Tomb. From malls to restaurants, temples to mosques, international brand outlets to local haats (markets), Delhi has surely something to offer to every kind of traveler. There are endless possibilities for long vacations or quick weekend getaways from Delhi, every few hundred miles. Check out the best road trips you can embark on for a quick weekend getaway from Delhi.
Attractions in Delhi for Sightseeing
Delhi has two sides to itself – New Delhi and Old Delhi. The former serves as the hub of bureaucracy and the latter is an architectural beauty. The ancient river the Yamuna flows through the city. Delhi has a lot to offer to its travellers – from ancient architectures to modern skyscrapers spread across the city. Its mouth-watering cuisines – both Indian and international, will leave your taste buds satisfied.
Red Fort, Qutub Minar, Jama Masjid are amongst the many famous monuments located in the city. You can also go on a shopping spree in the famous Sarojini Nagar and Chandni Chowk. Visit the country’s best cafes and restaurants to take a break from all that exploring.
Make sure to include Lotus Temple, India Gate, Akshardham, Purana Qila, Rajpath, Jantar Mantar and the National Museum in your trip. While you are here, you can hire a local guide or get your hands on books that talk about the history of the place.
Savaari recommends – Popular places to eat in Delhi
Delhi is known for its finger-licking snacks. From kachoris, Kheer, meat gravy to nihari and Aloo Tikki – Delhi is also the capital of street food. You will get the best of North Indian cuisine on the streets of Delhi. Whether it’s the delicious Chole Bhature or the satiating Rabdi-Jalebi, Delhi is no less than heaven for foodies.
Drop by these famous eateries to try some of the most noteworthy dishes of Delhi –
- Paranthe Wali Galli
- Azam’s Mughlai and Cafe Turtle, Khan Market
- Jama Masjid and the lane opposite Bazaar Matia Mahal
- Woodbox Cafe, Hudson Lane
- Chache Di Hatti, North Campus
- Parikrama, Connaught Place
Hotels and resorts – Accommodation in Delhi
|The Polo Retreat SkyWaltz||Asagarpur Jagir, Sector 127, Noida, 201313|
|The Roseate||National Highway 8, D Block, Samalka, New Delhi, Delhi 110037|
|Blue Sapphire Motel & Resort||G.T Karnal Road, Alipur, opposite Shani Mandir, Delhi, 110036|
|Petite Homestays||4A, Flag Staff Marg, Civil Lines, New Delhi, Delhi 110054|
|Royal Arches resort||Bakhtawarpur Rd, Bakhtawar Pur Village, Delhi|
Nearby Road Trips from Delhi
|Delhi to Vrindavan||182 km||3 hours|
|Delhi to Mathura||183 km||3 hours|
|Delhi to Lansdowne||295 km||7 hours|
|Delhi to Udaipur||660 km||13 hours|
|Delhi to Dharamshala||469 km||10 hours|
|Delhi to McLeodganj||474 km||10 hours|
|Delhi to Dalhousie||560 km||11 hours|
|Delhi to Kasol||571 km||13 hours|
|Delhi to Nainital||323 km||7 hours|
|Delhi to Rishikesh||263 km||5 hours|
|Delhi to Mussoorie||312 km||6 hours|
|Delhi to Auli||520 km||13 hours|
|Delhi to Lucknow||553 km||8 hours|
|Delhi to Allahabad||742 km||12 hours|
|Delhi to Dehradun||279 km||5 hours|
|Delhi to Amritsar||448 km||8 hours|
|Delhi to Haridwar||242 km||5 hours|
|Delhi to Chandigarh||243 km||5 hours|
|Delhi to Agra||242 km||4 hours|
|Delhi to Shimla||342 km||7 hours|
Download our Savaari car Booking app for a smooth and pleasant journey